UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JDS: 'Other guy' is made in the labratory

12/19/12 3:39 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

When asked if he’d rather defend his crown against a respectful opponent like Cain Velasquez, who Santos meets December 29th in Las Vegas, or a smack-talking Overeem, dos Santos said he wants to face opponents who aren’t on the juice.

“I prefer to fight against clean athletes and real professionals,” dos Santos stated. “Cain Velasquez is one of these guys. He’s a real professional fighter and that’s a good challenge for me. I know he’s very tough and I know how hard I have to train to face him. And the OTHER GUYS, they just say things, but there’s nothing behind the words.

“Guys like me and Cain Velasquez, we are made at the gym. Guys like the OTHER GUY there, they are made in the laboratory.”

read entire article...

12/19/12 3:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TEX4N32
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Humble guy, props for having hespect for cain. Phone Post
12/19/12 3:53 PM
superCulo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's gonna get knocked out Phone Post
12/19/12 4:02 PM
Lazer MMA

Well if 80 percent are on the real juice as Stungun and so many fighters say, really it's just a pot shot at Reem.

On the other hand, hell yea JDS! LOL
12/19/12 4:08 PM
BigfootsChin
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FatLoser - i doubt overoid is the first ufc fighter on the old juicerino
the old roid o ronies

the old testostarimbonadas

the old human growth hormonadafintobadagadamafadas

if you know what i mean
I know exactly what you mean!!

I think :/ Phone Post
12/19/12 4:09 PM
Card
1905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/19/12 4:12 PM

Asked about Overeem at the 2 min mark...

12/19/12 4:45 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The man speaks truth, that's why it's going to be so hard to watch him give Cain his title back. Phone Post
12/19/12 4:50 PM
kawz1
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Although JDS/Cain2 is epic and not getting quite the attention it deserves, I must admit I just wanna see JDS/Reem on the fourth of July. If they both have to win/lose for this to happen, so be it.

JDS beats Cain again, IMO.

JDS KTFO Alistair, 1st round.
12/19/12 5:19 PM
bigdee1983420
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He continues to downplay Overeem's skill,specifically his striking ability. I'm a huge JDS fan,but I think he knows the only guys that will challenge him are elite strikers like Reem,or Mark Hunt. These are the only type fighters that are a threat to him in my opinion. Grappler/Wrestler/JJ based fighter's JDS is a nightmare for them 10/10 times.
12/19/12 5:27 PM
Josh_underground
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FatLoser - i doubt overoid is the first ufc fighter on the old juicerino
the old roid o ronies

the old testostarimbonadas

the old human growth hormonadafintobadagadamafadas

if you know what i mean
I like this a lot haha. Phone Post
12/19/12 5:50 PM
bigdee1983420
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Fury - JDS is not mincing words. He means it.

Mincing words or not,he's still downplaying Overeem in my opinion,because deep down he knows hes a threat to him. I like JDS alot as a fighter,hes one of the greatest of all time. Everybody knows Elite Strikers like Overeem,or Mark Hunt,are his biggest challenges.
12/19/12 6:15 PM
Entreri

Overeem is a threat to him, but the Reem will be KO'ed.
12/19/12 6:20 PM
Alger Hiss
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he really thinks that about Overeem, he is going to get buttfucked whenever they match up.
12/19/12 6:22 PM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's scared of The Reem, BTW i don't blame him!

12/19/12 7:13 PM
lilbrian46

JDS is probably on HGH, like every other Brazillian fighter.
12/19/12 7:16 PM
Lazer MMA

Entreri - Overeem is a threat to him, but the Reem will be KO'ed.

This day and night! Roids not going to have strengthened his jaw. JBJ by KO
12/19/12 7:39 PM
stonepony

bigdee1983420 - He continues to downplay Overeem's skill,specifically his striking ability. I'm a huge JDS fan,but I think he knows the only guys that will challenge him are elite strikers like Reem,or Mark Hunt. These are the only type fighters that are a threat to him in my opinion. Grappler/Wrestler/JJ based fighter's JDS is a nightmare for them 10/10 times.

Elite striker? Overoids? Since when? Haven't seen it from him in MMA.
12/19/12 7:57 PM
bigdee1983420

samúð og völd - 
bigdee1983420 - 
Nick Fury - JDS is not mincing words. He means it.

Mincing words or not,he's still downplaying Overeem in my opinion,because deep down he knows hes a threat to him. I like JDS alot as a fighter,hes one of the greatest of all time. Everybody knows Elite Strikers like Overeem,or Mark Hunt,are his biggest challenges.

Yes...

You threw that hook out once before and nobody took a bite.

Nobody takes the bite my friend cause its the truth.
12/19/12 8:02 PM
bigdee1983420

stonepony - 
bigdee1983420 - He continues to downplay Overeem's skill,specifically his striking ability. I'm a huge JDS fan,but I think he knows the only guys that will challenge him are elite strikers like Reem,or Mark Hunt. These are the only type fighters that are a threat to him in my opinion. Grappler/Wrestler/JJ based fighter's JDS is a nightmare for them 10/10 times.

