UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miller: I want to beat him as dominantly as I can

12/22/12 6:23 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

I haven't been satisfied with a fight for coming up on two years now and it's really been eating at me. I want to get in there and do everything I'm capable of."

It just so happens that the fight Miller likely was most recently satisfied with, in his mind, was a "Submission of the Night" victory over Charles Oliveira two years ago. His win over Guillard in January also brought him a submission bonus, but it's not a fight he was satisfied with.

And that may come as a surprise, given that he stopped Guillard in just a little more than two minutes.

"The Guillard fight, I was happy I won and happy I finished him," he said. "But it wasn't a dominant two-minute fight. He landed a shot, and that's not what I want. I want to go in and make somebody look bad. I want to beat him up and be dominant from bell to bell. I try to be my own biggest critic and really push myself."

Lauzon has three wins in his past four fights. He submitted Guillard, as well. And he also double-dipped with bonus checks for both best submission and best fight with his third-round win over Jamie Varner at UFC on FOX 4 in August. He has a staggering 11 fight-night bonuses on his resume.

But Miller isn't out looking for a bonus. He's not even out looking for a mere win. As he said, he wants it to be dominant. If it's not, sure, he'll take a win. But anything short of dominance will keep him at the drawing board, trying to get back to the point where he has one more crack at getting to the title shot that has eluded him in the UFC, but has gone the way of Henderson, Diaz and Maynard.

"That's the plan: Beat him as dominantly as I can, take another big one and put somebody else away," he said.

read entire article...

12/22/12 6:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who's joe Lauzon?

I only know a joe louzon. Phone Post
12/22/12 10:48 PM
Haulport
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight is gonna be extremely hard for Joe...

12/24/12 11:11 AM
nastarovya
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Billytk - 
The Cats Masher -  "That's the plan: Beat him as dominantly as I can, take another big one and put somebody else away,"

...not trying to be a prick but, isn't that kinda always the plan?

:| Phone Post

I was thinking the exact same thing isn't that EVERY fighters plan in Every fight

nah, not everyone goes out there to dominate. some guys go out there just wanting to survive. some go out there looking to win points

but this is jims answer to the question for every fight... so i agree. he should've just stayed silent when they asked him this. what a prick for answering

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.