UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> purple belt version of the kumite dec. 29

12/28/12 7:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
elburrogrande
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weigh ins just took place and the brackets are set. Also there is a chance to win two shoyoroll gis! Details in the want vs need facebook page.
12/28/12 7:57 PM
StrictScrutiny
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Although I don't think that the competitors in this event are the best purple belts in the world (nor is it fair to call this the purple belt version of Master Lloyd's Brown Belt Kumite), it's great for the sport to have tournaments like this.

So who are you guys picking to win it all? I'm going with Michael Liera Jr.
12/28/12 9:24 PM
elburrogrande
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/28/12 9:39 PM
Liera is a good choice but he has a tough opponent in windson. The winner fights the winner of edwin and wayne.
12/28/12 9:25 PM
Nocturnal

Here's to finding out if they are streaming it! elburrogrande are you eastside?
12/28/12 9:30 PM
StrictScrutiny

Burro...if you had to pick someone other than yourself to win this, who would it be?
12/28/12 9:47 PM
elburrogrande

StrictScrutiny - Burro...if you had to pick someone other than yourself to win this, who would it be?

I would have said liera or jacob but jacob is fighting me. @nocturnal... I'm jose and they won't be streaming but videos will be up on youtube asap
12/28/12 10:47 PM
StrictScrutiny

elburrogrande - 
StrictScrutiny - Burro...if you had to pick someone other than yourself to win this, who would it be?

I would have said liera or jacob but jacob is fighting me. @nocturnal... I'm jose and they won't be streaming but videos will be up on youtube asap

Interesting pick of Jacob. Isn't he kinda small? I would say that Liera, you, and Najmi are the only ones that win consistently at the world tournaments, so you guys would have to be the three favorites in this tournament.

It also would have been nice if Nick Schultz and Denilson from Atos were in this tournament.
12/29/12 12:31 AM
elburrogrande

StrictScrutiny - 
elburrogrande - 

Interesting pick of Jacob. Isn't he kinda small? I would say that Liera, you, and Najmi are the only ones that win consistently at the world tournaments, so you guys would have to be the three favorites in this tournament.

It also would have been nice if Nick Schultz and Denilson from Atos were in this tournament.

Jacob is not that small. We both won the worlds last year but he did it at feather and I did it at rooster. I have a lot of respect for him.
12/29/12 12:38 AM
dokomoy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacob is kind of short, but he's strong as heck(and his hands are ginormous)
12/29/12 3:37 AM
StrictScrutiny

Burro...thanks for your responses & good luck at the tournament!
12/29/12 1:38 PM
DavidLangsBlackBelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So far first round..... Liera Jr by bow and arrow, Edwin by triangle, and Jacob by bow and arrow Phone Post
12/29/12 1:40 PM
DavidLangsBlackBelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Props to elburrogrande for putting it on the line and competing in this thing. Still a beast. Phone Post
12/29/12 2:17 PM
DavidLangsBlackBelt

Edwin vs Ashford round 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSZDnUki7wE&feature=youtube_gdata_player Phone Post
12/29/12 2:18 PM
flee76
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely props to elburrogrande, was pulling for you. Phone Post
12/29/12 2:18 PM
flee76
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edwin's match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSZDnUki7wE Phone Post
12/29/12 2:35 PM
DavidLangsBlackBelt

Edwin vs Liera jr going on now.....want to see this one Phone Post
12/29/12 2:57 PM
DavidLangsBlackBelt

Liera jr by inverted triangle. Wow.... Phone Post
12/29/12 3:11 PM
StrictScrutiny

Liera is sick!!!
12/29/12 3:38 PM
HoldYerGround
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the idea of these invite only tournaments a lot, but can we please get someone to name them properly?

BJJ Kumite?

Jiu Jitsu Battle?

WTF is this unimaginative faggotry?
12/29/12 3:38 PM
DavidLangsBlackBelt

Jacob just won his 2nd match to meet Liera jr in the finals. Should be good! Phone Post
12/29/12 4:02 PM
DavidLangsBlackBelt

Liera jr wins it. Submits jacob after a 30 minute match. Jesus he is a beast Phone Post
12/30/12 7:51 PM
elburrogrande

DavidLangsBlackBelt -  Props to elburrogrande for putting it on the line and competing in this thing. Still a beast. Phone Post

Thanks! loved the event. the atmosphere and energy was insane!
12/30/12 9:09 PM
shark fin bar

Will there be any video of this? Phone Post
12/30/12 11:51 PM
elburrogrande

shark fin bar -  Will there be any video of this? Phone Post

yes the videos are coming. Here is a link to the facebook album of the event.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.140225386132419.30517.111314929023465&type=1
12/31/12 4:17 PM
StrictScrutiny

Thanks for all your posts about this event, Burro. Care to share your thoughts about the tournament?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.