UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The Reem kicks teammates out of gym

12/22/12 7:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gossip
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I may get flamed for reporting gossip, but I heard this straight from a guy who was at the Blackzillian gym when it went down. Apparently there has been some tension between the Reem and the Brazillian fighters at the gym who are friends with Bigfoot ever since the match up was announced, mainly due to the Reem's paranoia. Reem insisted on having curtains put up so that his training sessions with his entourage were hidden from others on the team in fear that they may be spying for his opponent.

The tension/paranoia continued to rise and finally the Reem came to the gym and told a group of Bigfoot's "friends" (Jorge Santiago, Gesias Cavalcante, Danillo Villifort, and Luis "Buscape" Firmino) that they simply were not allowed in the gym while he was there training. This did not go over well, but the money guy behind the team sided with the Reem, probably because he invested a ton of money in getting him to the team.

Douche move by the Reem considering the guys he pushed out were part of the group that founded the team and made it possible for him to get the large sum of money he got to go there in the first place. Also a dick tuck by the money guy calling the shots to allow some of the core guys to get pushed around
12/22/12 7:42 PM
the ridler
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So what else is going on?
12/22/12 7:44 PM
Hemlock
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a business decision, not a personal one.

And on a finite timeline - really the "friends" need to suck it up and acknowledge that it is not a social club but a place to business.
12/22/12 7:45 PM
ABE FROMAN

Before we start calling people 'douche' you're gonna need more than 'reporting gossip'.

12/22/12 7:46 PM
DevinS
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't blame Overeem at all. I wouldn't my opponent's old buddies there either.
12/22/12 7:49 PM
Rear Naked Chode
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DevinS - I don't blame Overeem at all. I wouldn't my opponent's old buddies there either.

If true, pretty much.
12/22/12 7:50 PM
clown makeup

Absurd to think that it is normal for friends of the opponent to casual hang around and observe his training regime. Maybe Nate Diaz can go to Tristar for the next few months, you know, to brush up on his French.

12/22/12 7:51 PM
the ridler
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What does Caio terra think about this?
12/22/12 7:52 PM
Tom O'BJPenn=Legend
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The thing with the Blackzilians though is that they ARE a big family. That loyalty was part of their sales pitch. Phone Post
12/22/12 8:00 PM
Authority Figure

12/22/12 8:02 PM
Authority Figure

Them's the breaks. Reem brings in money and clout. Besides, even the most honorable person would have trouble not commenting on something to Bigfoot.

12/22/12 8:13 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Even if true not a douche move. It's the logical move. Phone Post
12/22/12 8:13 PM
MMAologist
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IF true, Reem is in the right. Dana said it the other day and I agree; MMA needs to go back to building a camp around 1 guy. It should be his gym when in camp. Not that the gym should only have one star, but there should be a hierarchy and rank system. Reem's fight is their next biggest fight? Then block out private sessions for him and his personalized training. Do the same for the others as well, but as the head coach, these are the things you handle and talk to your team about. Phone Post
12/22/12 8:17 PM
yellow wrkahlc

Such bullshit, if true.

I don't care how much money a guy gave you, loyalty fucking matters. Bullshit to kick them out just because Overeem is paranoid.

12/22/12 8:19 PM
yellow wrkahlc

Tom O'BJPenn=Legend -  The thing with the Blackzilians though is that they ARE a big family. That loyalty was part of their sales pitch. Phone Post

Bingo.

I get the business logic behind this, but above all else, family/loyalty matters.

12/22/12 8:32 PM
jujubre
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reem is right. I garantee you some of these dude phone daily to bigfoot to speak. Phone Post
12/22/12 8:39 PM
BooZe

I don't blame him, it was a business move. I know I wouldn't feel comfortable gameplan training while my opponents buddies are in the same gym. Call it paranoia if you want, its simply logic... Phone Post
12/22/12 8:39 PM
StringerBell

fat referee - 

From what i hear, blackzillians is a joke of a camp anyway

Ok I'll bite.

How so?
12/22/12 9:01 PM
hockey fighter
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No source?

Hmmmmmmmmmm Phone Post
12/22/12 9:17 PM
DatSpider
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Untill I see an actual source, I will call this horseshit(pun intended)
12/22/12 9:17 PM
Rabid Bunyip
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The money guy behind the team"

Sounds legit Phone Post
12/22/12 9:28 PM
Sergio88
502 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why did Bigfoot even leave the Blackzilllians to go back to ATT? Phone Post
12/22/12 9:35 PM
Trick or Truth
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I can understand them being unhappy, but I can also understand the REEM's mindset, who would want to be training to fight a specific fighter when you know his friends are in the gym watching you? Still want legit source first though.

12/22/12 9:45 PM
Hikikomori
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PAGING RYAN LOCO!!! lol
12/22/12 9:50 PM
Ryan Loco
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loco Enterprises, Inc, Capitan de Awesome
Dang, that sounds crazy.

Welp, Merry Christmas guys.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.