UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP responds to Seagal: "I am a martial artist"

12/23/12 1:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MarkRobinson
897 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't understand sensei segals logic on this one. gsp has trained, respects and has excelled in several forms of martial arts. He has the budo of a martial artist and respects the art forms. He's taken that ability and thoroughly routed nearly all his competition. He remains the #1 WW and has remained in the mix for #1 p4p for years now.

If he is not great, then I don't know what is. Phone Post
12/23/12 3:00 AM
Onnie804yamsaki
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson -  I don't understand sensei segals logic on this one. gsp has trained, respects and has excelled in several forms of martial arts. He has the budo of a martial artist and respects the art forms. He's taken that ability and thoroughly routed nearly all his competition. He remains the #1 WW and has remained in the mix for #1 p4p for years now.

He is justa hater and takes himself very seruously even when as and machida dont. If you have seen any of his old interviews he is borderline psychoyic and thinks he is god. Anyone that is not himself or his friend is a shitty martial artist.he does not have any real fights or sparring under his belt except the time he shat his pants. All we have seen is silly seminars so him considering himself great but not one of the very best in the world is a joke. I have respect for anyone who trains martial arts and then uses it in the cage in a close to real world scenario.not considering gsp great when he remains at the top firmly of the best martial artist in the world that all study martial arts then take it to the testing grounds he never has had the balls to is downright delusional.

Also its disrespecful cause we know he considers himself great. So i guess to be great in his mind you either need videos of yourself throwing around actors or you have to be silva and knock out everyone with ease.i mean cmon to say that about the shields fight is a joke. Shields was purposely throwing out his fingers as a tactic and poked.him like twenty times in the eye and he still overcame it to win a hardfought decision.seagal does not get that even when two greats meet that is what it looks like when it is evenly matched.so it maybe was not his best performance but you do not win championship fights in the ufc or even get signed by just being good.and he does not know shit about mma if he considers gsps technique poor. I guess you only have great technique when you severely outmatch your opponent.shit how many great fightefs with superb technique have close fights like that. It is not a poor showing but a display of champions heart just like silvas first fight with chael.

He really does not even know or respect fighters enough to give a good break down. He already places himself up there with silva even thoufh he has never tested his martial arts. Anyone who has made that leal to have a real fight in mma even most good amateurs are great compared to seagal. Shields or any other pro and even any decent amateur woukd dismantle him in seconds. So much logically and morally wrong with his criticisms.and views on fighters that he cants help his boeing 757 size ego from.shining through.no one that knows or is a serious fan of mma values his opinion or seriously ranks him as a great martial artist capable of downplaying anyone in the ufc let alone p4p greats.

It would take me a yeat to type an analysis of this psycho and why his comments are from a fantasy based on an alternate reality only he lives in so sorry for frat.
12/23/12 3:01 AM
MarkRobinson
897 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pelekys - You are all being trolled by Seagal.

Silva did an interview with Tatame TV in Brazil stating that his relationship with Seagal is a publicity stunt to make him more favorable to American fans.

There's a thread on the UG about it but I can't search for it with my mud name.

Merry Christmas.

Official source please. Lest you be voted down. Phone Post
12/23/12 3:11 AM
MarkRobinson

Onnie804yamsaki -
MarkRobinson -  I don't understand sensei segals logic on this one. gsp has trained, respects and has excelled in several forms of martial arts. He has the budo of a martial artist and respects the art forms. He's taken that ability and thoroughly routed nearly all his competition. He remains the #1 WW and has remained in the mix for #1 p4p for years now.

He is justa hater and takes himself very seruously even when as and machida dont. If you have seen any of his old interviews he is borderline psychoyic and thinks he is god. Anyone that is not himself or his friend is a shitty martial artist.he does not have any real fights or sparring under his belt except the time he shat his pants. All we have seen is silly seminars so him considering himself great but not one of the very best in the world is a joke. I have respect for anyone who trains martial arts and then uses it in the cage in a close to real world scenario.not considering gsp great when he remains at the top firmly of the best martial artist in the world that all study martial arts then take it to the testing grounds he never has had the balls to is downright delusional.

Also its disrespecful cause we know he considers himself great. So i guess to be great in his mind you either need videos of yourself throwing around actors or you have to be silva and knock out everyone with ease.i mean cmon to say that about the shields fight is a joke. Shields was purposely throwing out his fingers as a tactic and poked.him like twenty times in the eye and he still overcame it to win a hardfought decision.seagal does not get that even when two greats meet that is what it looks like when it is evenly matched.so it maybe was not his best performance but you do not win championship fights in the ufc or even get signed by just being good.and he does not know shit about mma if he considers gsps technique poor. I guess you only have great technique when you severely outmatch your opponent.shit how many great fightefs with superb technique have close fights like that. It is not a poor showing but a display of champions heart just like silvas first fight with chael.

He really does not even know or respect fighters enough to give a good break down. He already places himself up there with silva even thoufh he has never tested his martial arts. Anyone who has made that leal to have a real fight in mma even most good amateurs are great compared to seagal. Shields or any other pro and even any decent amateur woukd dismantle him in seconds. So much logically and morally wrong with his criticisms.and views on fighters that he cants help his boeing 757 size ego from.shining through.no one that knows or is a serious fan of mma values his opinion or seriously ranks him as a great martial artist capable of downplaying anyone in the ufc let alone p4p greats.

