UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Eddie Wineland: nobody wants to get hit by me

12/25/12 3:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/25/12 3:41 PM

Source: Eddie Wineland: "I don't think anybody really wants to get hit by me."

I remember a lot of people jumping on the Wineland bandwagon after his victory over Scott Jorgensen, but I don't see him beating Brad Pickett. Either way this should be one hell of fight. Whou guys got?
12/25/12 3:23 PM
ausgepicht

I'm a Wineland fan, but I don't think he has enough power to make this statement. No one is terrified of his power. He wins through grit, determination, heart and pace. He'll wear you down and will be there when you make a mistake.

Having said that Pickett is one of my favorite fighters and my favorite British fighter. I think he has more options and is more well-rounded. He's always in shape. This has FOTN written all over it. Phone Post
12/25/12 3:26 PM
aaronlynton
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wineland is dangerous. He has good boxing and is big for his weight class.

This fight should be a standup war
12/25/12 4:38 PM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddie is talented but I think Pickett will beat him. Phone Post
12/25/12 5:15 PM
Hikikomori

I wish Dana would bring in teddy Atlas or lampley to call this fight. This will be a boxing clinic both ways. Rogan and Goldie will be lost. Phone Post
12/25/12 5:21 PM
Jack Slack
1657 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody wants to be hit by anyone. It's not pleasant.

12/25/12 5:21 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht - I'm a Wineland fan, but I don't think he has enough power to make this statement. No one is terrified of his power. He wins through grit, determination, heart and pace. He'll wear you down and will be there when you make a mistake.

Having said that Pickett is one of my favorite fighters and my favorite British fighter. I think he has more options and is more well-rounded. He's always in shape. This has FOTN written all over it. Phone Post
A guy with 10 kos/tkos is a grinder? The guy has the power in his hands to stop any bantamweight in the world bud. Phone Post
12/25/12 5:23 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not only that but Wineland has more kos/tkos than the supposed knockout artist Brad Pickett. Phone Post
12/25/12 5:33 PM
jasonhightower
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is gonna be a dandy... Phone Post
12/25/12 5:46 PM
TheWolf88

Going for wineland, think hell be a bit bigger than Pickett, and can stifle picketts attacks, but there is one punch power in both guys. Possibly gona be just like the Jorgensen fight cause I know Pickett is shorter also Phone Post
12/25/12 6:28 PM
ausgepicht

AllAmericanBoxing - 
ausgepicht - I'm a Wineland fan, but I don't think he has enough power to make this statement. No one is terrified of his power. He wins through grit, determination, heart and pace. He'll wear you down and will be there when you make a mistake.

A guy with 10 kos/tkos is a grinder? The guy has the power in his hands to stop any bantamweight in the world bud. Phone Post

Didn't call him a grinder or a weak puncher. He's had 2 KO/TKOs in the past 4...almost 5 years. When the topic of punchers who terrify people is discussed, Wineland's name doesn't exactly come up. I like Eddie, so please don't try to paint me another way.

12/25/12 6:44 PM
AllAmericanBoxing

ausgepicht -
AllAmericanBoxing - 

Didn't call him a grinder or a weak puncher. He's had 2 KO/TKOs in the past 4...almost 5 years. When the topic of punchers who terrify people is discussed, Wineland's name doesn't exactly come up. I like Eddie, so please don't try to paint me another way.

I wasn't trying to twist your words against you man. But who at bantamweight has more ko power in his hands than Wineland??? The guy is a power puncher and is one of the hardest hitting 135s at this point IMO. Phone Post
12/25/12 9:36 PM
ajl416az

i dont think punches when i think Eddie Wineland. i think disgusting devastating slams that end careers
12/25/12 9:57 PM
DamnSevern
1185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/26/12 5:30 AM
radiobaby
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love this fight and both dudes. I think Pickett is faster and has better head movement and footwork. Wineland should be stronger and have a power advantage imo. I also think Eddie is generally more durable and has a better chin. I like Eddie, late tko. Psyched for this fight though. Phone Post
12/26/12 6:28 AM
ChaosOverkill
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Slack - 

well said lol.

These fight clichés are out of control

12/26/12 6:45 AM
Slapsymaxi
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wineland finished Capuzano with one of the most painful looking bodyshots I've ever seen...

Max Phone Post
12/26/12 8:54 AM
ncimm
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt war wineland!!
12/26/12 9:24 AM
Dongbar
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Slack -

Do you have any insight or analysis on this fight? IMO, it's one of the more interesting and evenly matched fights of UFC 155. I personally like Eddie based off his speed and technique, but your expertise breaking this one down would be appreciated! Phone Post
12/26/12 2:30 PM
jasonhightower
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what would sakuraba do - He's the best boxer in the divi. Top 5 boxing in all mma imo. Funny thing is he was a wrestling champ!
You know it does seem like the MMA fighter who can master a 2nd or 3rd discipline the fastest becomes the legitimate MMA contender/champion. Phone Post
12/29/12 9:50 PM
AllAmericanBoxing

Sorry doubters. Winelands the fucking man. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:23 AM
ausgepicht

AllAmericanBoxing -  Sorry doubters. Winelands the fucking man. Phone Post

There's not a single doubter on this thread. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.