UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Chris Lytle tells us there's a chance he may come

12/24/12 12:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LayzieTheSavage
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/24/12 12:42 AM
www.middleeasy.com, Editor/Videographer

Chris Lytle tells us there's a chance he may come back to MMA

Chris Lytle tells us there's a chance he may come back to MMA

A huge LOL if you sincerely believe you could have scripted a better ending to an MMA career than what played out the night of UFC Live: Hardy vs. Lytle. In probably one of the most elevating blood rate inducing free cards since the days of WEC, we witnessed a potpouri of slick submissions, mind deadening knockouts and (get ready for it)entertaining decisions. However, more importantly we saw the retirement of Chris Lytle, which was punctuated by a last second guillotine of Dan Hardy. One could argue that it would have been wise for Dan Hardy to back off in the final seconds of the fight and possibly grab a split-decision, but the need to grab the round resulted in Lytle nearly stealing Hardy's consciousness at the 4:17 mark.

It's been 496 days since Chris Lytle graced the Octagon and it seems as if the entire industry has forgotten the amazingness that is Lights-Out. I guess people don't care that Lytle grabbed ten 'Of the Night' bonuses in his lasttwelve UFC fights prior to retirement or that he did something in his last fight against Dan Hardy that Georges St. Pierre couldn't do in twenty-five minutes of fighting. LayzieTheSavage caught up with Chris Lytle last week and he told us there's a small chance that he may come out of retirement to fight once again.

12/24/12 12:41 AM
LayzieTheSavage
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.middleeasy.com, Editor/Videographer

www.middleeasy.com

12/24/12 12:51 AM
Rear Naked Chode
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting title, was fooled. Well played.
12/24/12 12:56 AM
Amazing
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Lytle is the man.
12/24/12 1:05 AM
ABE FROMAN

Everybody should've known this was going to happen if he didn't win in his political career.

Those big MMA checks go a LONG way when you need to pay bills, that's just a stark reality.

If he can fight he'd be a fool to not come back. You won't see those checks anywhere else.

12/24/12 1:18 AM
LeftLowKick
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

Everybody should've known this was going to happen if he didn't win in his political career.

Those big MMA checks go a LONG way when you need to pay bills, that's just a stark reality.

If he can fight he'd be a fool to not come back. You won't see those checks anywhere else.

i'm gonna guess that you didn't actually watch the interview....
12/24/12 1:27 AM
JoeMimic
594 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love for Lytle to come back. Win or lose he always was in exciting fights (With the exception of the Serra fight)
12/24/12 1:42 AM
yellow wrkahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, I didn't realize he's been gone for a year and a half already. Feels like yesterday. Phone Post
12/24/12 1:53 AM
madmav
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn was it 10 yrs ago that nick fought chris? ..talk about a tough 2nd fight ever. 

12/24/12 1:59 AM
ku3mm3t
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was a huge pleasure watching him choke Hardy out from the front row in Milwaukee. That whole card was great.

Would love to see Chris fight again. Big fan.
12/24/12 8:18 AM
WanderleisNoseJob
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Lytle Phone Post
12/24/12 8:26 AM
Jill Laz

Sugar Dick -

False advertising I clicked on thread to see Lytle come

LMAO ok now my day has officially started Phone Post
12/24/12 10:03 AM
UGCTT_chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sugar Dick -

False advertising I clicked on thread to see Lytle come

Phone Post
12/24/12 10:06 AM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

Bot many fighters go out on a good note like Lytle did. As much as i would love to see him back i dont want him do go out loosing and i think his retirement was perfect Phone Post
12/24/12 1:08 PM
WestCoastMXC

Not interested in seeing him return he announced his retirement made a big scene about handed Dana a letter just stay retired... Phone Post
12/24/12 2:13 PM
FunkMasterJoe
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz - Bot many fighters go out on a good note like Lytle did. As much as i would love to see him back i dont want him do go out loosing and i think his retirement was perfect Phone Post
I tend to agree with this. Lytle was a fav of mine. Never in a boring fight, always brought it. He went out on a high note. Like post I'm quoting said, not many do. Phone Post
12/24/12 3:14 PM
awilson82
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On one hand I'm a huge Lytle fan and would love to see him fight again. On the other he had a great career and perfect retirement fight and finished without ever having been KOd or submitted. Phone Post
12/24/12 3:17 PM
sincitydc
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I miss seeing him fight but like others have said he left on about as good a note as possible. I was really hoping he would have fought his way to a title shot before retiring though. Phone Post
12/24/12 3:28 PM
MadmanGadman
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This dude was one of my favorites to watch, but he should stay retired. He was in 54 fights, went 31 and 18 and was never knocked out or submitted. Only two times he was stopped was by cuts. He had a great career an would hate for him to come back and get knocked out or subbed. Phone Post
12/24/12 3:41 PM
6ULDV8

That was a great interview.  Chris Lytle is so well-spoken it's ridiculous.

I'd love to see him come back for some legacy or dream fight, but the last thing I want is for him to throw his hat in the ring and try to grind his way up.  He hung them up at the right time, kept all his marbles, and went out like a boss.

Never say never, but he's got nothing left to prove to anyone.  

Thanks for putting this up.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.