It would take me a yeat to type an analysis of this psycho and why his comments are from a fantasy based on an alternate reality only he lives in so sorry for frat.
1 when I can.

I agree. Phone Post
12/23/12 3:23 AM
MarkRobinson

I'd have my money on James toney. Phone Post
12/23/12 3:42 AM
MasterofMartialArts
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get this fight over with. Seagal will feel the blood coming out of his mouth and nose, as his brain loses oxygen. Then he will wake up only seeing fence links.

War Captain America! Phone Post
12/23/12 4:21 AM
Enemies

Toney KO vs. Seagal. Seagal flying to and fro Brazil with tubes still in his mouth.
12/23/12 4:33 AM
OneTwo17
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP is going to go down as one of the GOAT mixed martial artist!

Seagull is a nagging grumpy old movie hack, who may or MAY NOT be a lengendary martial artist.

Despite what Seagull may thunk, GSP is in a different galaxy than Seagull in terms of whom is a true martial artist. Phone Post
12/23/12 10:52 AM
muzzerous

When was the last time Steven segeal had a fight? He should stick to making terrible films with unrealistic fight scenes IMO. Phone Post
12/23/12 10:57 AM
Entreri

JCVD would kicks his ass. Unfortunately for the Sensei, he may have a heart attack if the fight occurs.

GSP is an accomplished martial artist, with 4 black belts.

"Greg Jackson: When the time comes, I'll prepare St. Pierre to beat Anderson Silva".
12/23/12 11:35 AM
pelekys
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson - 

Silva did an interview with Tatame TV in Brazil stating that his relationship with Seagal is a publicity stunt to make him more favorable to American fans.

Merry Christmas.

It was a Portal do Vale Tudo magazine interview. Middle Easy has the excerpt translated.

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3829:so-it-looks-like-we-were-all-trolled-about-steven-seagal-teaching-anderson-silva-his-kick&catid=34:organizations
12/23/12 11:40 AM
pelekys
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's the UG article:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/301728/Brazil-Report-Seagal-training-a-publicity-stunt
12/23/12 12:02 PM
Lazer MMA

pelekys - 
MarkRobinson - 

Merry Christmas.

It was a Portal do Vale Tudo magazine interview. Middle Easy has the excerpt translated.

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3829:so-it-looks-like-we-were-all-trolled-about-steven-seagal-teaching-anderson-silva-his-kick&catid=34:organizations

You was trolled, UG POSTERS ARE WARNED NOT TO GO TO THE SOURCE as my computer says if you go the ORIGINAL source there are "malicious" things there. This claim was made by Portal- de- Vale-tudo without any source. If you click on the source there
asking for the original source (http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3829:so-it-looks-like-we-were-all-trolled-about-steven-seagal-teaching-anderson-silva-his-kick&catid=34:organizations), you get the warning (from my computer).

There is no original source anyone ever found as far as I know.
12/23/12 12:07 PM
Motivated Penn
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck Steven Seagal.

He spent his life doing abysmal movies and silly staged McDojo pageantry.

GSP is the greatest welterweight fighter in the sport ever, and just demolishes. He lives and breathes martial arts.

What happened to live by the sword, die by the sword? How can Seagal even open his mouth to GSP, when he never once in his life used his martial arts in true competition, and GSP competes constantly?
12/23/12 12:19 PM
antifret

Seagal is legit. You have the greatest fighter of all time saying he is a major influence. And a bunch of idiots who spent too much time on bullshido.net and think that because Royce beat a bunch of phonies back in the day that TMA is somehow a lesser martial art than wrassling, jitz and mooy thai. GTFO with that nonsense.
12/23/12 1:04 PM
KingOfFighters

"I have the spirit of a fighter, and when I get hurt, I come back stronger"

Since when does a martial artist tap when he's perfectly conscious and about his wits? And what does going to a sports psychologist after getting your ass knocked out have to do with the spirit of a fighter? lol it's the spirit of an athlete.
12/23/12 1:09 PM
kung fu theater

seagal is legit you fools Phone Post
12/23/12 1:41 PM
spliff
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  I'm 95% sure that Seagal payed Machida and Silva to be in their corners Phone Post

yeah he was in pacmans corner last fight too

12/23/12 2:01 PM
Rear Naked Chode
355 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://youtu.be/mR0jAp2Z-lE
12/23/12 3:05 PM
Truemanc3
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seagal is so funny... I sometimes think he actually believes his own talk....

Seagal is a Martial artist but is absolutley not a fighter!
12/24/12 5:02 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Turkey bag boy -  Should do a James toney vs Steven seagal match. The shit talk would be hilarious Phone Post

Toney would take him down and gogoplata seagirl.
12/24/12 5:05 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish I had hair like Seagirl's

Oh Wait

I have a chia pet with the same hairstyle he has with the little fuzzy triangle thing
12/24/12 7:19 AM
AK-BJJ

Can I laugh in your face?
12/24/12 9:01 AM
Boofhead3
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly cant stand seagal... I cringe everytime i see him at a ufc event Phone Post
12/24/12 1:18 PM
Darth Ryase
1093 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  I'm 95% sure that Seagal payed Machida and Silva to be in their corners Phone Post

I think the problem is their being Brazilian means they don't know what a fucking joke he is in English speaking countries. Here in Central America people have never even seen him before, and yet everybody knows Van Damme, Arnold and Sly.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.