UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tito Ortiz questions Ronda Rousey's belt

12/22/12 6:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Daht
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty much. Rhonda did as much as anyone can in what exists in the women's division to earn the title. Even with all of Aldo's wins pre-ufc, only a couple were noteworthy because of the lack of coverage of that division.

More important than Rousey vs Cyborg is that the UFC give coverage to anyone besides Rousey vs anyone besides Cyborg. If the only women's fight we see outside facebook prelims are Rousey defenses (similar to what strikeforce was doing), the division won't survive long term.

I'm far more interested in seeing where and when UFC puts it's first non-title women's fight right now, than how Cyborg is trying to cut weight.
12/22/12 6:16 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason -  Oh my mother f n god! everyone on the planet knows cyborg made her career being on roids. ( yeah no one can prove it besides the one test, but we all know)

How in the fuck anyone thinks some 145 lb that hasn't beaten a single person at 135 deserves a shot at belt? It can be argued she hadn't beaten anyone in years without the help of peds, so how in the fuck anyone thinks Ronda should move up to fight at 145 is ridiculous. So take cybrog completely out of the equation and it makes perfect sense for Rhonda to just come over as champ like Aldo. Phone Post

This

Actually from reading that post it looks like this thread is a GSP vs Silva arguments with codenames

12/22/12 6:17 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kingfanpaul - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - lol people actually care about the womens title? I enjoy watching them fight but the title means absolutely nothing
Yes, as crazy as it sounds there are actually people here on mma.tv who are fans of any MMA, whether it is men or women. Phone Post

You can be a fan of womans mma and still know the title means nothing. Just enjoy the fights, the belt has no significance right now.
12/22/12 6:18 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

womens^
12/22/12 6:20 PM
Authority Figure

So they train together and he's helping manage her. So, it makes sense that Tito would come to Cyborg's resecue.

12/22/12 6:30 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^I think he is saying TIto would be biased since he manages and trains with her

12/22/12 6:34 PM
LFTM
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All I've taken from this thread is that Ronda should fight Aldo at a catchweight....

Or something like that.

Also Ronda might be a cyborg. Phone Post
12/22/12 6:42 PM
Jason
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin
Yeah Despite my comments, I have no problems whatsoever with what Tito said. He is her manager and should be doing whatever he can to get her that title shot, whether she deserves it or not. Phone Post
12/22/12 6:44 PM
armbarheelhook
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

personally, i would have liked to just see a UFC Womens Champ. no weight classes like when the UFC first started out.

There are very few legit elite level female MMA fighters out there imo. And not all are in 135lbs class. Rousey, Tate, Megumi Fuji, Cyborg, Kauffman, Carmouche, Coenen, Sexton, Aguilar, etc. not all are elite, but are somewhat well known.

Have an open weight tourney and Let Em Bang Bro!

But alas, this will never happen because the AC won't allow it. :( Phone Post
12/22/12 7:07 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio

Kingfanpaul - 
Kingfanpaul -
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio -

^I think he is saying TIto would be biased since he manages and trains with her

lol.....your sarcasm detector I'd not working right. Phone Post
is* Phone Post

I thought you were disagreeing with him on the bias remarks, I picked up on that immediatley good sir

12/22/12 7:09 PM
CindyO

MMAinterviews - 

Tito Ortiz questions Ronda Rousey's belt and feels Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos is the better fight. The full interview can only be seen at http://www.MMAinterviews.tv

Didn't watch the video yet but did he mention his thoughts about Aldo's title (since he questions Ronda's)?

Cindy

12/22/12 7:12 PM
cross3dout
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

clonditdry - Tito's fighter is a steroid CHEAT, Rhonda is not.

/thread
^ Phone Post
12/22/12 7:13 PM
stevekt
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Cyborg can have a title shot whenever she wants. All she has to do is agree to make 135.
12/22/12 7:51 PM
GeneraI
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

American Shaolin -
Kingfanpaul - 
American Shaolin - Her belt is not legit at all. She has never fought in the UFC and even if she beats Carmouche its still not legit. There should be a 4 or even 8 girl tournament to crown a champion. Marloes Coennen, Cyborg and Sara McMann would all beat Rousey.
Oh stfu, I didn't see you bitching when Aldo was gifted a title without ever fighting in the UFC. Phone Post

Shhh grown ups are talking. Go have your mom make you a sandwich bitch.
Nice douche comeback. Phone Post
12/22/12 7:59 PM
simonpe

ItBurnsWheniOG - 
simonpe -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
simonpe -
HandyDarsh - 
FOX Force Five - Focus on one thing at a time.
First you say she doesn't deserve the 135 belt and you support that by wanting a catch weight fight?

i didt say she didnt deserve it, i was trying to pinpoint the differece between her and Aldo being automatic world champions.

Still makes no sense. When did Aldo fight a superfight? Or wtf are you saying?

Ronda haters are confused...
Aldo was a P4P monster who wrecked the WEC before he came to the UFC... Also he had more the 6 fights Phone Post

Are you saying Ronda isn't a "P4P monster who wrecked" Strikeforce?

And even if she wasn't, is that what it takes to be a legit champion?
By wrecked you mean beat two legit fighters in Tate and Sarah? Or you mean the fact she was gifted a title fight with 0 wins at 135? Phone Post

By wrecked i mean she destroyed every fighter Strikeforce put in front of her in the first round. What more can a fighter do?

