UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> What's making me peepee so much in the morning?

12/20/12 2:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DeuceDroppin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Something in my morning shake. I'm guessing the caffeine or sugar, but want to see what you guys think:

2 cups almond milk
1 scoop protein powder
1 cup oatmeal
Instant espresso

I also chug quite a bit of water in the morning.

....and that's it!

I piss about every 20-30 minutes up until lunch, then it finally slows down. It can be damn near crippling!

After Xmas I'm going to take out the caffeine for a few days...then take out the "sugars" for a few days..and try to figure it out. Any thoughts in the mean time? Phone Post
12/20/12 11:23 PM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

My bladder is also way over active in the morning. I don't get it. Phone Post
12/20/12 11:25 PM
imkeithhernandez
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not that I'm 100% ..but I also piss a ton in AM and drink a solid amount of Almond Milk in am...perhaps that is it Phone Post
12/21/12 4:38 AM
NeoSpartan
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its the caffeine

or the chlamydia
12/21/12 6:44 PM
6mildollarman
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caffeine. It's a diuretic, which increases rate of urination. Be sure to consume enough water to prevent dehydration. The catch 22 is the more water you drink, the more you pee. Phone Post
12/23/12 7:33 AM
WidespreadPanic

In the last 3 years I started having to get up about 2-3x in the middle of the night.

It's weird. IDK why. I'm actually drinking less coffee.

12/23/12 12:00 PM
turducken

WidespreadPanic - 

In the last 3 years I started having to get up about 2-3x in the middle of the night.

It's weird. IDK why. I'm actually drinking less coffee.

your prostate is probably the size of a grapefruit
12/23/12 2:13 PM
WidespreadPanic

Edited: 12/23/12 2:15 PM

I have zero prostate problems, have had PSA run recently and it's at the low end of normal. Prostate exam was normal. I don't have problems passing urine, just more frequent - which, if anything, might point to borderline diabetes, but had a glucose test and was 99 fasting which is normal.

12/23/12 6:55 PM
DeuceDroppin

WidespreadPanic -

I have zero prostate problems, have had PSA run recently and it's at the low end of normal. Prostate exam was normal. I don't have problems passing urine, just more frequent - which, if anything, might point to borderline diabetes, but had a glucose test and was 99 fasting which is normal.

I was having that problem for awhile as well. Not as bad lately at night. Have you had an increase in your activity level? I notice that when I'm training more it speeds up my whole system and I piss more at night. Phone Post
12/24/12 8:48 AM
WidespreadPanic

Hmm, yes. It was the worst in 2010, I had moved to another city, added 3 days to my bike riding, 3 days a week to my doing the elliptical at the gym, 2 days of swimming laps, and about 15" of easy escrima stick work in the morning.

Lest people think I'm training more days per week than there are hours:

1. Mon - AM - 10-15" light stick work with headphones on

Mon - late afternoon - 30 minutes of very easy bike riding on the flats.

Mon - early PM - 30 min of doing the elliptical machine, burning 300 - 400 calories.

2. Tues Rest, play pool, walk.

3. Wed Repeat Mon + swim 8 laps easy crawl

4. Thurs Repeat Mon + swim 8 laps easy

5. Fri Repeat Mon + walk for 40 min

6. Sat Repeat Mon + swim 8 laps easy crawl

7. Sun - only elliptical and hot tub + swim 8 laps easy crawl

My goal is not to miss any workouts, to maintain my waist at 32-34", maintain my weight at 195 to 200lbs, not get injured. I'm pleased to see there are more and more people who are retired who have a pretty active lifestyle.

(As an example of my fitness, I can swim 50 yards (2 laps) underwater without taking more than the initial breath. I use flippers, but just my legs. Forty years ago when I was a pool lifeguard, I could do only 1/2 lap more than this (2.5 laps), using arms and legs (breast stroke). Total time under water 55-58 seconds.)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.