UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Condit: MacDonald's call out 'a little odd'

12/19/12 6:11 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The public challenge on network TV excited Condit, he said, since MacDonald is a fighter with "a lot of hype behind him" right now. At the same time, something about it seemed weird.

"I think the whole thing was pretty, I don't know, the tone of it made it seem like I had wronged him," Condit said. "Like I did something wrong. I was just doing what the hell I'm supposed to do."

Clearly, MacDonald has spent some time thinking about that night in Vancouver. That's when Condit put him on his back in the final round of a fight MacDonald seemed to be in control of, and then rained down a desperate series of elbows and punches until the referee stopped it with just seven seconds left. That loss to Condit stands as the only defeat on MacDonald's record so far, and it came in a fashion that "humiliated" him, MacDonald said later.

And yeah, Condit said, he can understand that, all things considered.

"I think it's probably the way that he lost. He was undefeated at that point. He was the man, the next big thing. I think he thinks it's his destiny to be the champion, and I went in there and smashed that dream. So I can see it. But it's a little bit odd, I think."

read entire article...

12/19/12 6:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Amazing
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait for this fight.
12/19/12 6:15 PM
youarewhatiswrong
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seems natural to me. His presentation of the challenge seemed odd, but his desire for redemption is understandable.
12/19/12 6:21 PM
Kentpaul
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the Canadian psycho will beat him this time around
12/19/12 6:26 PM
madmav
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

condit will finish him again.. 

12/19/12 6:33 PM
catgobling

hope condit rattles that brain
12/19/12 6:35 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Condit.
Warrior, good guy. Phone Post
12/19/12 6:35 PM
Entreri

Rory will finish Condit. That fight was a draw, Rory was defending himself even at the end.

Anyway, that was Rory at 20, this kid is a fucking wrecking machine.

Condit has brought out the serial killer.
12/19/12 6:39 PM
Stuckey

What, so now fighters should be polite when calling other fighters out? What MacDonald is likely saying with his tone is that he's pissed that he lost because he felt he was the better fighter that night and now he wants to prove it.
And yes Carlos, us unbiased observers know you didn't do anything wrong and that you were just doing what you were supposed to do, but Rory is not an unbiased observer. He wants to beat you up. And you want to beat him up, and you both want tons of people to pay to see it. So, try and get over the shock of Rory's tone. It's really not that hard to figure out.

12/19/12 6:41 PM
Argo

Condit: Natural born Killer by nickname

Rory: Just a Natural Born Killer. Period.
12/19/12 6:43 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They only have 4 decision wins between them!  Gonna be a great fight, I'm pulling for Rory but also objectively think he'll win.

12/19/12 7:08 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stuckey - What, so now fighters should be polite when calling other fighters out? What MacDonald is likely saying with his tone is that he's pissed that he lost because he felt he was the better fighter that night and now he wants to prove it.
And yes Carlos, us unbiased observers know you didn't do anything wrong and that you were just doing what you were supposed to do, but Rory is not an unbiased observer. He wants to beat you up. And you want to beat him up, and you both want tons of people to pay to see it. So, try and get over the shock of Rory's tone. It's really not that hard to figure out.

You don't have to be polite, you just don't have to be awkward.  I was watching the fight with some casual fans and everyone was asking me "what did that guy Condit do to him?"  Ugh, he just beat him.  *awkward silence*

12/19/12 7:11 PM
epic hero

That whole thing was pretty awkward, like serial killer/stalkerish.
12/19/12 7:12 PM
BrckNoHitBk
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Entreri - Rory will finish Condit. That fight was a draw, Rory was defending himself even at the end.

lol, oh lord.

That must have been the first time in UFC history that a fighter lost by tko in a draw.
12/19/12 7:16 PM
Zomby

Condit is making fun of Rorys obvious autism.
12/19/12 7:19 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a Rory fan it embarrasses me that people can't accept his loss. Rory himself accepts his loss like a man, stop arguing it like bitches. I like both Rory and Condit, but it's not the ref's job to watch the clock... it's his job to watch the fighters.
12/19/12 7:39 PM
meatyman
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory by strangulation ;-) Phone Post
12/19/12 7:43 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Natural Born Killer vs The Canadian Psycho.
12/19/12 8:09 PM
shinbang

Condit takes this convincingly, better skills and more heart than Rory.
12/19/12 8:14 PM
BaraoKix

mmavixen - 
Stuckey - What, so now fighters should be polite when calling other fighters out? What MacDonald is likely saying with his tone is that he's pissed that he lost because he felt he was the better fighter that night and now he wants to prove it.

You don't have to be polite, you just don't have to be awkward.  I was watching the fight with some casual fans and everyone was asking me "what did that guy Condit do to him?"  Ugh, he just beat him.  *awkward silence*

Chale fans shouldn't be able to comment about ANY other fighters words to/about another fighter...
12/19/12 8:17 PM
Bartholomew P Skibbenheims III
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong - seems natural to me. His presentation of the challenge seemed odd, but his desire for redemption is understandable.
Agreed. Just about anything he presents seems odd because of how he does it, but reasoning and motivation are what I would expect from most any fighter. Phone Post
12/19/12 8:27 PM
youarewhatiswrong
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrckNoHitBk - 
Entreri - Rory will finish Condit. That fight was a draw, Rory was defending himself even at the end.

lol, oh lord.

That must have been the first time in UFC history that a fighter lost by tko in a draw.

I'm a big Condit fan, and at the time of the fight I was cheering for the stoppage and defending the win for Condit. I went back and watched the fight again recently, though, and it was a very awkward stoppage. Stopped seconds before the end of the fight, at a point when Rory was in no worse position than he had been for the majority of the round. The ref could have easily let it go to the end, which could have certainly ended in a draw, with Rory taking the first two and Condit taking a 10-8 in the third.
12/19/12 8:30 PM
youarewhatiswrong

First fight is up for free on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m40DZKndiM4
12/19/12 8:54 PM
PayItForward
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rory is no serial killer or stone cold psycho. stone cold psychos lead a nice normal life, laugh and ham it up then go home and apply lipstick on their face while playing the harp.
12/19/12 8:56 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It was a just stoppage, he was kicking my ass." ~ Rory Macdonald.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.