Do I really have to go over this with you again? Come on son go educate yourself before you speak on who is an elite striker! Everybody knows Overeem is an elite striker in MMA or K-1,doesn't matter. If you hang with guys like Badr Hari,Saki,Aerts,Spong,and beat them,yes you are elite. BTW yes he has showed it in MMA,go watch the masterful destruction on Todd Duffee w/punch/knee combinations. If you know what elite striking is Overeem is at the very top!
12/19/12 8:09 PM
bigdee1983420

Lazer MMA - 

People always go back to the chin thing with Overeem at LHWT. But what they don't realize the last time he was KO'd was by Sergei,which was awhile ago. Since then he fought,and beat alot of Highlevel strikers in the K-1,and none of them could KO him. I dont wanna hear that Badr Hari KO'd him in the 2nd fight. If you know what KO is that was not a true KO,was more of a technical KO while he was still standing. The Bottom line is since coming a true HWT nobody has KO'd him. Not to mention his striking/timing/defense has improved 10 fold technically. Hes not the wreckless Overeem we saw fight in Pride anymore.
12/19/12 8:13 PM
Jons Forsberg

bigdee1983420 - 
Lazer MMA - 

People always go back to the chin thing with Overeem at LHWT. But what they don't realize the last time he was KO'd was by Sergei,which was awhile ago. Since then he fought,and beat alot of Highlevel strikers in the K-1,and none of them could KO him. I dont wanna hear that Badr Hari KO'd him in the 2nd fight. If you know what KO is that was not a true KO,was more of a technical KO while he was still standing. The Bottom line is since coming a true HWT nobody has KO'd him. Not to mention his striking/timing/defense has improved 10 fold technically. Hes not the wreckless Overeem we saw fight in Pride anymore.

he hasn't been hit by anyone with real KO power since Sergei and Hari KOed him in K1.
12/19/12 8:17 PM
stonepony

bigdee1983420 - 
stonepony - 

Do I really have to go over this with you again? Come on son go educate yourself before you speak on who is an elite striker! Everybody knows Overeem is an elite striker in MMA or K-1,doesn't matter. If you hang with guys like Badr Hari,Saki,Aerts,Spong,and beat them,yes you are elite. BTW yes he has showed it in MMA,go watch the masterful destruction on Todd Duffee w/punch/knee combinations. If you know what elite striking is Overeem is at the very top!

Duffee the rookie, that's it? He couldn't strike with Werdum, or Buentello, he flopped his roid weight on them till they gassed. He muscled around the tire-salesmen flunkie in SF. This is evidence of his elite striking in MMA? Every time he has faced a solid striker, he has either been KO'd, or he flopped his roid weight on them until they were defenseless.

Duffee... Why not just pretend death-bed Lesnar was an elite striker?
12/19/12 8:36 PM
bigdee1983420

Jons Forsberg - 
bigdee1983420 - 
Lazer MMA - 

he hasn't been hit by anyone with real KO power since Sergei and Hari KOed him in K1.

Hasn't been hit by anyone with true KO power? Spong,Hari,Saki all hit him,and couldn't knock him cold. BTW nethier has JDS,the best striker JDS fought was Crocop. JDS hasn't fought an elite striker in his PRIME like Overeem before,that hits as hard as he does. Even Mark Hunt will challenge JDS with Boxing/Muay Thai/Power. All I'm saying is JDS needs to fight a guy that can hit him,as hard as he hits,that is all. Simple as that!
12/19/12 8:45 PM
bigdee1983420

stonepony - 
bigdee1983420 - 
stonepony - 

Duffee the rookie, that's it? He couldn't strike with Werdum, or Buentello, he flopped his roid weight on them till they gassed. He muscled around the tire-salesmen flunkie in SF. This is evidence of his elite striking in MMA? Every time he has faced a solid striker, he has either been KO'd, or he flopped his roid weight on them until they were defenseless.

Couldn't strike with Werdum huh? Yeah thats why everytime Reem engaged him he fell to his butt,begging for the fight to go to the ground. He destroyed Buentello with kness to the body. I never said Duffee or Lesnar were elite strikers,but Reem showed how elite his striking is against them both. Your just reaching bro,Overeem striking has improved 10 fold. You obviously dont know what elite striking truly is. You don't become a K-1 Grand Prix Champ without being elite,its not happening. Even one of the greatest strikers ever Badr Hari said Reem is top 5 pure striker in the world! I'll take his word over yours any day of the week.
12/19/12 8:55 PM
stonepony

bigdee1983420 - 
stonepony - 
bigdee1983420 - 
stonepony - 

Couldn't strike with Werdum huh? Yeah thats why everytime Reem engaged him he fell to his butt,begging for the fight to go to the ground. He destroyed Buentello with kness to the body. I never said Duffee or Lesnar were elite strikers,but Reem showed how elite his striking is against them both. Your just reaching bro,Overeem striking has improved 10 fold. You obviously dont know what elite striking truly is. You don't become a K-1 Grand Prix Champ without being elite,its not happening. Even one of the greatest strikers ever Badr Hari said Reem is top 5 pure striker in the world! I'll take his word over yours any day of the week.

Let me know if he ever shows his elite striking in MMA. Two different sports you know?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.