UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Top 3 Wrestling Shows You've Seen Live

12/21/12 9:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mattloveslamp
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/21/12 9:43 PM

What are the top three wrestling shows you've seen live and why? WHO YA GOT?!

1. WrestleMania XX in New York City - Obvious reasons but mainly getting to see Benoit and Guerrero as World Champions standing in the ring to close the show.

2. Raw 2003 in Halifax, Nova Scotia - The night Stone Cold became the General Manager, him and Goldberg threw a beer bash and after the show went off the air Goldberg gave Eric Bischoff a jackhammer, slipped on the mat from the beer and dropped him on his head breaking his collar bone. #retribution

3. WWE House Show 2010 in Victoria, British Columbia - The house show was the drizzling shits...was a matinee show that lasted 1h45m with no intermission and 15 minutes of Finlay and Hornswoggle dancing with some kid. What made this great was after the show me and my ex girlfriend were outside the arena watching the wrestlers leave, when the entire "Chris Jericho beats the shit out of 5 fans and a woman in the middle of traffic in broad daylight" incident took place. I was literally 5 feet away from the whole thing, even got interviewed by the RCMP about it two weeks later because of the charges that were laid, it was insane!

By the way, WWE has a really good legal/PR team because the story they spun was totally not the same as what really happened. Peace!
12/21/12 9:56 PM
bigironmike79
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wcw starcade 91. Battlebowl. Terrible concept for your biggest ppv of the year. But it was still sweet. Mom took me when I was 8. Awesome seeing sting and Rick rude an especially the Z man.

Tribute to the troops 2012. My 4 ur olds first show. He's a huge fan now. Im not a huge fan if the current product but it was cool to see the lil one mark out all night.

Wcw nitro. Dx invaded which was totally unexpected and awesome. Billy gunn called us gay. Good times. Phone Post
12/21/12 10:44 PM
UGCTT_OBEY
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wm 24
Wm 28
Survivor Series 07 (I caught hhh's water bottle that night lol) Phone Post
12/21/12 10:45 PM
RKing85
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

considering i have only been to 5 wrestling shows in my whole life, it's easy to rank them. lol. Not many quality shows to attend in Saskatchewan.

1. Evolve 11 in Toronto

2. WWF house show in Regina in 97 (the day Princess Diana died)

3. WWF house show in Saskatoon in 2011
12/21/12 10:54 PM
Wee Bey Jr
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Raw 1000 is really the only cool one I've ever been too. Went to a few raw/smackdown shows when I was younger. But not too many Phone Post
12/21/12 10:55 PM
tristar
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1997 Survivor Series in Montreal - Bret Hart screw job

Wrestlemania 18 in Toronto - Hogan vs Rock. Not to sound cheesy, but the energy in the arena was insane for that match.

3rd one. I guess the Raw in Ottawa the night after Survivor Series screw job. Maybe not though. Phone Post
12/22/12 12:17 AM
batman32314
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bash at the beach 96(hogan heel turn)
Other than that just a few house shows Phone Post
12/22/12 12:43 AM
grizz632
696 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. ROH Supercard of Honor (3/31/06, Chicago) - The Dragon Gate 6-man tag is the greatest match I've ever seen live. I rewatch it every few months and it's still as fantastic as ever. The Danielson vs Strong main event was phenomenal also, and would have gotten match of the year discussion if it weren't for the Dragon Gate guys killing it earlier in the show

2. All Japan "Pro Wrestling Love in Ryogoku" (3/14/09, Tokyo Sumo Hall) - It was a fun card, especially the fantastic Jr Heavyweight Championship match between Minoru and Kaz Hayashi, but the real headline is that I got to see The Great Muta vs Yoshihiro Takayama for the Triple Crown LIVE in Tokyo. Purogasm...

