UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Who is Best Kickboxing coach on the EAST COAST?

12/22/12 3:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DATC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am looking to host a great KB coach! Therefore, who is the best KB, Thai boxing coach on the east coast?

Gerry DiSanto
http://datc.tv/contact
12/23/12 8:31 PM
SC MMA MD
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark Dellagrotte would have to be amongst the best Phone Post
12/25/12 6:21 PM
Rick Screeton
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason Strout - Church street boxing

Chris Romulo - CROM martial training

Aaron"The Ghost" Fisher - Kings Thai Boxing

Sean Hinds - C3 and Musin MMA

The Guys at North Jersey Muay Thai produce great fighters

Mark Delagrotte - Sityodong

Rigel Balsamico - cool hearts muay thai

to name a few...

12/25/12 7:52 PM
770mdm
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kru Phil Nurse: The Wat Phone Post
12/25/12 7:55 PM
770mdm
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eric Haycraft: Real Fighters Gym; Louisville Kentucky Phone Post
12/25/12 8:04 PM
Rick Screeton
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

770mdm -  Eric Haycraft: Real Fighters Gym; Louisville Kentucky Phone Post

this too

12/26/12 9:04 AM
Khun Kao
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kaensak Sor Pleonjit, I forget the name of his gym off the top of my head.
12/26/12 9:05 AM
Khun Kao
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Strotmeyer - Pittsburgh Muay Thai (not quite "East Coast", IMO)
1/5/13 11:43 PM
Roland

Cosmo Alexandre is in Boca Raton, Florida.
1/13/13 10:02 AM
Ned Ryerson
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aziz Nabih- Sitan Gym Phone Post
1/14/13 10:56 AM
FRANKI2154
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Robare- Mejiro Gym USA in Orlando,Fl.
1/17/13 10:03 AM
In Limbo
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rick Screeton - 

Jason Strout - Church street boxing

Chris Romulo - CROM martial training

Aaron"The Ghost" Fisher - Kings Thai Boxing

Sean Hinds - C3 and Musin MMA

The Guys at North Jersey Muay Thai produce great fighters

Mark Delagrotte - Sityodong

Rigel Balsamico - cool hearts muay thai

to name a few...

North Jersey Muay Thai!

all those dude you mentioned are great also

1/17/13 1:44 PM
nakmuay26
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This kind of thread seems to quickly fall back on people either naming their own coaches or just shotgun blasting out a list of names from all over the place. It might be better worth the time to step up and say something decent about another coach you haven't trained or worked with directly. Here are a couple:

Brooks Miller has been in the game a long while, in many capacities, and definitely knows his stuff. Not sure where he is at these days. Would be cool to see him have his own camp.

Eric Haycraft puts out sharp, technical fighters again and again. His fighters are always composed, in good shape, fight hard, and real classy.

Steven Strotmeyer has put out guys fighting locally, nationally, and overseas. Doesn't seem like there is much of a hype machine behind his gym, but his fighters fight really well.

Slightly off topic: What every happened to Team Megalodon? Some years back they were fighting everywhere and collecting W's. Are they still around?
1/18/13 1:55 PM
LeftBench
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Master K is considered one of the best I believe, no? He's in NJ

Also Kaensak Sor Ploenjit teaches out of AMA in Whippany
1/30/13 12:41 PM
lkfmdc
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the reason you get long lists is because there are tons of good coaches these days, it isn't like the 1990's when there were only 3 gyms in NYC for example... but asking "best" always makes it a hype and popularity contest
1/30/13 12:41 PM
lkfmdc
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the reason you get long lists is because there are tons of good coaches these days, it isn't like the 1990's when there were only 3 gyms in NYC for example... but asking "best" always makes it a hype and popularity contest
1/30/13 3:28 PM
nakmuay26

lkfmdc - the reason you get long lists is because there are tons of good coaches these days, it isn't like the 1990's when there were only 3 gyms in NYC for example... but asking "best" always makes it a hype and popularity contest

I see what you're saying.

I was trying to get at something that moved away from the idea behind these "best" lists. Whatever the issue is, it always messes up what could really involve some decent debate and recommendations by folks out there.

Instead of a list of tons of good coaches, it would be cool to hear a single thought about one of them.
1/30/13 3:52 PM
lkfmdc

If someone asks about training, I ask the, what do you want?

Do you want the Thai like in Thailand? Do you care for Thai language, wai kru, etc???

French and Holland Thai are distinct sub set and have great technique, though different approaches. And a lot of the Europen coaches couldn't care less for "culture"

There are gyms that do Muay Thai AND MMA and have a synthetic approach. Then there are gyms that are strictly Muay Thai, and even dislike MMA

I could list like 150 coaches I know, each has something different abut them
2/4/13 4:05 PM
Vesic

770mdm -  Eric Haycraft: Real Fighters Gym; Louisville Kentucky Phone Post

I've been training in one form of combat sport or another most of my life and for the last 3 years I've been training with Eric @ Real Fighters. I can without a doubt say he is one of the better coaches of any discipline I have seen/been involved with.

Very few real Dutch Muay Thai trainers in the U.S.A. - this man is one of them.
2/10/13 1:27 PM
vengence
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

phil nurse

neal rowe

eric haycraft

Neal and Eric are two midwest pillars in their own right.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.