UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tito Ortiz questions Ronda Rousey's belt

12/22/12 2:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMAinterviews
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/22/12 9:46 PM
MMA Interviews, owner

Tito Ortiz questions Ronda Rousey's belt and feels Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos is the better fight. The full interview can only be seen at http://www.MMAinterviews.tv

12/22/12 2:46 PM
WestCoastMXC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Tito on this one makes no sense for her to drop to 135 just because Dana likes Ronda so much. Phone Post
12/22/12 2:51 PM
Clarence Parents
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WestCoastMXC -  I agree with Tito on this one makes no sense for her to drop to 135 just because Dana likes Ronda so much. Phone Post

Cyborg is obviously the bigger fight, but the UFC has one womens division and it's 135lb..

Would have been pretty strange for the first Womens 135lb championship fight to be a catch-weight.
12/22/12 3:45 PM
Daht
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure Invicta would be happy to sign Cyborg for the 145lb division. If she waits a few years and Rhonda does well maybe Dana will expand women's mma and add a 145lb weight class. Nobody is forcing cyborg to do anything. If Cyborg hadn't juiced up and been suspended she would also be a champion now and quite possibly in the UFC, where a champion vs champion catch weight fight makes sense. Rousey fighting at anything but 135lbs makes no sense as that is the only division in the UFC, and it's a brand new one they need to build.

Her not taking the fight with less than 2 full months notice is smart, but if she wants to fight Rousey at all, it's going to be at 135. Most likely she is dieting and working on the cut as we speak to set up the fight after Carmouche.
12/22/12 3:50 PM
clonditdry

Tito's fighter is a steroid CHEAT, Rhonda is not.

/thread
12/22/12 3:55 PM
HandyDarsh
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

didnt they create the 205 division specificly for tito?

12/22/12 4:08 PM
Ramsey

It's their call, she either cuts, or the UFC has no use for her.
12/22/12 4:19 PM
Ramsey

How do you put Cyborg in that if she doesn't drop?
12/22/12 4:35 PM
HandyDarsh
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kingfanpaul -
American Shaolin - Her belt is not legit at all. She has never fought in the UFC and even if she beats Carmouche its still not legit. There should be a 4 or even 8 girl tournament to crown a champion. Marloes Coennen, Cyborg and Sara McMann would all beat Rousey.
Oh stfu, I didn't see you bitching when Aldo was gifted a title without ever fighting in the UFC. Phone Post
I think people would have complained about it if aldo wasn't clearly #1.
There's still a massive debate whether Ronda or cyborg would win. Phone Post
12/22/12 4:36 PM
simonpe

Title should be:

"Tito questions Ronda's belt, and gets shut down immediately by the reporter"
12/22/12 4:39 PM
simonpe

HandyDarsh - 
Kingfanpaul -
American Shaolin - Her belt is not legit at all. She has never fought in the UFC and even if she beats Carmouche its still not legit. There should be a 4 or even 8 girl tournament to crown a champion. Marloes Coennen, Cyborg and Sara McMann would all beat Rousey.
Oh stfu, I didn't see you bitching when Aldo was gifted a title without ever fighting in the UFC. Phone Post

But Cyborg is not a 135 pounder so that doesn't matter...
12/22/12 4:40 PM
FOX Force Five
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HandyDarsh - 
Kingfanpaul -

It's a 135 Pound belt.
Cyborg claims she can't make 135 Pounds.
12/22/12 4:43 PM
simonpe

American Shaolin - 
Kingfanpaul - 

Shhh grown ups are talking. Go have your mom make you a sandwich bitch.

That's a very grown up comeback to a legit argument...
12/22/12 4:45 PM
HandyDarsh

FOX Force Five -
HandyDarsh - 
Kingfanpaul -

It's a 135 Pound belt.
I know but the women's division is thin as fuck, look at the men's division for example, 185 and 170 are stacked yet they want gsp vs silva.
Now the women have Ronda and cyborg and neither will lose or gain 5 lbs to catapult women's mma to the mainstream Phone Post
12/22/12 4:50 PM
FOX Force Five

Focus on one thing at a time.
First you say she doesn't deserve the 135 belt and you support that by wanting a catch weight fight?
12/22/12 4:51 PM
simonpe

HandyDarsh - 
FOX Force Five -
HandyDarsh - 
Kingfanpaul -

It's a 135 Pound belt.
I know but the women's division is thin as fuck, look at the men's division for example, 185 and 170 are stacked yet they want gsp vs silva.
Now the women have Ronda and cyborg and neither will lose or gain 5 lbs to catapult women's mma to the mainstream Phone Post

How does that effect how legit Ronda's belt is?
12/22/12 4:53 PM
simonpe

*affect
12/22/12 4:54 PM
HandyDarsh

FOX Force Five - Focus on one thing at a time.
First you say she doesn't deserve the 135 belt and you support that by wanting a catch weight fight?

i didt say she didnt deserve it, i was trying to pinpoint the differece between her and Aldo being automatic world champions.

12/22/12 4:57 PM
simonpe

HandyDarsh - 

i didt say she didnt deserve it, i was trying to pinpoint the differece between her and Aldo being automatic world champions.

Still makes no sense. When did Aldo fight a superfight? Or wtf are you saying?

Ronda haters are confused...
12/22/12 4:58 PM
FOX Force Five

HandyDarsh - 

So I assume you were concerned that Aldo may be beaten by some 155ers?

12/22/12 4:59 PM
Chris27

LOL the interviewer clowned Tito big time bringing up Aldo, tito had no answer.
12/22/12 5:00 PM
HandyDarsh

simonpe - 
HandyDarsh - 
FOX Force Five -
HandyDarsh - 
Kingfanpaul -

It's a 135 Pound belt.

How does that effect how legit Ronda's belt is?

it doesnt affect how legit her belt is, as much as it stops the biggest womens fight from ever happening.

cyborg will come to her senses eventually and cut the weight, but  until then there is no division for her.

if ronda is all about proving womens mma can sell like male mma fights then she will come to her senses eventually as well, whether its a catchweigh non title bout or not. Her vs Cyborg needs to happen if they want women to continue fighitng under the banner.  i dont see her vs Caramouche (sp?) or anyone else selling over and over as main events, this may be a little early since it hasnt happened yet, but no one seems overjoyed by the anouncement.

12/22/12 5:02 PM
Chris27

Do people realize how stupid it is to have a catchweight fight with Ronda/Cyborg?

If Cyborg wins then what? You have no 145 div for her so you are gonna bring her in for one fight?

That makes 0 business sense. If Cyborg wants the fight she has to make the weight, a catchweight fight makes no sense.
12/22/12 5:02 PM
HandyDarsh

FOX Force Five - 
HandyDarsh - 

there was no need for aldo to fight 155ers when he came over, he has a few potential opponents lined up.

for example, when aldo was named champion, he wasnt the only 145er signed.

and same with the lightweight division, its most likely the deepest divison. cant say the same YET about female mma in the UFC

12/22/12 5:07 PM
simonpe

HandyDarsh - 
FOX Force Five - 
HandyDarsh - 

there was no need for aldo to fight 155ers when he came over, he has a few potential opponents lined up.

for example, when aldo was named champion, he wasnt the only 145er signed.

and same with the lightweight division, its most likely the deepest divison. cant say the same YET about female mma in the UFC

There are lots of girls for Ronda to fight in 135. UFC will sign them all, relax.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.