UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks: Ellenberger more dangerous than GSP

12/23/12 2:15 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Hendricks told Sherdog Radio: "It's not that it's more difficult but, it's a little bit more dangerous, you know what I'm saying? Like I said, you don't know which punch will be the last.

"With GSP, you know where he's going to want to take it, you know he's not going to want to stand with you. He's going to want to go in there set up his jab, throw a few leg kicks, or he's going to get you to the perimeter, to that black line, and you know a double leg is coming. Ellenberger, he is going to try to knock you out before he takes you down."

read entire article...

12/23/12 2:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WestCoastMXC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fair assessment. Phone Post
12/23/12 2:19 PM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok, but Hendricks is more likely to defeat Ellenberger than GSP.

Can we admit that Hendricks only chance at deafeating GSP is one punch? we know he has nothing for him. he will get trounced when it goes to the ground. he will get outstruck on the feet. he will get taken down at will. he won't initiate the clinch (and if he does, GSP is better). The only chance at winning is his left hand in the first 2 minutes
12/23/12 2:22 PM
Chris27

The this guy is tougher than the fight I really want line by Hendricks?

Boring.
12/23/12 2:23 PM
Entreri

A woman scorned
12/23/12 2:25 PM
Buck 65

Seems like he's tryin to take a different dig at GSP every week
12/23/12 2:26 PM
cross3dout
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be honest I'm startling to dislike Hendricks the same way I dislike Weidman. A lot of talk and complaints from guys who don't get title shots bc they aren't big draws. Don't get me wrong I think they both deserve it, but just shut up keep beating people and it will come. They're both very good I'm just tired of hearing them say it,and how they think they're the ones to defeat the two best fighters of this generation and it's just no fair that no one gives them a chance.

Sorry end Frat Phone Post
12/23/12 2:28 PM
kingkoopa

in_different - ok, but Hendricks is more likely to defeat Ellenberger than GSP.

Can we admit that Hendricks only chance at deafeating GSP is one punch? we know he has nothing for him. he will get trounced when it goes to the ground. he will get outstruck on the feet. he will get taken down at will. he won't initiate the clinch (and if he does, GSP is better). The only chance at winning is his left hand in the first 2 minutes
Is there any good Greco guys at WW?

I don't think we've seen much clinch work from GSP Phone Post
12/23/12 2:36 PM
MostLegit
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cross3dout - I'll be honest I'm startling to dislike Hendricks the same way I dislike Weidman. A lot of talk and complaints from guys who don't get title shots bc they aren't big draws. Don't get me wrong I think they both deserve it, but just shut up keep beating people and it will come. They're both very good I'm just tired of hearing them say it,and how they think they're the ones to defeat the two best fighters of this generation and it's just no fair that no one gives them a chance.

I agree with the points about both guys. Phone Post
12/23/12 2:40 PM
HandyDarsh
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ellenberger is more dangerous but gsp is harder the harder man to beat.
I wonder how this fight will go if Hendricks"s hay maker doesn't connect? Phone Post
12/23/12 2:41 PM
TuLegit

Who did ellenberger fight last? I don't get why this fight is happening. Phone Post
12/23/12 2:46 PM
garrote
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cross3dout - I'll be honest I'm startling to dislike Hendricks the same way I dislike Weidman. A lot of talk and complaints from guys who don't get title shots bc they aren't big draws. Don't get me wrong I think they both deserve it, but just shut up keep beating people and it will come. They're both very good I'm just tired of hearing them say it,and how they think they're the ones to defeat the two best fighters of this generation and it's just no fair that no one gives them a chance.

Good post. Phone Post
12/23/12 2:46 PM
falsecrack
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MostLegit - 

I agree with the points about both guys. Phone Post

Yessir, and Ellengberger is a solid contender. Beat him and your claim to the throne is even better. Don't get the whole "I'm waiting for the belt fight" from guys who are just on the cusp of being established as contenders. Keep winning and they'll have to give you a shot...and if you lose in the process, you weren't really cut out for the title anyways. People demanding too much too soon.
12/23/12 3:03 PM
CaliKush
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep making noise big rig Phone Post
12/23/12 3:04 PM
Kimbos Lice
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's much more enjoyable rooting for a humble character than a cocky one.

I liked him a lot, but now I just want to see him get his ass whooped! Phone Post
12/23/12 3:05 PM
crumbs
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i bet Hendricks has stalked a few girls in his life.

12/23/12 3:10 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crumbs - i bet Hendricks has stalked a few girls in his life.

This.  

Hendricks needs to pipe down a little.  Look at GSP vs Koscheck II and compare that to Hendricks vs Koscheck.  Pump the brakes there Johny.

12/23/12 3:13 PM
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even though Hendricks isn't getting the shot at the title, I'm really happy he's staying active and competing. This is going to be an exciting match up.
12/23/12 3:43 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's doing what he's supposed to be doing, hyping his next fight.

Basically, he knows GSP is fighting Diaz first and then him (assuming GSP and Hendricks both win) because Diaz is a bigger draw than he is. By the time he fights GSP, he wants to make sure people have heard of him - if nothing else, it means he can negotiate a bigger purse for the title fight.

Its good for him, for the UFC, and even for GSP (since if GSP beats Diaz he'll probably fight the winner of Hendricks-Ellenberger) for him to build up his fight with Ellenberger, getting both his name and Ellenberger in the public eye.
12/23/12 3:45 PM
SignsOfChaos
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I enjoy the comments about how he knows where GSP would take the fight. I'm willing to bet every opponent GSP has had the past 4 years thinks exactly the same yet nobody seems to be able to stop the jab and double leg that they "know is coming" Phone Post
12/23/12 3:54 PM
craig123
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He needs to speak with bisping to learn some patience Phone Post
12/23/12 4:10 PM
behzad

If hyping your fight means sounding like a dumbass. Then hes doing a solid job. Phone Post
12/23/12 5:32 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It's better for people to think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

There's a growing list of guys in the UFC that need to learn to just shut up. One Chael Sonnen is almost more than enough already. I have gone from a big fan on Hendricks to hoping he loses his next fight just so he doesn't have anything to talk about anymore.

12/23/12 5:46 PM
omlet de fromage

Hendricks sounds really stupid here. Yes we know GSP likes to take people down. But If for some reason he can't, he's fine standing up. He displayed it more in his old fights like Hughes 2 and Jay Hieron (way far back), but Im sure he would have no problem standing with Hendricks. Hell except for the high kick GSP's striking was looking pretty fine against Condit.
12/23/12 6:19 PM
Farewell Brock
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cant wait for gsp to put a beating like he put on Fitch on Johnny. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.