UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> As hard it is to believe, Cain can out strike JDS

12/23/12 12:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
libertines24
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/24/12 4:10 PM

I still think JDS wins, but Cain isn't screwed like some believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_586580&feature=iv&src_vid=CnRVGpt3-5k&v=t0-90Y3ygAw

There is a few things that he could do in this fight to give JDS a problem

1. Move forward.

If you notice Junior isn't exactly like Chuck. He seems to generate a lot less power when moving backwards. When JDS caught Cain it was when Cain was standing still. Cain has the cardio to push the pace. It's just a dangerous game. Look at 5:12-5:15 he seems a little awkward moving back.

2. Don't throw kicks without a punch first!

Cain is really good when he throws kicks and punches in bunches but he got caught in the match when he did throw a kick by itself, but his stronger kicks is when he throws his hands first. 5:18

3. Keep your counters tight and quick

Cain does two counters in this fight that seem to be key. One was at 5:24 when he counters a right hand with a lead kick that seems to throw Junior off balance. That causes Junior to throw a kick to keep Cain off balance and that KICK is key because Cain needs that to take Junior down. He does the same counter again at 5:35. His best counter comes at 5:39 when Junior takes a big 1-2. Cain also counters with a straight to the head when Junior does his belly punch.

4. He gots hit when moving back, and when he stopped countering

JDS hit him with a huge right hand, and ends the fight when Cain starts moving backwards.

Don't get me wrong. I think JDS is a better boxer but Cain with the right game plan could give Junior big problems. The thing is it is scary to move forward against JDS. In fact I know some may laugh at this, but prime Fedor is the perfect fighter to beat Junior. You need a fearless fighter that isn't afraid of the big punches. Cain could be that fighter though. He has to move forward because moving back against junior is death.
12/23/12 12:43 PM
JROTT
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the first fight, Cain got clipped early, and I just don't see it happening again so quick. I have a feeling Cain is gonna wall n stall for a bit at first just to tire out JDS and then work for some takedowns and gnp.

Cain by UD Phone Post
12/23/12 12:53 PM
libertines24
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dwight K Schrute -  No Phone Post

Daang and that is because I like you in this season
12/23/12 1:20 PM
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sugar Dick -

Cain is a dead man walking (twice)

1 Phone Post
12/23/12 1:25 PM
KingOfFighters

libertines24 - I still think JDS wins, but Cain isn't screwed like some believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_586580&feature=iv&src_vid=CnRVGpt3-5k&v=t0-90Y3ygAw

There is a few things that he could do in this fight to give JDS a problem

1. Move forward.

If you notice Junior isn't exactly like Chuck. He seems to generate a lot less power when moving backwards. When JDS caught Cain it was when Cain was standing still. Cain has the cardio to push the pace. It's just a dangerous game. Look at 5:12-5:15 he seems a little awkward moving back.

2. Don't throw kicks without a punch first!

Cain is really good when he throws kicks and punches in bunches but he got caught in the match when he did throw a kick by itself, but his stronger kicks is when he throws his hands first. 5:18

3. Keep your counters tight and quick

Cain does two counters in this fight that seem to be key. One was at 5:24 when he counters a right hand with a lead kick that seems to throw Junior off balance. That causes Junior to throw a kick to keep Cain off balance and that KICK is key because Cain needs that to take Junior down. He does the same counter again at 5:35. His best counter comes at 5:39 when Junior takes a big 1-2. Cain also counters with a straight to the head when Junior does his belly punch.

4. He gots hit when moving back, and when he stopped countering

JDS hit him with a huge right hand, and ends the fight when Cain starts moving backwards.

Don't get me wrong. I think JDS is a better boxer but Cain with the right game plan could give Junior big problems. The thing is it is scary to move forward against JDS. In fact I know some may laugh at this, but prime Fedor is the perfect fighter to beat Junior. You need a fearless fighter that isn't afraid of the big punches. Cain could be that fighter though. He has to move forward because moving back against junior is death.

