UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Leben tired of hearing about p***ing on bed

12/24/12 10:44 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"You have to fight that war on all fronts, internal work with my thought patterns and my old ways of dealing with issues and problems," he said. "At the same time, there are situations I've had to remove myself from. A lot of good people I know that are still friends of mine, but they know we can't hang out because they're living that other life. The best thing for me is to not be around that. There are certain places I don't choose to go. If my friends are going to a bar instead of a restaurant, or a restaurant that is more of a bar, I don't go."

Since that time, he's gotten treatment for deep seated emotional problems that he would medicate himself away from addressing. He feels younger, lighter and in better shape. The time off has healed his injuries, but left him in rough shape financially.

"You really don't know what you have until it's taken away," he said. "This was truly a blessing in disguise. I had that invaluable time I needed for my personal life. I do miss competing. I miss getting in there. I miss training for a fight and missed the paydays as well. I have a different mindset. I'm much more clearheaded. But with that comes different issues. There's more anxiety, more nerves, questions on how I'm going to perform. I'm trying to make that a positive thing, to push myself harder, to be more ready."

While a lot of UFC fans still think of Leben as the guy who got out control in the early episodes of The Ultimate Fighter, Leben noted that was eight years ago and he's moved past that era.

"I certainly am tired of hearing about p***ing on (Jason) Thacker's bed, or when people ask me, `When are you going to fight Josh Koscheck,'" he said. "That was seven, eight years ago. It's over."

read entire article...

12/24/12 10:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dr Gonzo
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boo Hoo, they still talk about it. Most people make it their whole lives without pissing on someone else's bed, especially considering Thacker didn't even do anything to him.
12/24/12 11:14 AM
SickEyeDiaz
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broke Leben?

12/24/12 11:16 AM
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moral of the story is never pee on someone's bed on television, I guess.
12/24/12 11:16 AM
billoni
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People don't forget! Phone Post
12/24/12 11:21 AM
Neil Funk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He might have impulse problems or whatever, and certainly this is a lesson for young TUFers not to do something that dumb...

but man Chris Leben is a well-spoken, intelligent dude. If he can stay sober, he's still got quite a future. Hats off to the guy and good luck to him.
12/24/12 11:27 AM
escudo
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SickEyeDiaz - 

Broke Leben?

If being broke could make Fitch exciting imgaine what it could do for leben.

+5 submission defense
12/24/12 11:27 AM
JoeMimic
594 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6APlix - Spritzing.
This. He just spritzed! Phone Post
12/24/12 11:31 AM
BeatonHauff
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll tell you one thing, I'm drunk as shit right now. Phone Post
12/24/12 11:34 AM
Sandy Pantz
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he finds it annoying, imagine how Thacker must feel when people still bring it up to him. What happened to that guy anyway? Did he ever fight again after the show? (Hell, had he even actually fought before the show?)
12/24/12 11:56 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haters gonna hate. War Cat Smasher. Hope he has everything in check now. Always been a fan. Always will be. And for the record of greatest TUF fails.....

Let me bang bro > spritzing Thackers bed Phone Post
12/24/12 11:58 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sandy Pantz - If he finds it annoying, imagine how Thacker must feel when people still bring it up to him. What happened to that guy anyway? Did he ever fight again after the show? (Hell, had he even actually fought before the show?)

No and No. He was brought on as a sacrificial lamb. 

12/24/12 12:00 PM
Bill Pharoni
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah well, how do you think Gabe feels?
12/24/12 12:16 PM
muaythai1622
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish him good luck. Phone Post
12/24/12 12:23 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
810 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some things will never be forgotten....

12/24/12 12:48 PM
TX_432
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeMimic -
Mix6APlix - Spritzing.
This. He just spritzed! Phone Post
I'll let you spritz bro Phone Post
12/24/12 1:06 PM
SUPER HLUK

I hated Leben on that show. Now I love Leben. Phone Post
12/24/12 1:09 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
810 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if people still remind Tony of this?

12/24/12 1:10 PM
Chris27

Was a fan of Leben's during the first TUF and still am a fan today.

Want to see him get back on track and stay clean and rack up wins.
12/24/12 1:13 PM
Chris Leben is a Zombie
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

escudo -
SickEyeDiaz - 

Broke Leben?

If being broke could make Fitch exciting imgaine what it could do for leben.

+5 submission defense
Lol amazing sub D Phone Post
12/24/12 1:16 PM
Tomato Can
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea I think Tony Ferguson wins the award for "fastest personality change in TUF history". At first he seemed like a quiet no-nonsense guy who just wanted to train and fight. Then two thirds of the way through the season he has a few drinks and turns into an absolute psycho bully nutcase.
12/24/12 1:37 PM
MasterofMartialArts
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SickEyeDiaz -

Broke Leben?

Hahahahah yes!!!! Phone Post
12/24/12 1:39 PM
MasterofMartialArts
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

samúð og völd -
Neil Funk - He might have impulse problems or whatever, and certainly this is a lesson for young TUFers not to do something that dumb...

but man Chris Leben is a well-spoken, intelligent dude. If he can stay sober, he's still got quite a future. Hats off to the guy and good luck to him.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on the "lesson for young TUFers" thing.

IMHO its quite the opposite actually...

Look how it played out for him. He is not a very good fighter(IMO)and he still has a job in the premiere fighting league. Even after being busted for using steroids, pain medication, and getting a DUI.

So...

If you get on that show, piss on everything in the house, hell piss on other contestants.
He is not a very good fighter? Are you taking fucking crazy pills? Phone Post
12/25/12 12:35 AM
LBH_RN
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the gist of this is him saying he's trying to live a simple, low key life, but negative energy is all around him from current problems (drinking) to petty shit (the pissing incident)

yet another amazing title of the topic
12/25/12 12:49 AM
MasterofMartialArts

LBH_RN - I think the gist of this is him saying he's trying to live a simple, low key life, but negative energy is all around him from current problems (drinking) to petty shit (the pissing incident)

yet another amazing title of the topic
Lol Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.