UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> New to weights

12/22/12 5:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stephen_Carnes
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Long story short, I have never really weight trained, but I joined a gym a couple weeks ago, and have been going when my work schedule allows. I am actually getting into it some. The only problem so far is that on the days I workout, and sometimes on the next day I am sore (which I expect) and tired. I know that everyone and their brother uses all different manner of shakes and stuff. All I want is some, preferably not expensive, recovery formula that will allow my muscles to repair and help prevent me from being so tired.

Thanks guys!
12/22/12 2:37 PM
andyman011
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen_Carnes - Long story short, I have never really weight trained, but I joined a gym a couple weeks ago, and have been going when my work schedule allows. I am actually getting into it some. The only problem so far is that on the days I workout, and sometimes on the next day I am sore (which I expect) and tired. I know that everyone and their brother uses all different manner of shakes and stuff. All I want is some, preferably not expensive, recovery formula that will allow my muscles to repair and help prevent me from being so tired.

Thanks guys!
It's normal to be sore especially when you start. Recovery is rest, stretching and protein. Phone Post
12/22/12 9:03 PM
Stephen_Carnes
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, thanks. Now about protein, does it really matter what kind I get. Or are you really just paying for a name after a certain amount?
12/22/12 11:11 PM
ruggerbouy
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/22/12 11:14 PM

The quick in dirty would by to eat good proteins (cottage cheese as mentioned before, egg whites, chicken, oatmeal) and pack it into your stomach. that's the most ball parked suggestion based on your new to working out and swore.

Now, as for real advice I would say educate yourself a list would look somthing like this.

1) ask yourself what reason are you working out, and what is your goal

2)Diet is one of the most neglected aspect of fitness, think about it this way if you go to the gym 3-4 times a week for an hour and a half that a max of 6 hours a week in the gym, there are 168 hours in a week that 162 hours of not excercising that your body is using to rest and replenish itself, that why it is so important to learn what to eat and when to eat it based on your goals (also, I forget the number but your body can only absorb so much protein in a single day, I've never used supplements or protein powder in my life, and have always managed to loose or gain weight when it was required based on diet alone ;), not knocking people who use supplements just saying thats why you should really do some research to see how powerful a proper diet can be)

3) once you've gotten into the learning curve, hit your routine as hard as you feel is safe, and enjoy the new bod lol

RB

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.