He can outstrie jds, but he cannot out chin him..
12/23/12 1:33 PM
32Hunter

I loled.
12/23/12 1:44 PM
Olive Garden Table For One
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain doesn't have the chin or power to win a striking battle, but he has the wrestling and cardio to win a decision Phone Post
12/23/12 1:52 PM
Forever12er

He could but its unlikely, highly. Phone Post
12/23/12 2:48 PM
JROTT
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Olive Garden Table For One - Cain doesn't have the chin or power to win a striking battle, but he has the wrestling and cardio to win a decision Phone Post
This is what I'm talking about. Don't put too much stock in the first fight, Cain won't get clipped so early this time. Completely different fight. Phone Post
12/23/12 2:57 PM
caseharts
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jds really has a superior chin to most in the division. He took the best from big country and Shane. I don't think Cain or any others could do so well currently. Phone Post
12/23/12 3:02 PM
Leck Brosnar

Cain will be sleeping inside the first two rounds
12/23/12 3:04 PM
Entreri

I see the OP is smoking the good stuff
12/23/12 3:04 PM
KneeToFaceKO

nope
12/23/12 3:22 PM
allforroy
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Olive Garden Table For One - Cain doesn't have the chin or power to win a striking battle, but he has the wrestling and cardio to win a decision Phone Post
He's ended every fight he's won in the UFC via TKO or KO. May not have the same one punch power as JDS but certainly has the track record as far stopping guys with strikes goes. Phone Post
12/23/12 3:24 PM
caseharts
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

allforroy -
He's ended every fight he's won in the UFC via TKO or KO. May not have the same one punch power as JDS but certainly has the track record as far stopping guys with strikes goes. Phone Post
Remember cheik Kongo ? Phone Post
12/23/12 3:28 PM
Periodik

To the OP, from what we've seen from both guys so far, Cain cannot outstrike JDS.

Junior has much better technical striking.

In their fight, JDS did not win via a Flash KO, he set up that punch with jabs and right straights to the body. Cain began lowering his hands and looking to counter with a left hook which allowed Junior to come over the top with a Sloppy right hand and get the KO.

JDS set up all that in just 60 seconds.
12/23/12 3:30 PM
allforroy
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -
allforroy -
Right. How could I forget. Just all the other guys. Phone Post
12/23/12 3:34 PM
caseharts

allforroy -
caseharts -
allforroy -
Right. How could I forget. Just all the other guys. Phone Post
Ya he's good but he usually stops them on the ground he has standing tkos but ya kongos the only decision Phone Post
12/23/12 3:36 PM
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cains stoppages have come from hundreds of pitter patter GNP punches with the exception of nog. He hit Kongo rothwell and Bigfoot with a million shots and got a red stoppage. Different universes of power between the two Phone Post
12/23/12 4:19 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
873 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain can't win a striking match with JDS, he needs to close the distance and turn this into a grappling match...wear down JDS, and just blanket him...if he gives JDS any distance, he'll be picked a part.

12/23/12 6:02 PM

If the fans aren't booing, Cain can't win Phone Post
12/23/12 7:32 PM
OSBtro11

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee - finishing Bigdick, not impressed

finishing zombie Nog, not impressed

finishing teenage mutant Lesnar turtle, not impressed
You honestly believe those wins are that easy to discredit? Phone Post
12/23/12 7:34 PM
duckingkimura

DoomFarmer -
Sugar Dick -

Cain is a dead man walking (twice)

Posts like this are just moronic. Phone Post
Moranic imo Phone Post
12/23/12 11:45 PM
libertines24

I am not saying is a better striker but he can make this fight ugly
12/24/12 12:25 AM
BlueNamer
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

something tells me that this fight is going to go much different than the first fight. i can't really say as to who will win or how, but something just seemed off with cain that night. i really like both guys, pretty excited to watch it play out. the one thing i do know - the ufc wants a mexican champion...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.