UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks: Ellenberger more dangerous than GSP

12/23/12 7:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks will beat Ellenberger, but that fight will show us exactly what he has to offer GSP, as his fight with Kos wasn't a very good indicator. Ellenberger has legit wrestling and is going to opt to knock Johny's head off. Phone Post
12/23/12 7:10 PM
MattyJ
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cross3dout - I'll be honest I'm startling to dislike Hendricks the same way I dislike Weidman. A lot of talk and complaints from guys who don't get title shots bc they aren't big draws. Don't get me wrong I think they both deserve it, but just shut up keep beating people and it will come. They're both very good I'm just tired of hearing them say it,and how they think they're the ones to defeat the two best fighters of this generation and it's just no fair that no one gives them a chance.

Sorry end Frat Phone Post
Pretty much precisely summed up my thoughts on both guys, both should be considered for title shots but its not ridiculous that they've been overlooked but are trying the squeaky hinge gets the oil approach to make sure their next. Phone Post
12/23/12 7:22 PM
BooZe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crumbs - i bet Hendricks has stalked a few girls in his life.

Boom! Phone Post
12/23/12 8:12 PM
JetSetter

Please Ellenburger kick Johnny "The Stalker" Hendricks ass for all the shit he's been talking. Phone Post
12/23/12 8:25 PM
UGCTT_Jay Edz
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't usually speak negatively of fighters but seriously....*yawn* Phone Post
12/23/12 10:04 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God,

another cool dude turns into a major douchebag. I really liked Hendricks but i am losing respect for the dude pretty quickly. 

While the comment can perhaps be seen as somewhat fair (i personally disagree but at least it is about shall we say ''content'')  they way he presents himself in the press makes him sound like a petulant child once again. I personally did think he deserved the shot. I also think it was a gutsy move from him to take the Ellenberger fight (though he will win) but he needs to stop the freaking complaining about GSP. It unbecoming and embarrasing and not understandable at all. Someone get this dude an agent so he does not come over as a major douchebag.

12/23/12 10:49 PM
ChaosOverkill
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

by the time he does Fight GSP he will have talked himself into a humiliating loss

12/23/12 10:52 PM
jimbonice

I really liked Hendricks before he learned to talk. Phone Post
12/24/12 5:53 AM
time traveling 12er
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He sounds a lot like his entitled fans. Minus the crying.

As for talking your way to a title, only one word needed to be said to get that title shot against JBJ. That word was "yes." Chael said it, several fighters didn't.
12/24/12 5:57 AM
Poopyface TomatoNose

Hmmm...he does have somewhat of a point, lol! Phone Post
12/24/12 6:02 AM
thefightphysician

It doesn't make sense to talk down the guy you are hoping to beat in order to become world champion. It's like he's devaluing the fight...

Also, he's more than likely going to find he can't mount any effective offense against GSP if they fight, and it's going to break him mentally on the night. All that smack-talk and he finds out why GSP has defended the title successfully so many times. Even if he's not going to get flash-KO'd GSP can still humble him.

Hendricks has the wiser option of taking another fight so he has time to work on his BJJ and kickboxing GSP is literally years ahead in. He should do that and see it as a good thing rather than build this spoilt-brat persona where he feels robbed of what he deserves. Phone Post
12/24/12 7:50 AM
KZTT_W85
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MostLegit -
cross3dout - I'll be honest I'm startling to dislike Hendricks the same way I dislike Weidman. A lot of talk and complaints from guys who don't get title shots bc they aren't big draws. Don't get me wrong I think they both deserve it, but just shut up keep beating people and it will come. They're both very good I'm just tired of hearing them say it,and how they think they're the ones to defeat the two best fighters of this generation and it's just no fair that no one gives them a chance.

Sorry end Frat Phone Post
I agree with the points about both guys. Phone Post
^ Phone Post
12/24/12 6:25 PM
Jons Forsberg

Johny is the definition of retard strength.
12/25/12 1:49 AM
LBH_RN
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whether a title shot does/doesn't make sense for him, its safe to say this fight absolutely doesn't. If he's not gonna get a title shot, give him Rory (arguably the #2 WW). Fuck Rory's butthurt feelings over Condit, make him wait. Win or lose against Hendricks that fight would still be there waiting on him.
12/25/12 11:22 AM
cward81386
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i love mma fans.... how can you like someone less for being upset about being promised and earning a huge payday and a chance to change his life forever but then getting shafted by someone who just lost.

If youre so sick of hearing this man complain about not getting his shot and all that to the point you want him to lose? maybe you need to go outside and stop watching mma interviews
12/27/12 12:25 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cward81386 - i love mma fans.... how can you like someone less for being upset about being promised and earning a huge payday and a chance to change his life forever but then getting shafted by someone who just lost.

If youre so sick of hearing this man complain about not getting his shot and all that to the point you want him to lose? maybe you need to go outside and stop watching mma interviews

"Ellenberger is more dangerous than GSP".

That is Hendricks talking out of his ass.. not complaining about being shafted. He can complain about being shafted all he wants, he has the right to. Making baseless statements like the one above is what is losing him popularity.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.