UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Big Unit at work reckons he can take out Frankie

12/22/12 8:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Naheb
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big unit at work was telling me after a few drinks that he would beat Frankie in an MMA fight unless the fight went past 2 rounds.

Big unit is 6'8 approx about 264 pounds mainly muscle. He is a bit slow paced but I have not seen him fight.

The unit has had some BJJ training although years ago and I think only early belts. Some kick boxing and boxing. Had a few amateur fights and did well. Years ago though.

I laughed and said Frankie would destroy him but the debate is on going.

What say the UG? Phone Post
12/22/12 8:02 PM
the geek
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You talking about this Big Unit?

12/22/12 8:15 PM
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FatLoser - in a real fight yes
in mma no frankie would just wear him out.

I would choose Frankie in both scenarios. Pretty sure a former world champ has the speed to sneak in two hard shots in a street fight that will put "Big Unit" out.

12/22/12 8:22 PM
ABE FROMAN

I wouldn't be friends with a guy who's dick I have to introduce first.

12/22/12 8:23 PM
Smith1234
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People still have a TMA mindset when it comes to this stuff. Guy should be able to literally kill Frankie. 

12/22/12 8:24 PM
yellow wrkahlc

FatLoser - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

I would choose Frankie in both scenarios. Pretty sure a former world champ has the speed to sneak in two hard shots in a street fight that will put "Big Unit" out.

In a real fight Frankie would have to KO or cripple the guy
a guy 6'8" 264lbs, that's a Tall order if you'll pardon the pun.

Frankie isn't exactly one punch KO kinda guy and if said guy were to slam frankie down which he could with ease the force of 264 lbs slamming is enough to crush a man like frankie. let alone if he lands body shots.

MMA is as real as it gets but it's still not real.

Yeah, but Frankie tranes, bro.

Caleb R
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would bet 10000 dollars on Frankie Phone Post
the geek
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

I guess we can't be friends then :(
12/22/12 8:25 PM
California

Frankie all the way.

I'm over 6'5" and I used to be a monster when I was younger. Even in my prime, there is no doubt in my mind that Frankie would beat me up.

You cannot compare random big dudes to real pro MMA fighters.

12/22/12 8:32 PM
yellow wrkahlc

FatLoser - 
yellow wrkahlc - 
FatLoser - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

Frankie isn't exactly one punch KO kinda guy and if said guy were to slam frankie down which he could with ease the force of 264 lbs slamming is enough to crush a man like frankie. let alone if he lands body shots.

Brock Lesnar beat Randy Couture

no one with any sense would argue it was skill...

size matters, it matters in mma it matters in a real fight and it matters in the trousers.

this guy could throw frankie around like a chew toy. frankie against joe average then of course frankie wins.

You underestimate Frankie's potential to bang, bro.

12/22/12 8:32 PM
YorkshireManDem
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FatLoser -
yellow wrkahlc - 
FatLoser - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

size matters, it matters in mma it matters in a real fight and it matters in the trousers.

this guy could throw frankie around like a chew toy. frankie against joe average then of course frankie wins.
Because I'm sure this is the same scenario. You do know Brock isn't just some guy Paul Heyman found ripping trees out of the ground in Minnisota or some shit don't you? Someone not on a phone and busy educate this guy please. Phone Post
12/22/12 8:39 PM
California

FatLoser should be BuffLoser with all that 'roid rage built up inside.

12/22/12 8:43 PM
California

it's all good and pass the ruffles.

12/22/12 8:44 PM
ABE FROMAN

the geek - 
ABE FROMAN - 

I guess we can't be friends then :(

As long as you introduce me as 'ABE FROMAN' I am happy to introduce you as 'The Geek'.

My peoples would expect nothing less from me.

12/22/12 8:44 PM
maantren
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big, in-shape guys with some training are extremely tough to handle. If you're talking street/bar fight in a crowded environment, Frankie would have a lot of trouble IMO.

