UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Pistol grip for shotgun? Worth it?

12/18/12 1:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Buddhadev
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really eyeballing getting FN Herstal SLP and weighing between the "tactical" one (with a pistol grip in addition to the stock) for $100 or so more or the regular one which only has the stock.  What are general thoughts here on adding pistol grip to shotguns?  Worthwhile?  Why or why not?

Mind you, this is **NOT** a question of "either"/"or" but rather "stock only" vs "stock and pistol grip."

Here are the models in question:

12/18/12 5:34 AM
ringworm
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course! It's useless without the pistol grip. Let grandmaster tyronehernandez teach you:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&thread=2094150

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&thread=2097659
12/18/12 2:43 PM
Skpotamus
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The pistol grip stock is generally more ergonomic and comfortable for most people to shoot standing. It's really whatever is most comfortable for you though.
12/19/12 2:48 AM
Buddhadev
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol ringworm!

Skip -- would you personally pay $100 more for the one with the pistol grip? Thanks!
12/19/12 7:14 PM
Skpotamus
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It would depend on how good it felt compared to the sporting stock and how good the stock was. Being a FN, it's going ot be a good one. It looks like it has a lot of customization features on it, so you can make it fit you pretty well.

I probably would, but YMMV.
12/20/12 2:05 AM
Buddhadev

Thanks brother. BTW, sent you a forum friend request!

Of course, I might already be too late to get one. I've heard horror stories about how bare the inventories are now for semi-auto shotguns. :-(
12/21/12 3:25 PM
USMC Blackhearts
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely go with the grip.  However I'd recommend saving some cash for just as fine of a firearm by going with the Mossberg SPX 930.  Check it out.  Good luck!

12/23/12 12:24 AM
Buddhadev

@USMC-- Damn, it is a lot cheaper! looks like it's easier to put a light on it too
12/24/12 4:40 AM
USMC Blackhearts
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buddhadev - @USMC-- Damn, it is a lot cheaper! looks like it's easier to put a light on it too

Ya, I've got a light on mine and it's a sweet setup.  It's about half the cost of the USMC's Benelli's and in my opinion about the same quality.  I have a sling on it that holds 25 rounds and I'm ready to rock and roll.

12/24/12 12:40 PM
Buddhadev

USMC Blackhearts - 
Buddhadev - @USMC-- Damn, it is a lot cheaper! looks like it's easier to put a light on it too

Ya, I've got a light on mine and it's a sweet setup.  It's about half the cost of the USMC's Benelli's and in my opinion about the same quality.  I have a sling on it that holds 25 rounds and I'm ready to rock and roll.

^^^Now if only anyone still had them in stock!
1/4/13 7:58 PM
MountainMedic
722 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have a winchester defender 1200. i wanted a folding stock so that it would fit into my drybox (we raft in bear/moose country regularly & have had encounters). of course on a folder its going to be a pistol grip (have never seen one without it).

took some getting used to, to be honest, but I like it now.

*i'm always surprised the defender doesn't get mentioned more in these discussions... its been a great weapon for me and very afordable.

-MM
5/20/13 8:09 PM
Buddhadev

Thanks MM!
5/21/13 9:46 AM
Dark Knight
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also buy a Micro pack

I like how the next set of rounds are pulled right out to the front of the pack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IMpmIJmHiXI

Buy here

http://www.originalsoegear.com/12gamicro.html

Rig

http://www.originalsoegear.com/12gamicro.html
6/13/13 11:23 PM
BshMstr
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i just added an ATI pistol grip/collapsible stock on my Remington 870.... i was amazed how much better it shoots and how much more comfortable i feel with moving around with it.

i honestly see no reason not to have this stock....
6/14/13 8:52 AM
Dark Knight
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It makes it safer on a long gun because you have better control.
6/14/13 11:24 AM
BshMstr
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And it looks cooler, too! Well, that's not like a real reason....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.