UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Belcher: I have to let more fans know who I am

12/22/12 11:28 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I think it's huge for me and I have to make a statement," Belcher told Bleacher Report. "I have to prove that I deserve a big fight against one of the big-name guys—which I already have and I need to stay there. If I really want 2013 to be my run at the title, this is a great way to kick it off.

"I'm just looking for the "W" more than anything else, but I think my drive and my abilities right now are going to make it a very strong statement. If it's not a real clean win for me, it's just because Yushin Okami is a very good fighter. It could very well be a really hard win for me, but I'll do what it takes to get the "W" and I feel pretty confident about it.

"The only thing that has really held me back is my long lay-off. Then when I made my return, I took a long time between fights. After this last fight I had a broken hand and that injury kept me out for awhile.

"It's just been my long time in between fights. Why would they give somebody a chance to fight Anderson Silva who the fans don't really know, and that could go in there and take the belt from him? I have to prove that I'm able to fight more often and I have to let more fans know who I am. I have an underground fan base but that's about it."

read entire article...

12/22/12 11:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WestCoastMXC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's an amazing fighter he just doesn't have the "it" factor. Phone Post
12/22/12 11:37 PM
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes
1124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huge fan here, he is a champion material he just needs to stay uninjured and show the world what he's capable of. He's gonna smash Okami I think. Phone Post
12/22/12 11:43 PM
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only a matter of time with Belcher you hope, man's too damn exciting to not catch on.
12/22/12 11:44 PM
torquemada
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed. He's had a rough couple years, but people sleep on him. If he beats Okami, he deserves a big name opponent. Huge fan here... Phone Post
12/22/12 11:58 PM
FreakDaddy
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he is gonna give Okami a solid beatdown......
12/22/12 11:59 PM
Reddvlboy

Been a fan of Belchers for a long time, glad to see him back after such a nasty eye injury. Thought he was done when Palhares got him on the ground but he did a GREAT job avoided the subs and finished the fight. I think if he finishes Okami ppl will take notice. Phone Post
12/23/12 12:15 AM
chris curry
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WestCoastMXC -  He's an amazing fighter he just doesn't have the "it" factor. Phone Post

what's the "it" factor. He just doesn't talk shit. He is a fucking beast and has been for a long time. c'mon 12er
12/23/12 2:01 AM
MarkRobinson
1287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's great but his fanbase has suffered due to the long wait between fights. Personally I'm just happy to see him still fighting. That separated retina thing must have been fuckin frightening. Could have been the end of his career.

War Belcher Phone Post
12/23/12 2:33 AM
DonFrye_Fan

I support Belcher 100%!!! He is a true badass! Phone Post
12/23/12 2:39 AM
shoudawhouda
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Belcher fan! Biloxi representer! Phone Post
12/23/12 4:15 AM
Ram Rod
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom -
TheMentalisT - 1. Sign up for UG(or post more if you're already a green member)

2. Start thread calling somebody else out or Romoshop contest of next opponent.

3. Become the leader of a cult(UG) following.

4. Profit?

He and his wife have been posting here long than you. 

And people know him.. he's the dude with the Rosie Odonnell tattoo on his arm. 

Gets funnier and funnier every time you say it.. Seriously every time I see a Belcher thread I know mister Van Doom is going to make me laugh with is original Rosie Odonald Joke! LOL ROFL WTF OMG... Bravo to you sir!!! So funny and clever! Phone Post
12/23/12 5:56 AM
Goonies Top Team

Not a big fan. Hope he lose his upcoming fan. He's just a douche. Phone Post
12/23/12 6:00 AM
Dougie
941 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should have alreadyhad a shot at Silva.

12/23/12 6:07 AM
PassnSmash

Huge fan. He came to Jacksonville and did a seminar that was awesome. Alan is one of the coolest fighters you will ever meet. Phone Post
12/23/12 7:07 AM
Smellde Gluve
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love The Belch!

Blue, if you will:

http://i.imgur.com/OZ6l1.jpg

In honor of ALAN!
12/23/12 7:22 AM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FreakDaddy - I think he is gonna give Okami a solid beatdown......
Same. I see no way Okami wins. Phone Post
12/23/12 8:02 AM
Motivated Penn
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chris curry - 
WestCoastMXC -  He's an amazing fighter he just doesn't have the "it" factor. Phone Post

what's the "it" factor. He just doesn't talk shit. He is a fucking beast and has been for a long time. c'mon 12er

What do you think is the reason he's not well known, some kind of magic?

WestCoastMXC is right. You mad because he makes sense?

Belcher is a great fighter, hope he can get some popularity going and earn some cash for it.

You can be as great a fighter as you like, but you have to market yourself, if you want to earn the big bucks. Look at Jim Miller, then look at Chael Sonnen.
12/23/12 8:05 AM
Pat Giles
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis - Idk. This guy has been to inconsistent to gauge where he stands. He's good but we'll see. Phone Post
6-1 in his last 7. That loss was to akiyama, and the masses agree it was a bs decision. What? Phone Post
12/23/12 8:20 AM
Flyers179

Definitley putting money on him against Okami. The line is close to even and I just think Belcher is getting better and better. Phone Post
12/23/12 8:58 AM
Hazard 76
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yushin takes this by domination.

Just don't Think Alan Burper got what it takes to reach the top tier.
12/23/12 9:19 AM
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes
1124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chuckliddellstein - Who's belcher? Phone Post
Stfu...u know who he is and if u don't then u don't follow mma Phone Post
12/23/12 9:44 AM
Seats Taken
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He needs a hype train or something behind him or a highlight reel fight to get his name more known. If you're just a really dangerous guy that isn't a common name, top 5 guys see it as a lose-lose. Phone Post
12/23/12 9:58 AM
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes

Chuckliddellstein -
DrowningInRory'sBlueEyes -
Chuckliddellstein - Who's belcher? Phone Post
Stfu...u know who he is and if u don't then u don't follow mma Phone Post
MM what? Phone Post
:-) Phone Post
12/23/12 11:22 AM
chris curry
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Motivated Penn - 
chris curry - 

What do you think is the reason he's not well known, some kind of magic?

WestCoastMXC is right. You mad because he makes sense?

Belcher is a great fighter, hope he can get some popularity going and earn some cash for it.

You can be as great a fighter as you like, but you have to market yourself, if you want to earn the big bucks. Look at Jim Miller, then look at Chael Sonnen.

am I mad? Sorry guy I don't get mad about a post. And he is known by real fans,if you started watching mma 2 or 3 years ago then you might not know him. Your examples chael sonnen and Jim miller? When did you start watching this sport. Cmoner 11'er get it together

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.