UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Youth MMA Teen Girls

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/21/12 1:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
spartancs
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

13/14 yr old Girls competing in an Amateur MMA bout under FILA Pankration rules. No strikes above the collarbone allowed.
12/21/12 2:17 AM
B_Goetz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool.
12/21/12 2:30 AM
SuperMann
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tough young ladies. Phone Post
12/21/12 10:47 AM
B_Goetz

I thought that one girl was going to get the stoppage with those knees to the body against the fence.
12/21/12 10:50 AM
Frobenius
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, did not expect that from a couple teenage girls, they beat the shit out of eachother.
12/21/12 10:57 AM
MMALOGIC

Ronda's successor.

12/21/12 11:31 AM
spartancs
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of MMA fans aren't aware of what's going on with FILA Pankration and MMA.  FILA ( the same organization that is responsible for managing Olympic wrestling ) also governs what they call "Non Olympic Associated Styles"  Pankration and Full Amateur MMA fall into those categories.  For kids, the FILA rules do not allow strikes above the collarbone which opens the door for the small glove and no headgear trade off so the submission grappliing isn't so compromised like it would be with bigger gloves and headgear.

Over 10yrs ago the USFL ( fightleague.org ) started running FILA style events in California with Pankration "B" Rules for ages 5 through adult ( There are adult teams from military bases ).  With 10 yrs of regular competiion there are a lot of kids out there now in the western states that are tough, composed and highly skilled respectful competitors.  Opportunities for competition extend to legitimate world championship events in Europe run by FILA.

Some UFC fighters cut their teeth in the USFL league.  ( Joe Stevenson, James Wilks....)  Some of the kids in the pipeline are scary.

12/21/12 12:22 PM
spartancs

B_Goetz - I thought that one girl was going to get the stoppage with those knees to the body against the fence.

There were a couple of very hard clean shots that landed there but Caitlin is a very tough girl.  There's a nice pic of the two girls with their arms over each other shoulders after the fight with big smiles on their faces.

12/21/12 1:24 PM
Dmclat
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
12/21/12 4:54 PM
spartancs

The same league is now having beginner tournaments.  The 1st one will be in Riverside CA on January 12th

12/22/12 6:57 PM
spartancs

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=442140499187118&set=o.248892765156649&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

After the bout.

12/23/12 12:04 AM
GenericAmerican
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Impressive. A generation of girls starting this young could really change the face of women's MMA in 5 years or so.
12/23/12 12:48 AM
spartancs

GenericAmerican - Impressive. A generation of girls starting this young could really change the face of women's MMA in 5 years or so.

One of the same girls in 2008 competing in the boys division.

12/23/12 2:18 AM
Dr_Perci

For later Phone Post
12/24/12 11:32 PM
jfrank
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great match with many more to come!
12/24/12 11:48 PM
A_Butler
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was awesome! Some very solid technical jiu jitsu in there. The knee slide pass in the first round was perfect. Very cool! Phone Post
12/25/12 12:34 PM
Utah get me two

I'm just going to say this, and let your responses be what they'll be:

I don't think anyone, male or female, should be competing in MMA, under ANY ruleset, at the age of 13. I know the Pankration ruleset, and still disapprove. These young fighters' bodies are still developing, and there's so many ways to get injured in fashion that will portend future injuries and disabilities.

I LOVE youth BJJ and Judo. Love middle-school wrestling. I'm not a fan of youth boxing, but there is a focus on safety with different gloves and headgear. Youth MMA is, IMO, dangerous for the long-term health of the competitors. I will/would not permit my children to partake.
12/25/12 12:47 PM
D241
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clothing not revealing enough for my liking  :(

12/25/12 12:56 PM
1nto_the_ether

really didnt enjoy this.
12/25/12 2:28 PM
6ULDV8
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Utah get me two - I'm just going to say this, and let your responses be what they'll be:

I don't think anyone, male or female, should be competing in MMA, under ANY ruleset, at the age of 13. I know the Pankration ruleset, and still disapprove. These young fighters' bodies are still developing, and there's so many ways to get injured in fashion that will portend future injuries and disabilities.

I LOVE youth BJJ and Judo. Love middle-school wrestling. I'm not a fan of youth boxing, but there is a focus on safety with different gloves and headgear. Youth MMA is, IMO, dangerous for the long-term health of the competitors. I will/would not permit my children to partake.

Totally agree dude.  

Training's great and so are tourneys for your discipline, but I really disagree with kids in Ammy MMA bouts, male or female.

12/26/12 1:55 AM
spartancs

Edited: 12/26/12 2:25 AM
Utah get me two - I'm just going to say this, and let your responses be what they'll be:

I'll say respectfully that I don't think you've really thought your position through.  Cheerleading is the #1 cause of catastrophic  injury for young girls.  Your can't compare the injury risk of a pankration match like the one in this video with a 90lb girl taking a bad fall from 10ft in the air.  If you are familier with the FILA pankration ruleset then you know that it's no different than submission grappliing with striking to the body.  You say your not a fan of boxing.  Is that because of the strikes to the head or to the body?  FILA Pankration does not allow strikes to above the collarbone.  I hear the "young bodies" thing alot when it comes to amateur MMA but strangely rarely about sports like Soccer and Gymnastics which are harder on kids bodies.

I'm interested why you would think things like BJJ, Judo and Wrestling are ok but somehow FILA Pankration exposes kids to unique long-term health issues.  What issues?

12/26/12 2:08 AM
spartancs

D241 - 

Clothing not revealing enough for my liking  :(

12 & 13 yr old girls pedo.  :(

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.