She won that title fight did she not?
12/22/12 8:00 PM
simonpe

CindyO - 
MMAinterviews - 

Tito Ortiz questions Ronda Rousey's belt and feels Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos is the better fight. The full interview can only be seen at http://www.MMAinterviews.tv

Didn't watch the video yet but did he mention his thoughts about Aldo's title (since he questions Ronda's)?

Cindy

The reporter brings that up. Watch the video, you wont be disappointed...
12/22/12 8:14 PM
ItBurnsWheniOG
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason - Oh my mother f n god! everyone on the planet knows cyborg made her career being on roids. ( yeah no one can prove it besides the one test, but we all know)

How in the fuck anyone thinks some 145 lb that hasn't beaten a single person at 135 deserves a shot at belt? It can be argued she hadn't beaten anyone in years without the help of peds, so how in the fuck anyone thinks Ronda should move up to fight at 145 is ridiculous. So take cybrog completely out of the equation and it makes perfect sense for Rhonda to just come over as champ like Aldo. Phone Post
You mean how Ronda beat no one at 135 was fighting at 145 and got a title shot at 135? Phone Post
12/22/12 8:18 PM
HandyDarsh
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ItBurnsWheniOG -
Jason - Oh my mother f n god! everyone on the planet knows cyborg made her career being on roids. ( yeah no one can prove it besides the one test, but we all know)

You mean how Ronda beat no one at 135 was fighting at 145 and got a title shot at 135? Phone Post
I didn't know that... Phone Post
12/22/12 8:23 PM
simonpe

Edited: 12/22/12 8:30 PM
Obviously you can get a title shot at a smaller weight class by proving yourself at a higher weight class.

It's the other way around that is be weird (Chael).
12/22/12 8:27 PM
kinson

Daht - I'm sure Invicta would be happy to sign Cyborg for the 145lb division. If she waits a few years and Rhonda does well maybe Dana will expand women's mma and add a 145lb weight class. Nobody is forcing cyborg to do anything. If Cyborg hadn't juiced up and been suspended she would also be a champion now and quite possibly in the UFC, where a champion vs champion catch weight fight makes sense. Rousey fighting at anything but 135lbs makes no sense as that is the only division in the UFC, and it's a brand new one they need to build.

Her not taking the fight with less than 2 full months notice is smart, but if she wants to fight Rousey at all, it's going to be at 135. Most likely she is dieting and working on the cut as we speak to set up the fight after Carmouche.
Well said. Phone Post
12/22/12 10:49 PM
stonepony

Hah... Yeah, Tito is right. It's not fair to expect a giant roid monster to stop cheating and drop a couple pounds.

Ronda has a lot more right to that title than Cyborg. Ronda already beat the top competition, without cheating, and Cyborg's record is just a big asterisk. Cyborg doesn't deserve a title shot, after being stripped and suspended. Let her prove she can win one fight without cheating first.
12/22/12 10:51 PM
stonepony

simonpe - Obviously you can get a title shot at a smaller weight class by proving yourself at a higher weight class.

It's the other way around that is be weird (Chael).

Don't try to cloud the issue with facts and logic buddy. You're supposed to just bitch and say stupid shit and make stupid excuses for the roid monster hiding behind the syringe.
12/23/12 3:31 AM
Farewell Brock
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HandyDarsh -
Kingfanpaul -
American Shaolin - Her belt is not legit at all. She has never fought in the UFC and even if she beats Carmouche its still not legit. There should be a 4 or even 8 girl tournament to crown a champion. Marloes Coennen, Cyborg and Sara McMann would all beat Rousey.
Oh stfu, I didn't see you bitching when Aldo was gifted a title without ever fighting in the UFC. Phone Post
I think people would have complained about it if aldo wasn't clearly #1.
There's still a massive debate whether Ronda or cyborg would win. Phone Post
How is there debate? Cyborg wont cut to 35 and ronda fights at 35. To me that means ronda is the queen of the 135 div. If cyborg EVER decides to go to 35 then there should be debate on the fight or even the legitimacy od rondas belt. Phone Post
12/23/12 3:51 AM
ChaosOverkill
522 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

simonpe - 
American Shaolin - 
Kingfanpaul - 

Shhh grown ups are talking. Go have your mom make you a sandwich bitch.

That's a very grown up comeback to a legit argument...

This, so you have no reasonable response to a valid question? Just bad deflecting?

12/23/12 4:49 AM
Hawxby

HandyDarsh -
FOX Force Five -
HandyDarsh - 
Kingfanpaul -
I think people would have complained about it if aldo wasn't clearly #1.
There's still a massive debate whether Ronda or cyborg would win. Phone Post

It's a 135 Pound belt.
Cyborg claims she can't make 135 Pounds.
I know but the women's division is thin as fuck, look at the men's division for example, 185 and 170 are stacked yet they want gsp vs silva.
Now the women have Ronda and cyborg and neither will lose or gain 5 lbs to catapult women's mma to the mainstream Phone Post
How can it possibly get ANY MORE mainstream!? First fight in women's division is a headliner over two former champions! Wtf? It's two different weight classes who cares how thin it is. It just got started. Give it time to grow. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.