Any UFC-level fighter at welterweight and up, though, IMO would be fine. Frankie's just a very small guy.
12/22/12 8:45 PM
gusto

in a real fight with clothing, big dude can probably hockey fight frankie into a living death
12/22/12 8:45 PM
California

feast your eyes:

http://www.fritolay.com/assets/images/blue/ruffles-max-loaded-bacon-cheddar-potato-skins.gif

12/22/12 8:46 PM
YorkshireManDem
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FatLoser -
YorkshireManDem - 
FatLoser -
yellow wrkahlc - 
FatLoser - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

Because I'm sure this is the same scenario. You do know Brock isn't just some guy Paul Heyman found ripping trees out of the ground in Minnisota or some shit don't you? Someone not on a phone and busy educate this guy please. Phone Post

shut it ya yorkshire bastard..

did I say it was the same situation? no
are you a retarded yorkshire bastard? yes

i was using that example to illustrate that size matters even in a situation where both men are fighters and the size difference is less than described above.

now go back to shagging your mum or whatever you do
Ok, I'll bite. Firstly, don't maim my language like that, apparently you're a grown man, not a 13 year old girl. So that's that.

Secondly, you're example is poor. Brock Lesnar was a HIGH level collegiate wrestler who is literally an athletic freak who was training day in day out to fight. Whether or not you specifically stated that this was a mirror situation you did use it as an example, thus why I said something in reply to that you thick cunt. 'Big Unit' may be able to take out 98% of people in the street, and may also have some training, but Frankie Edgar is an elite level fighter who, again, trains daily to be better at fighting. Not doing curls to get girls.

I'm not saying that BU couldn't land a good punch and flash KO him, but I would be happy to put anything on Frankie winning 99.99999999999% of the time. Now go away and stop being rude you fucking moron. Phone Post
12/22/12 8:46 PM
yellow wrkahlc

FatLoser - 
California - it's all good and pass the ruffles.

what are ruffles?

http://www.fritolay.com/assets/images/blue/ruffles-original.gif

12/22/12 8:47 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unit by whatever he wants. Phone Post
12/22/12 8:54 PM
yellow wrkahlc

You gais need to stup fiteing.

12/22/12 8:55 PM
yellow wrkahlc

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
Caleb R - I would bet 10000 dollars on Frankie Phone Post
I'd bet my mothers house on frankie Phone Post

I'd bet your mother on frankie Phone Post

12/22/12 8:59 PM
HexRei

FatLoser - 
YorkshireManDem - 
FatLoser -
YorkshireManDem - 
FatLoser -
yellow wrkahlc - 
FatLoser - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

i was using that example to illustrate that size matters even in a situation where both men are fighters and the size difference is less than described above.

Ok, I'll bite. Firstly, don't maim my language like that, apparently you're a grown man, not a 13 year old girl. So that's that.

Secondly, you're example is poor. Brock Lesnar was a HIGH level collegiate wrestler who is literally an athletic freak who was training day in day out to fight. Whether or not you specifically stated that this was a mirror situation you did use it as an example, thus why I said something in reply to that you thick cunt. 'Big Unit' may be able to take out 98% of people in the street, and may also have some training, but Frankie Edgar is an elite level fighter who, again, trains daily to be better at fighting. Not doing curls to get girls.

I'm not saying that BU couldn't land a good punch and flash KO him, but I would be happy to put anything on Frankie winning 99.99999999999% of the time. Now go away and stop being rude you fucking moron. Phone Post

Randy Couture Olympic alternate, had trained mma for 11 years at that point developed boxing skills, bjj skills, and fully moulded his wrestling to mma.

it was Brocks 4th fight he had high level collegiate wrestling but hadn't adapted it to mma hence the mir submission. had a basic grasp of striking.

do you see? there is a disparity in their skills.... do you see that...

however the bigger man won despite Randy controlling the first the bigger man won with a 60lbs weight advantage.

the point being that we see weight being advantageous in mma and it would be in a real fight.

There was also a fifteen year age difference...
12/22/12 9:03 PM
ramaham

Polar bear vs king of the "smaller" streets? Phone Post
12/22/12 9:13 PM
Naheb
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei -
FatLoser - 
YorkshireManDem - 
FatLoser -
YorkshireManDem - 
FatLoser -
yellow wrkahlc - 
FatLoser - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

Randy Couture Olympic alternate, had trained mma for 11 years at that point developed boxing skills, bjj skills, and fully moulded his wrestling to mma.

it was Brocks 4th fight he had high level collegiate wrestling but hadn't adapted it to mma hence the mir submission. had a basic grasp of striking.

do you see? there is a disparity in their skills.... do you see that...

however the bigger man won despite Randy controlling the first the bigger man won with a 60lbs weight advantage.

the point being that we see weight being advantageous in mma and it would be in a real fight.

There was also a fifteen year age difference...
Wait a sec. Fedor had beaten multiple guys bigger than him.

Your point is mute Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.