UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey was determined to win over White

12/20/12 12:24 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Before Rousey, a 2008 Olympic bronze medalist in Judo, ever stepped into the cage as a professional fighter, she made it her mission to convert UFC president Dana White into a women’s MMA fan.

“It was a goal of mine from the very beginning actually,” Rousey said. “I just refused to be ignored pretty much. I said to myself, ‘What would work?’ I just thought, ‘I’m going to make myself so impossible to ignore and make myself into something that they didn’t even know that they needed.’

“Before I became a pro I was saying that, so when I was training for my pro debut at King of the Cage is when I first said it on camera. I said, ‘This guy is going to love me and there’s nothing he can do about it.’ I was so sure. You know, I never doubted it.”

Rousey, who will be part of the first women’s fight in UFC history when she faces Liz Carmouche in the main event of UFC 157 on Feb. 23 at Honda Center, has been winning over fans every time she fights. She is 6-0 with six victories via armbar submission. Only one fighter has made it out of the first minute with her.

“Gaining the respect of men who didn’t think women belong in a gym is something that I’ve become very good at over the years,” Rousey said. “He (White) wasn’t the first person to doubt me before he met me. I’m used to changing people’s minds. If you are a woman and you are training, every single time you go into a new environment you have to prove yourself all over again.

read entire article...

12/20/12 12:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WestCoastMXC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like she just made this up. Phone Post
12/20/12 12:38 AM
stonepony

^^^ Damn there are a lot of very young and/or dumb people who comment on here...
12/20/12 12:41 AM
ShaqNoob
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doctor NPD - How's taste Dana's pee pee?

Like $100 bills.
12/20/12 12:42 AM
Bill Pharoni
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What, no provocative photo?
12/20/12 12:53 AM
Tru
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos

brilliant, she had it planned all along

12/20/12 12:56 AM
stonepony

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - 
stonepony - ^^^ Damn there are a lot of very young and/or dumb people who comment on here...

I hope you weren't talking about me.

I commented before your post popped up. I assume you're referring to her being insanely dominant and marketable as a fighter. In which case, no I wasn't referring to you. If you were making the same retarded comment they were, suggesting she had to suck a dick to get DW to notice her, then, yeah...
12/20/12 1:02 AM
JOESONDO
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony -
Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - 
stonepony - ^^^ Damn there are a lot of very young and/or dumb people who comment on here...

I hope you weren't talking about me.

I commented before your post popped up. I assume you're referring to her being insanely dominant and marketable as a fighter. In which case, no I wasn't referring to you. If you were making the same retarded comment they were, suggesting she had to suck a dick to get DW to notice her, then, yeah...
So she had to suck dick to get into the UFC you say... Phone Post
12/20/12 1:17 AM
BravoPUA
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

into something that they didn't even know that they needed

awesome mindset, great way to sell a product (in this case herself) and great goal to set

VERY impressed
12/20/12 1:18 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he was hittin that.

12/20/12 1:31 AM
stonepony

BravoPUA - into something that they didn't even know that they needed

awesome mindset, great way to sell a product (in this case herself) and great goal to set

VERY impressed

Agreed. She's an intelligent girl. I believe her immediate family are all doctors and lawyers. etc. She talks like a Stockton girl, but, she's not stupid.
12/20/12 3:15 AM
stonepony

Doctor NPD - 
stonepony - 

VERY impressed

Agreed. She's an intelligent girl. I believe her immediate family are all doctors and lawyers. etc. She talks like a Stockton girl, but, she's not stupid.

She'll never go for a creepy neckbeard like yourself regardless of how hard you defend her on the UG, cousin.

She doesn't need anybody to defend her. Retards like yourself can rant and obsess, I doubt she cares. I don't care. Have fun with it Skippy.
12/20/12 3:16 AM
ChaosOverkill
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bow chica bow bow

12/20/12 7:35 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/20/12 7:35 AM
Tru - 

Lol, you have to be Ronda Rousey's biggest hater.

12/20/12 12:06 PM
MMA4Hugs
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 

How come every successful woman frames her success story as her overcoming sexism of some sort?

Dude, are you doubting that a woman walking into a pro MMA gym faces an uphill battle to earn her place? This forum, and your post, is proof enough that women need to struggle to be taken seriously. That IS sexism.

Apart from the gym bit, everything else could have been written by a 115 pound guy struggling to get his division on Dana White's radar.

If you're gonna hate, at least wait 'till you've got an actual case.

12/20/12 1:53 PM
Chromium
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 

How come every successful woman frames her success story as her overcoming sexism of some sort?

This macro is funny, but knowing what I do about Rousey, don't think she didn't overcome adversity. As smart and funny as her mother is, who is a judo world champion and a successful PR director and _extremely_ smart and witty, there was a time when she and her daughters were poor as fuck. Then Ronda's father got injured on the job, and to avoid crippling his family with hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical debt, killed himself so they could have a future (Universal Healthcare is only for nations full of pussies by the way). Believe me, judo don't pay the bills, whether you're a World Champion or an Olympic Bronze medalist and even after she medaled in Beijing, Rousey still worked three jobs right up until she got a contract from Strikeforce.

Both Ronda and her mother Maria Ann DeMars are self-made and no stranger to adversity. What's more, both are incredibly talented and Ronda knows exactly what the fuck she is doing when she talks shit and say what you will but remember that even when people are saying stupid shit about her on a message board about how she's a fraud, or stupid, or a slut (which I don't get the sense of at all), or mean, you're still talking about her. She's every bit a marketer's dream, and I'm in awe of her on that level.
12/20/12 2:02 PM
chaplinshouse
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

getting a bit cocky

12/20/12 2:07 PM
chew22
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honda followed the Chael P success model.
12/20/12 2:12 PM
John Nic

UNTIL SHE FIGJTS A MAN I AIN'T INTERESTED!! Phone Post
12/20/12 2:58 PM
BRZ

YouCantHandleMyRiddum -
Tru - 

Well he is Cyborg's biggest fan so... Phone Post
12/20/12 5:56 PM
California

WTF?

A woman who smiles and kisses her superior's ass in the workplace or classroom?

You know, I've never seen something like that before....

12/20/12 6:17 PM
pwdrblu

Edited: 12/20/12 6:18 PM
Not braggin, but I was pretty sure of this plan all along. ... (sniff,sniff)
12/20/12 6:24 PM
CindyO

stonepony - 

VERY impressed

Had to vote up both of you brilliant men. I think its funny how far under peoples skin this girl has gotten=)

Cindy

12/20/12 6:25 PM
CindyO

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 
Tru - 

Is he? Why?

Cindy

12/20/12 6:56 PM
judom
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC is fast approaching WWE and I have started losing interest over the last few years. There is simply too much marketing and too much Sonnen-isms and not enough substance.

Rousey is yet another CP clone. Just not very interesting.

As far as RR's and her mom's medals:

- RR's mom won a world medal in a super shallow division in Judo. She is also not a professor at USC as it says in the article.

- The depth in women's divisions in Judo vs. men is really a joke. Its not even in the same universe when it comes to difficulty.

- I don't understand the comment "proving stuff to men"...I find it pretty funny because nobody cares if she trains or not. So I have no idea what is there to prove.

Its pretty sad that fighters like Fedor, Nog, Hendo, Cro-Cop are either retired or are fading now and what is left is lots of marketing.

The UFC in the last 1-2 years is quickly going the WWE way...after all..that is natural. Remember that WWE came from catch wrestling long time ago which was initially a real competition.

I think once you go down that route...you can guess the next step in terms of "legit" competition :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.