UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP responds to Seagal: "I am a martial artist"

12/22/12 8:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source: St. Pierre responds to Steven Seagal: "I am a martial artist."

Why does anybody even acknowledge anything Seagal says? I'm still having a hard time understanding why Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida give this guy any sort of credit for their performances inside the Octagon....
12/22/12 8:48 PM
HandyDarsh
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Segal be trollin hard Phone Post
12/22/12 8:49 PM
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would say it is only a matter of time until someone beats Seagal up, but I am sure there is no doubt that Seagal has a lawyer in his 'entourage' that would in turn create such a huge lawsuit for whoever did it that it is best to just let the guy spew his bullshit and ignore him.
12/22/12 9:02 PM
Grimreapers

303 - I would say it is only a matter of time until someone beats Seagal up, but I am sure there is no doubt that Seagal has a lawyer in his 'entourage' that would in turn create such a huge lawsuit for whoever did it that it is best to just let the guy spew his bullshit and ignore him.

IDK if anyone want's to mess with the creator of the front kick....

12/22/12 9:10 PM
DatSpider
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/22/12 9:11 PM
Lol successful troll is successful.

Van damme - Seagal should headline the next ppv ( After sensei is done with randy behind doors with no cameras, of course).
12/22/12 9:17 PM
ChaosOverkill
522 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wife beating prick blowhard is pricky

Lazer MMA

Edited: 12/22/12 9:17 PM
Source is error, he said GSP was "not a great MA". He did not say GSP was not a MA.

In any case I disagree with him on GSP.
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 95% sure that Seagal payed Machida and Silva to be in their corners Phone Post
12/22/12 9:21 PM
Lazer MMA

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  I'm 95% sure that Seagal payed Machida and Silva to be in their corners Phone Post

Um, you realize if serious that it's an attack on Machida and AS correct? They would not let some chump be in there corner nor would they fake tap to one either IMO.

They have credited him repeatedly, I do not claim to know more than them.
12/22/12 9:22 PM
Soup and Beer
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva and Machida have kind of a man crush on Segal viewing him as an action star, instead of a has been B movie actor.  He taught them nothing.  They used kicks and techniques they already knew and played it up like the big action star helped them.  They are somewhat trolling, but also star struck.

12/22/12 9:24 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  I'm 95% sure that Seagal payed Machida and Silva to be in their corners Phone Post

Um, you realize if serious that it's an attack on Machida and AS correct? They would not let some chump be in there corner nor would they fake tap to one either IMO.

How the heck is that an attack on them? They are just about my 2 favorite fighters. I'm mostly joking, but seriously even if Seagal was paying them so what? Not a big deal. Phone Post
12/22/12 9:26 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ responding to what SuckAll has to say.
12/22/12 9:29 PM
rbl
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I was a big time UFC fighter Phone Post
12/22/12 9:30 PM
Lazer MMA

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Lazer MMA -

How the heck is that an attack on them? They are just about my 2 favorite fighters. I'm mostly joking, but seriously even if Seagal was paying them so what? Not a big deal. Phone Post

No I can't concur. As great fighters they have great credibility and IMO if they let a fraud in their corner and fake tapped to him in fake training sessions it's a knock on them. It's only my opinion.

Anyway I don't believe that they have done that. Further, "They have credited him repeatedly, I do not claim to know more than them."
12/22/12 9:31 PM
rbl
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

... I'd want to hang out with 80s action stars too. How good would it be hearing Schwarzenegger shouting DO IT NOAW! when you're looking for a takedown or sub? Phone Post
12/22/12 9:32 PM
DatSpider
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/22/12 9:35 PM
Soup and Beer -

"Silva and Machida have kind of a man crush on Segal viewing him as an action star, instead of a has been B movie actor.  He taught them nothing.  They used kicks and techniques they already knew and played it up like the big action star helped them.  They are somewhat trolling, but also star struck."

Anderson before Seagal:

http://www.mma-core.com/images/fighters/full/Anderson_Silva_1000542.jpg

Anderson after recruiting Seagal:

http://www.mmainterplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/anderson-silva-front-kick-vitor-belfort1.gif

Your argument is invalid, sir.
12/22/12 9:32 PM
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes
1103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soup and Beer -

Silva and Machida have kind of a man crush on Segal viewing him as an action star, instead of a has been B movie actor.  He taught them nothing.  They used kicks and techniques they already knew and played it up like the big action star helped them.  They are somewhat trolling, but also star struck.

I agree with this, it seems to be the only viable scenario...that or SS is legitimate, which I don't believe for one second. Phone Post
12/22/12 9:39 PM
Lazer MMA

DatSpider - Soup and Beer -

"Silva and Machida have kind of a man crush on Segal viewing him as an action star, instead of a has been B movie actor.  He taught them nothing.  They used kicks and techniques they already knew and played it up like the big action star helped them.  They are somewhat trolling, but also star struck."

Anderson before Seagal:

http://www.mma-core.com/images/fighters/full/Anderson_Silva_1000542.jpg

Anderson after recruiting Seagal:

http://www.mmainterplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/anderson-silva-front-kick-vitor-belfort1.gif

Your argument is invalid, sir.

Not only that but what is just amazing is that the fans can't see when they post as such how low they are putting these two great fighters and how high (even if only as a star) they are putting seagal! They don't need his ass for crap and they have integrity. They don't fake tap or give fake credit IMO.

12/22/12 9:45 PM
youarewhatiswrong
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why would GSP waste his time responding to anything that chump has to say?
12/22/12 9:47 PM
DatSpider

Edited: 12/22/12 9:51 PM
Agreed, Lazer MMA.

Here is Machida training with the master himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uIYAh3dQyk

They don't realize sensei made the karate kick possible.Remember when people used to discredit the karate kid movie, because the crane kick was so unrealistic? Well, no more...

Who are we to question the motives of two of the greatest mixed martial artists on the planet?
12/22/12 9:58 PM
Rear Naked Chode
431 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Lazer MMA -

No I can't concur. As great fighters they have great credibility and IMO if they let a fraud in their corner and fake tapped to him in fake training sessions it's a knock on them. It's only my opinion.

Anyway I don't believe that they have done that. Further, "They have credited him repeatedly, I do not claim to know more than them."

Have you seen Silva's documentary Like Water? There it's a scene when they are on a conference call and the question ” have you done anything differently in this camp in preparation for your opponent?”

Then Soares Translates and Silva says ” I am training with Steven Seagal”

Then Silva covers his mouth to hold the unbearable laughter in and Soares is on the verge of busting up also.

Sounds like trolling to me.
12/22/12 10:02 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Lazer MMA -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Lazer MMA -

Ok Phone Post
12/22/12 11:10 PM
pelekys
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are all being trolled by Seagal.

Silva did an interview with Tatame TV in Brazil stating that his relationship with Seagal is a publicity stunt to make him more favorable to American fans.

There's a thread on the UG about it but I can't search for it with my mud name.

Merry Christmas.

12/22/12 11:12 PM
Lazer MMA

DatSpider - Agreed, Lazer MMA.

Here is Machida training with the master himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uIYAh3dQyk

They don't realize sensei made the karate kick possible.Remember when people used to discredit the karate kid movie, because the crane kick was so unrealistic? Well, no more...

Who are we to question the motives of two of the greatest mixed martial artists on the planet?

WARNING TO ALL

DO NOT PLAY THE VIDEO, HE REFERS TO ABOVE, IT FULL OF MALWARE
12/23/12 12:36 AM
spartancs
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saw him the other day buying a handgun at Bass Pro Shop outside of Phoenix AZ, sunglasses and all.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.