UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ian McCall: Not happy with my career

12/21/12 10:24 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1075 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC flyweight Ian McCall appeared recently on MMAJunkie Radio, and discussed his fight Joseph Benavidez at UFC 156 on  Feb. 2 in Las Vegas' Mandalay Bay Events Center.

"I'm no longer happy with my career at this point," McCall admitted to MMAjunkie.com Radio. "I need a win. I came to the UFC claiming to be world champion. Now I'm 0-1-1, and I'm definitely not happy about it."

"I'm going to prove to the world that I'm not just a show-off. I can actually win."

"People keep saying, 'Oh, you're going to get a title shot after this.' I mean, think about. Honestly, neither of us deserve it. I think Demetrious beat both of us. I would say maybe this one, if I win it convincingly, and then fight whoever else after this. Then maybe.

"Honestly, I'll take a title shot at any point. I'm not going to turn that down. But I don't mind working for it. I'm not some guy that's just going to talk and talk and talk and say, 'I deserve this,' and 'I deserve that.' I deserve a fight. Once I win, we'll talk about what I deserve and what I should be doing."

"I think I'm going to win that word title back in 2013."

Read entire article...

12/21/12 10:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Diaz50-43Failure
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Creepy Phone Post
12/21/12 10:29 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still think that it's insane that the UFC put this fight together.  Either way after this fight one of their top 5 125'ers will be on a 2 fight losing streak.  I honestly was thinking both guys should have got tuneups, they've both been against only the top in the division since it opened.  Benevidez vs Elliot and Creepy vs Gaudinot is what I woud have set up

12/21/12 10:29 PM
Mufasatheking
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Id rather see Dodson beat MM and see Dodson/Mccall
12/21/12 10:30 PM
Neil Funk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

enough talk, get it done. I like the attitude though, I think he could do it. Dangerously close to winning that first one. Can he stay focused?
12/21/12 10:38 PM
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes
1079 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your day is coming bro, its inevitable you'll have the strap. Phone Post
12/21/12 10:45 PM
UGCTT_Song2
710 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Creeping it real Phone Post
12/21/12 10:45 PM
jasonhightower
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just another reason to love Creepy.  The perfect attitude to be a champion.  Pay your dues and earn your way.

12/21/12 10:53 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He never post anymore which kinda sucks.

12/21/12 11:15 PM
JBASS
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous - 

If it means he is keeping focused, training hard and not letting anything distract him before his fight then I think it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Personally, I don't get how some fighters can jump on the UG/Twitter with less than 24 hours until fight time. You'd think they would be trying to keep their mind 100% focused on what they need to do. I stay away from FB and social media when I am preparing for competition (albeit, fishing competition) to keep my mind focused on the task at hand.

WAR CREEPY!!!
12/21/12 11:18 PM
Poindexter
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a great fight to look forward to. No gimmes in this division for anyone. 

12/21/12 11:23 PM
UGCTT_Song2
710 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous -

He is on Facebook a bit, think one side of his tash got out of calibration, he gonna fix it and rejoin the herd Phone Post
12/22/12 12:06 AM
shorebreaker420
1026 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Creepy could always be a model Phone Post
12/22/12 12:11 AM
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes
1079 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous -

He was on here the other day, he's a UGer for life...he's never gone. Phone Post
12/22/12 12:17 AM
UGCTT_UncleCreepy
1226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.UncleCreepyMMA.com, UGCTT President
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes - 
Lahzerous -

He was on here the other day, he's a UGer for life...he's never gone. Phone Post

I'm on here too much.... hahaha
12/22/12 12:36 AM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_UncleCreepy - 
Lahzerous -

12/22/12 12:39 AM
jasonhightower
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_UncleCreepy - 
Lahzerous -

LOL... he's creepin'.

12/22/12 12:45 AM
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Creepy already beat Mighty Mouse once.

Stay motivated bro for your family and for your fans. Don't be unhappy with your career, it's been a pleasure watching you fight. You have all if the tools to be a champion, it's easy to see. I'm looking forward to seeing you get that belt. Phone Post
12/22/12 12:49 AM
jasonhightower

Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye -  Creepy already beat Mighty Mouse once.

Stay motivated bro for your family and for your fans. Don't be unhappy with your career, it's been a pleasure watching you fight. You have all if the tools to be a champion, it's easy to see. I'm looking forward to seeing you get that belt. Phone Post

This.  Without question.

12/22/12 12:56 AM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jasonhightower -
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye -  Creepy already beat Mighty Mouse once.

This.  Without question.

I agree, stay hungry. We're behind you waiting for the moment we all here " and new Flyweight champion of the world, Uncle Creepy!!!!!!" Phone Post
12/22/12 1:58 AM
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes

UGCTT_UncleCreepy -
Lahzerous -

Haha...as long as ur still traneing ufc bro!! Phone Post
12/22/12 4:21 AM
PrettyBoy
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a great attitude to have... You got to commend him for saying that. Phone Post
12/22/12 6:13 AM
UGCTT_Shope
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Song2 -
Lahzerous -

He is on Facebook a bit, think one side of his tash got out of calibration, he gonna fix it and rejoin the herd Phone Post
He's also on Instagram a bit. Phone Post
12/22/12 10:43 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2013 "The Year of the Creep"

I understand what your saying Uncle, but you should be proud of what you have achieved, your a Top 5 fighter in your weight class, your a very entertaining fighter and you have done what not many can do ( beat your drug addiction and changed life for the better) ... PLUS your the leader of an Internet gang... Lmao ... Not just any old Internet Tough Guy Gang, the creepiest bunch of good hearted creeps ever assembled! You will get the belt, we will have a BBQ and the UGCTT will continue to spread joy, happiness and Creepy Times everywhere we go!!

War Uncle

Hope you n the Fam have an epic Christmas... You might have some splainin to do to your little one when she realizes Santa is supposed to have a grey beard, not a black Pirate Stache!! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.