UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Someone build me a routine.

12/22/12 2:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
andyman011
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not guaranteeing ill do everything you write, but I'm looking for the best most efficient ways to build strength. I'm 5 ft 10 and 143lbs my goal is to end up around 155-160. Don't focus on diet, strictly what I should be doing in the gym Phone Post
12/22/12 4:58 PM
Leigh
842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Starting strength Phone Post
12/22/12 11:18 PM
ruggerbouy
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, going off what you gave and not mention diet (probably the most important aspect)

I'd just say stick to the main compound lifts

Squat, Deadlift, Bench press, Shoulder press.

do each one on a different day 3-4 sets of low reps and add a complimentary excercise to each one

i.e. Bench day : do dips, push-ups and incline dumbell press's

Also I'll say you should really look-up the 5/3/1 work-out its basically the exact same thing I mention except a lot more detail I would seriously suggest reading it

RB

12/23/12 10:09 AM
big_slacker
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you want strength but your goal is putting on size?
12/23/12 7:06 PM
kyle47129
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stronglifts or starting strength is the best option to put on strength fast. Phone Post
12/23/12 7:07 PM
andyman011
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_slacker - So you want strength but your goal is putting on size?
I know the do not correlate necessarily but they do in a way. My goal is to build muscle and the way to do that would be to eat and work out. I'm looking for the workout portion because my diet is doing ok Phone Post
12/23/12 7:52 PM
herwil10
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here you go: http://www.elitefts.com/ws4sb/ws4sb.pdf

You work up to 3-5 rep heavy sets to build strength, and then add in high rep assistance work for hypertrophy. Seems to be what you are after.
12/23/12 10:55 PM
HULC
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You do realise most of the top posters on here make their living by building routines for PAYING customers?
12/24/12 4:36 AM
Leigh
842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whilst singles, doubles and triples are great for strength, the 5 reps are good blend of heavy weight to build strength and higher reps for beginners to build form and technique and just get used to lifting heavy.

When I was powerlifting, my coach (we had 2 gold medallists at the worlds and a silver) said people are different but everyone responds to 4x4. 5x5 isn't a big jump and probably better for beginners Phone Post
12/24/12 5:03 PM
Wiggy
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/24/12 5:13 PM

"I'm not guaranteeing ill do everything you write"

Not to be an asshole here, but if you literally start out your post with saying you can't guarantee you won't even do the work somebody recommends, why should they do through the effort to recommend anything in the first place?

Not saying that you're (necessarily) saying this, but I've seen more than my fair share of posts like yours that were nothing more than a veiled attempt to get someone to tell them what they already wanted to hear and/or had in mind.

My advice?  Go do some damn reading before asking someone else here that has to cut you to the chase when you're flat out saying you might not even do it, anyway.

"Fuck Starting Strength. I love Bill Starr, but 5x5 is the most over rated protocol ever.

Plus, then you're joining the Riptards, the novice powerlifter version of crossfit."

Mind if I ask what you mean by the "novice powerlifter version of crossfit"?  And what version of 5x5 are you talking about?  There's a ton of them out there.  Hell, Starr had several different (albeit many were very similar) versions himself.  

"Assuming you have decent technique, Bryce Lanes 50/20 would be perfect for you. The right balance of hyper trophy and strength for you goals."

Bryce Lane's 50/20 is a phenomenal program, IMO.  Whatever happened to Bryce, anyway?  I dropped by his site a while back, but it didn't look like it had been updated in forever.  Does anyone still post at his forum?

Wiggy - http://www.workingclassfitness.com

12/25/12 9:48 AM
Wiggy
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh Ok - I see what you mean now. I thought you meant b/c of the fucked up, all over the place programming (or lack thereof).

I knew Rip has his hardcore fanboys, but honestly, I don't go over to his forum too much. I can get plenty of 9-month training noobs with expert opinions here. LOL :-P

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.