UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> ZMA...?

12/21/12 1:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Juice Box
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone try Zma ? Notice any benefits anything . I just ordered a bottle and want to know what to completely expect . Phone Post
12/21/12 3:06 AM
3 strikes
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've tried it... it helped in getting a deeper sleep, very vivid dreams though for some reason.

I think it is pretty cheap now, but i used to make my own.

One dose:

Zinc Monomethinine Aspartate 20 - 30mg
Magnesium Aspartate 350 - 450mg
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) 7 - 11mg

Now i take valerian extract for my sleep disorder, it's just as good but without the vivid dreams.
12/21/12 9:54 AM
turducken

i also like zma a lot for the same reasons: deep sleep, vivid dreams.
12/21/12 12:17 PM
vermonter
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's mainly the magnesium that improves sleep. You will get a similar effect from taking a cheaper magnesium supplement. I love Calm, as it tastes good, and has been the most effective of all for me.
12/21/12 7:11 PM
Taku
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unfortunately I have struggled with serious sleep issues for many years now. I have tried ZMA and did not notice anything. But that's just me. Others I know say similar things as those above (deeper sleep, vivid dreams, etc).

I have tried a bunch of products and am currenly having the best results from an inexpensive OTC sleep aid. I'll post more later (ca't find the packaging at the moment).

TAKU

12/22/12 12:12 PM
torquemada
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. I use magnesium and melatonin. Better than rx drugs for me. Phone Post
12/23/12 7:35 AM
WidespreadPanic

Edited: 12/23/12 7:37 AM

I take liquid Mg supplements - maybe I need to up the dose?

I'll have to try this:

Zinc Monomethinine Aspartate 20 - 30mg (spelling - monomethionine for you googlers)
Magnesium Aspartate 350 - 450mg
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) 7 - 11mg

Voted up, "3 strikes".

12/23/12 1:24 PM
Badmonkey
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When i'm not taking a multi-vitamin/mineral but take the mentioned stack before bed it works as 3 strikes mentioned...

The last few months i've been keeping up with my multi, but found that 600mg of chelated magnesium an hour before bed helps me sleep as well as the ZMA stack, and still gives me some wacky dreams...
12/23/12 3:06 PM
frumpy
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I tried it once. Had a dream my pillow turned into a snake and tried to eat me. Didn't get the restful sleep that night some people claim.
12/25/12 1:16 AM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taku -

Unfortunately I have struggled with serious sleep issues for many years now. I have tried ZMA and did not notice anything. But that's just me. Others I know say similar things as those above (deeper sleep, vivid dreams, etc).

I have tried a bunch of products and am currenly having the best results from an inexpensive OTC sleep aid. I'll post more later (ca't find the packaging at the moment).

TAKU

Taku,

Have you tried topical magnesium oil? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.