UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Clay Guida hate an inside joke?

12/24/12 2:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but everybody is like "blah blah blah, he's boring" or whatever... Are we talking about the same guy? I haven't seen every fight he's ever had, but I've enjoyed all the fights I have seen.

Y'all can argue all you want, but I think Guida is awesome.

(I still think it's a joke and I thought y'all were serious, in which case, haha, you got me.)
12/24/12 2:51 PM
Predator Pierre
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was one of my favourite fighters till his last fight with Maynard Phone Post
12/24/12 2:53 PM
AlchemyIronworks

He moves around a ton but doesn't really engage in attempting to do real damage. If you see through all the bullshit he does very little actual productive fighting. Phone Post
12/24/12 2:54 PM
FreakDaddy
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am with the OP....Don't get the Clay hate.....His last fight was bad, but we all have off days.....I love his will and intensity......Plus he is part caveman......
12/24/12 2:58 PM
orcus

Fight with Maynard was absolutely godawful.

Fight with Nate Diaz was not good.

Other than that, most of his fights are good to great, and the fight with Huerta might be the best fight of all time.

12/24/12 3:00 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings

He's had a few exciting fights mixed in with a couple of boring ones.  But the Maynard fight was so bad that it will take some really big performances to take away that memory.

12/24/12 3:00 PM
TheRaider
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's mainly people who where fans back when he was in the WEC, now they are just disappointed..
12/24/12 3:04 PM
OuTkAsTTTTT69
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, my honest opinion... he's usually fun to watch in some aspect, but I don't really pull for him in the fights. No power, movement that only stifles the fight, his boxing is terrible and he stalls good fights with wrestling. I think he has beaten better fighters than him with these tools to his credit but Id rather just see a fight than a strategy contest. Phone Post
12/24/12 3:04 PM
minotauro11
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pettis, Maynard and Nate fights were god awful. People also hated how he danced around against Gomi (though he did end up finding the finish).

I don't find him very exciting at all, he's had some great fights but I usually write that off to him being unable to find a takedown (against Diego and Bendo specifically). I can't remember the last exciting fight that he won.

Sorry for the negative post just trying to answer your question OP. Phone Post
12/24/12 3:08 PM
Ansari
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight of the Night (Five times)
Submission of the Night (Two times)

12/24/12 3:09 PM
MasterofMartialArts
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can see the argument both ways. In his past few fights, he has done alot of movement rather than efficient offense. He has alot of exciting fights, but for the past year and half or so it seems that he just doesn't want to lose. I have massive respect for him, he obviously isn't scared to fight anyone, trains harder than alot of guys in the business, and is as tough as they come. Phone Post
12/24/12 3:10 PM
in_different
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has been part of the a few of the most exciting fights in UFC history. he has also had a couple fights. Personally, i think the hate is stupid and immature and that Clay is a warrior. most fights will be good, a couple will not. he will never be a champion, but he will be in the UFC as long as he wants. he's going to bring many more exciting fights to the UFC

and fans will judge him strictly on what his last fight was like
12/24/12 3:11 PM
wiggum
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He found ways to make Nate Diaz and Anthony Pettis boring. That's really impressive.
12/24/12 3:11 PM
Loadin76
657 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still love watching him fight but his fights agianst Maynard, Diaz and Pettis bored me to tears. I always look forward to a good fight with him, sometimes we get wars, sometimes we get snuggle, dance-a-thons.

12/24/12 3:12 PM
OSBtro11

His fights excitement are extremely exaggerated . Phone Post
12/24/12 3:15 PM
yellow wrkahlc

No, it's not.

You want in on it?

12/24/12 3:17 PM
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/24/12 3:17 PM
OuTkAsTTTTT69 - 

...his boxing is terrible and he stalls good fights with wrestling.

See, that's kind of what I think makes him fun to watch. He doesn't have good boxing so he is RELENTLESS trying to get a takedown, usually takes a pretty good whipping to get there and won't give up once he's got a leg.

I like to watch that, you know? He knows what he needs to do and DOES IT.
12/24/12 3:41 PM
Proteus The Invincible

I don't hate Clay, but he puts on some horrendously boring fights, for example, his fights against Pettis, Maynard and Diaz. What makes it worse is that he seems to think he's exciting. I could hardly believe it when he called himself such after his dreadful performance against Pettis. What makes it worse still is that the judges actually reward him for competing that way.
12/24/12 3:54 PM
Zaph
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He strikes me as a great guy, but his fights are hit-or-miss for me. Phone Post
12/24/12 3:56 PM
burner22
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlchemyIronworks - He moves around a ton but doesn't really engage in attempting to do real damage. If you see through all the bullshit he does very little actual productive fighting. Phone Post
This all day. The Maynard fight was the most disgraceful thing I've seen take place in a cage. and the worst part was when he called the crowd "goombahs"for booing, and then talked shit to Maynard afterwards. He deserves every inch of the hate for that. Add in the Pettis and Diaz fights and he is pretty much the poster child for lay-n-pray Phone Post
12/24/12 3:56 PM
BLACKBUDDAH

Guida is one of those fighters win or lose I will always watch his fights. Phone Post
12/24/12 3:58 PM
ShaqNoob
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it also stems from him appearing as a sore loser after his loss to Gray Maynard. He moved around and ran from Gray and was disappointed he didn't win the fight.

Then, in one of Dana's video blogs, him and big brother Guida were seen backstage talking shit to Gray.
12/24/12 3:59 PM
Infamous Ed

His ultimate goal is to minimize engagement and cruise a victory. When he fights his fight, it's horrible to watch.

His exciting fights come when he faces an opponent who can prevent stalling, he usually ends up losing those. Phone Post
12/24/12 4:05 PM
blitzkriegzx2
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was 100 percent the Diaz fight that turned me off and I have never been able to get back on. I just remember him holding on to diaz standing from behind and not trying anything but to maintain position the whole fight.
12/24/12 4:13 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BLACKBUDDAH - Guida is one of those fighters win or lose I will always watch his fights. Phone Post
This Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.