3. Dragon Gate "Gate of Anniversary" (3/22/09, Tokyo Sumo Hall) - I've been a fan of Dragon Gate since the Toryumon Japan days, circa 2000-2001 when Crazy Max and M2K were tearing it up, so to be able to see a full Dragon Gate show in Japan was really special. Not to mention that it was their first ever match at Sumo Hall, and the card was really good, including CIMA winning the Brave Gate from Masato Yoshino and Naruki Doi defending the Dream Gate against New Japan legend Koji Kanemoto. While I waited in line for tickets the morning of the show, I met a guy in line from New Zealand who was traveling in Japan alone, same as I was. First native English speaker I met over there. We bought our seats together and got to talk puro and watch a fantastic show. It was a blast
12/22/12 4:24 AM
Rick50
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sumerslam where Austin broke his neck

Ecw living dangerously - Taz and Bam Bam go tru the ring.

Ecw house show right after Barely legal. They did mostly all rematches from the ppv. Taz vs Sabu main event Phone Post
12/22/12 7:09 AM
wooderson76
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tennessee Mountain Wrestling @ Holston Middle School December 1995

The Wild Eyed Southern Boy himself, Tracy Smothers gave me a high five.

/thread Phone Post
12/22/12 8:56 AM
MyUnclesCreepy
923 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mattloveslamp - What are the top three wrestling shows you've seen live and why? WHO YA GOT?!

1. WrestleMania XX in New York City - Obvious reasons but mainly getting to see Benoit and Guerrero as World Champions standing in the ring to close the show.

2. Raw 2003 in Halifax, Nova Scotia - The night Stone Cold became the General Manager, him and Goldberg threw a beer bash and after the show went off the air Goldberg gave Eric Bischoff a jackhammer, slipped on the mat from the beer and dropped him on his head breaking his collar bone. #retribution

3. WWE House Show 2010 in Victoria, British Columbia - The house show was the drizzling shits...was a matinee show that lasted 1h45m with no intermission and 15 minutes of Finlay and Hornswoggle dancing with some kid. What made this great was after the show me and my ex girlfriend were outside the arena watching the wrestlers leave, when the entire "Chris Jericho beats the shit out of 5 fans and a woman in the middle of traffic in broad daylight" incident took place. I was literally 5 feet away from the whole thing, even got interviewed by the RCMP about it two weeks later because of the charges that were laid, it was insane!

By the way, WWE has a really good legal/PR team because the story they spun was totally not the same as what really happened. Peace!
So what really happened with Jericho????? Phone Post
12/22/12 9:17 AM
MMAhaiku
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Summerslam 97 where Owen jammed Austin's neck.

Various ECW shows at the bingo hall.

The best was my first: pre-xmas shopping trip to Philly with the folks. We get to the mall, mom gets out, dad tells me to wait and busts out tickets to a house show at the Spectrum. Undertaker beat Razor by DQ. Phone Post
12/22/12 9:55 AM
A.C. Slater's Mullet
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wrestlemania 3

Wrestlemania 6

Wrestlemania 8
12/22/12 10:50 AM
Winky is Wright
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1) RAW 1000 - It wasn't the best wrestling.. but the buzz was amazing. I think everybody in that arena had chills after the opening video package. The only negative would have to be all the Austin teases. 

2) ROH Black vs. Steen- I'll have to have Grizz help me out on the name of the show (slipping my mind) but it was one of Black's last PPV's and these two tore the house down. Tyler Black is Seth Rollins (Shield) for those of you who haven't seen ROH. 

3) Royal Rumble 2012- Once again.. not the best wrestling (you can make that claim the cage match was awful!) but the buzz in general was amazing. Me and my buddies spent that day playing the Royal Rumble drinking game to past rumbles leading into the PPV so it was a great day all around. 

Honorable mentions

Survivor Series 2012- The card wasn't the best.. but some of the matches took me by surprise! The wrestling was on another level than Raw 1000/Royal Rumble. It would easily be in my top 3 if it weren't for 1000/RR's atmospheres. Indy only packed in 8,000 for SS and the whole top was tarped off. 

Smackdown 2003- This is when their roster was loaded! Smackdown had Lesnar, (heel) McMahon, (heel) Angle (face), Undertaker, Show, Cena when he was getting really over, Eddie, Benoit, Rey, Dragon and many more. 

12/22/12 11:04 AM
Bobcats On Booze
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wrestlemania 17-started off slow but the TLC match was incredible.

