UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Rousey could coach TUF

12/21/12 10:13 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Ronda Rousey is game to be coach on The Ultimate Fighter.

"I'd love going on TUF," said UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey. "It would be very interesting, whether we would coach guys or girls. It would be really good for people to see a woman in the position of coaching the men and the men respecting the women. That would be very positive.

"If it was all women, I think it would be hilarious if Dana had to deal with the girls having ‘girl issues.' You know, if someone was like ‘I can't fight, I have cramps!' and see him lose his mind. He would lose his mind if he had to deal with girl stuff, I don't doubt that some issues would come up. So just for my own personal amusement, I think it would be really funny. But I also think all guys would be really fun, extremely positive. I'm open to anything."

UFC President Dana White is not exactly game, but he is warming to the idea.

"It could happen," said White. "If there's two people who would probably coach, you kick it around, this could happen, that could happen. If they did, it could be her and Miesha. You know, we'll see. Timing has a lot do with it."

Read entire article...

12/21/12 10:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nickgjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lmfao Phone Post
12/21/12 10:20 PM
scaredy cat
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see a Rousey/Tate all-female TUF. I reckon each of them should have two or three fights against other fighters to get them established in the UFC. Then get them on TUF with a title fight at the end of it. It'd be more exciting than the last season of TUF. Phone Post
12/21/12 10:20 PM
ender852
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana, please do an all girls season of TUF, regardless of who the coaches are.

signed anyone who has watched let me bang bro.

12/21/12 10:21 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She must give an awesome bj Phone Post
12/21/12 10:26 PM
Diaz50-43Failure
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice Phone Post
12/21/12 10:27 PM
Neil Funk

I'm all for women fighting in the UFC but goddamn it man, let her win one fucking fight in the Octagon first before all of this nonsense talk
12/21/12 10:29 PM
Prikaza

Now this I have to see. Imagine Rousey working with guys... Guys would be lined up asking for 'advice'. "Hey coach, can you demonstrate that armbar again". "Hey coach, could you put me in a triangle? I'd like to work on my triangle escapes". And imagine Rousey 'teaching' some striking. Seriously, I don't want to bash her but what has she proven in order to be even concidered a coach? O who am I kidding? Nobody would even pay attention to her instructions. Everybody would be too busy staring at her ass. And rightfully so. Can't say I wouldn't do the same. Phone Post
12/21/12 10:33 PM
40oztofreedom
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just cancel the show already Phone Post
12/21/12 10:34 PM
sitchpack

Please dont, too early. Phone Post
12/21/12 10:36 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

This is what they did for BJ when he lost to GSP, created a division out of thin air. I can definitely see an all womens season of tuf just to create a division for her to dominate. Imagine the cat fights
12/21/12 10:39 PM
HandyDarsh
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just put her as a coach vs Tate I'd watch for various reasons Phone Post
12/21/12 10:41 PM
BooZe

Neil Funk - I'm all for women fighting in the UFC but goddamn it man, let her win one fucking fight in the Octagon first before all of this nonsense talk
This ,

I'm honestly getting sick of this shit already, maybe I've been sipping on hateraide Phone Post
12/21/12 10:42 PM
Dr MMA

This girl must suck a mean one, has a lot of control over Dana these days.
12/21/12 10:55 PM
Tubarao

DFW must be getting some good head... for all these opportunities he is giving out. Phone Post
12/21/12 11:06 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BooZe - 
Neil Funk - I'm all for women fighting in the UFC but goddamn it man, let her win one fucking fight in the Octagon first before all of this nonsense talk
This ,

I'm honestly getting sick of this shit already, maybe I've been sipping on hateraide Phone Post

12/21/12 11:33 PM
demonsurge
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I respect and enjoy WMMA, but please... too much and too fast...

But if done right, with a mixed group of women and men in the TUF house at the same time would be the sort of drama that TUF needs on TV.
12/21/12 11:40 PM
ChaosOverkill
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great another forum where she can hate something one mintue and do it the next.

12/21/12 11:41 PM
Reddvlboy

I think the concept could work but I think if you have two female coaches after only 1 fight in the UFC ppl are gonna call BS. Women already work with guy coaches in a daily basis... I think an all female cast with two headline caliber male coaches would be a good way to start. nothing against wmma but I think an all female cast and 2 inexperienced female coaches would fail. Phone Post
12/21/12 11:48 PM
ender852
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reddvlboy -  I think the concept could work but I think if you have two female coaches after only 1 fight in the UFC ppl are gonna call BS. Women already work with guy coaches in a daily basis... I think an all female cast with two headline caliber male coaches would be a good way to start. nothing against wmma but I think an all female cast and 2 inexperienced female coaches would fail. Phone Post

winner gets a title shot against Rousey

12/22/12 2:27 AM
Libero21
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The ufc needs to sign all of the top female talent and an actual division needs to made before they worry about Honda coaching TUF.. Phone Post
12/22/12 9:42 AM
epwar
638 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember when she did a guest spot on TUF a few seasons ago.  Everyone on here was saying, "OMG! IT IS GOING TO DO GREAT RATINGS BECAUSE OF ROUSEY!!!!" It ended up being the lowest rated episode of that entire season.

12/22/12 10:00 AM
MainelyBJJ
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just curious ...........is it not fighter bashing saying she gives good head and what not?  Seems like it should be.  Real disrespectful especially coming from dudes who probably havent achieved an 1/8 of what Rousey has or dont train at all.

What say you?

12/22/12 10:14 AM
Steve4192
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil Funk - I'm all for women fighting in the UFC but goddamn it man, let her win one fucking fight in the Octagon first before all of this nonsense talk

Mayhem coached on TUF without a single UFC win

12/22/12 10:14 AM
Ironhouse
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sick of all the blatant media attention grabs from this Diva, and Rousey is getting stale too.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.