Badd Blood-pretty shitty ppv until hell in the cell

Raw house show before WM17-some chick dressed as lita showed her tits in the crowd, they were excellent. Phone Post
12/22/12 3:29 PM
ArtMinaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mania 18 Toronto- Hogan vs. The Rock was the craziest card that I have been a part of.  Toronto is beautiful.

Royal Rumble 2009-Royal Rumble is my favorite event of them all and this was my first live one.

Saturday Night Main Event 1987?  First live event.  Was a huge Hogan mark and that was a great event.  Battle Royal Main Event.

12/22/12 3:39 PM
grizz632
696 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winky is Wright -

1) RAW 1000 - It wasn't the best wrestling.. but the buzz was amazing. I think everybody in that arena had chills after the opening video package. The only negative would have to be all the Austin teases. 

2) ROH Black vs. Steen- I'll have to have Grizz help me out on the name of the show (slipping my mind) but it was one of Black's last PPV's and these two tore the house down. Tyler Black is Seth Rollins (Shield) for those of you who haven't seen ROH. 

3) Royal Rumble 2012- Once again.. not the best wrestling (you can make that claim the cage match was awful!) but the buzz in general was amazing. Me and my buddies spent that day playing the Royal Rumble drinking game to past rumbles leading into the PPV so it was a great day all around. 

Honorable mentions

Survivor Series 2012- The card wasn't the best.. but some of the matches took me by surprise! The wrestling was on another level than Raw 1000/Royal Rumble. It would easily be in my top 3 if it weren't for 1000/RR's atmospheres. Indy only packed in 8,000 for SS and the whole top was tarped off. 

Smackdown 2003- This is when their roster was loaded! Smackdown had Lesnar, (heel) McMahon, (heel) Angle (face), Undertaker, Show, Cena when he was getting really over, Eddie, Benoit, Rey, Dragon and many more. 

The ROH show was "Salvation". That one was in Chicago Ridge, I was there too, great show.

I wonder how many times we strolled past each other at Chicago area shows and never knew it... Phone Post
12/22/12 3:45 PM
ArtMinaj

Winky and grizz in the same arena would be epic!
12/22/12 3:52 PM
grizz632

And just a short drive from Michigan. It could be the epicenter of PWF greatness
12/22/12 5:02 PM
ArtMinaj

Messed up. I have never even been to Chicago.  When I was at WMU, I was three hours away and still didn't go. 

Have you eaten at the Weber joint?

12/22/12 5:44 PM
Winky is Wright
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When was the last time they were at the Ridge? I feel bad because I haven't been following them like I should.

Last show I was at was their debut on Television Phone Post
12/22/12 5:58 PM
grizz632

Ironically, I think that's the last show I was at also. I missed a few shows after "Richards vs Daniels", then went back for the TV debut, then haven't been back around. The last show I remember being held at the Frontier Fieldhouse was the doubleheader with Chikara, "Unity", which I was pissed I missed out on. They're back fora doubleheader March 2nd and 3rd, which I'll probably head down for
12/23/12 2:05 AM
Samsonite1084
347 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wrestlemania X8 - rock/hogan = radical tubular. Awesome energy

WCW mayhem 99 - Bret Hart beating Chros Benoit for the title.

WCW Monday nitro - The one where Bret Hart was wearing the leafs jersey and got speared by Goldberg only to get up, remove the jersey and reveal a metal plate. Also, I believe seeing screaming Norman Smiley getting tossed around in hockey pads in a hardcore match was epic too. I loved that gimmick Phone Post
12/23/12 11:09 AM
Roryfappedonmyface
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Back in 91 I went to this house show at the IMA arena in flint, mi. All the top eighties stars were there except for hogan. Warrior, Andre, demolition and everyone else. Badass shit.

Vengence at the joe Louis arena when the rock won the title in a three way against Kurt angle and the undertaker. Phone Post
12/23/12 12:10 PM
TheBearStare
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly don't remember much of any of the wwf shows I've been too. I remember being at wm12 as a kid and not caring for it even. Best memory I can think of is going to wrestle reunion in Los Angeles cause great muta and Justin liger were wrestling. During the liger match there was a moment of quiet in the audience. I stood up and shouted "LIGER" all dramatically like the japanese audience does. he immediately pointed directly at me and then did one of his poses. Totally made my day.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.