UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> 365 Day Challenge

12/28/12 9:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Braxmax
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I challenged myself in a similar way a couple years ago. It was called "the 365 skeet challenge". Obviously I would either sex up a lucky lady or take care of myself EVERY DAY FOR A YEAR! It had to be every day, a double or triple in one day wouldn't carry over. In sure this doesn't seem like a challenge to some, but trust me, it ain't easy. By march I developed tendinitis or carpal tunnel or something and had to get creative. I had to jerk it one night at 11:45 pm when I had food poisoning and realized I hadn't squeezed one out that day. It was a close one! I managed to finish the year with a bang and completed the goal. I must say that year taught me a lot about the human spirit and what it really means to accomplish a goal. You have my support sir! Good luck and god speed!! Phone Post
12/28/12 11:38 PM
green_machine
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How are you going to document your training? A blog? A notebook? Is it to share with the public or just for personal reference? Just curious.

I document all of my training with Evernote. I like it because I can open the app on my smartphone right after class and jot down what I did while it's fresh, and since it syncs with the desktop and tablet version I can go in and make any formatting or other changes at home on my laptop or iPad later on. You can also tag each note with what you worked on like "half guard," "armbar from mount," etc. I like being able to go through and see how often I drilled certain techniques, or see the steps of a new technique that I entered earlier and wanted to remember. Just an idea if you're looking for a handy tool for documentation. Phone Post
12/29/12 9:46 AM
Jessy30
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

braxmax...i don't care what anyone says, that was some funny shit. Phone Post
1/4/13 4:33 PM
neongreenlights
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks green_machine for the suggestion. I might do that. At the moment it's just the medieval notebook and pencil combo for class notes or researched techniques. A separate notebook for journal keeping.

It's started, so far it's alright. Will report at the end of the month.

Braxmax, you're an inspiration!
1/8/13 6:51 PM
demandango
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had resolved to go every day on January starting jan 2. So far so good. Phone Post
2/1/13 11:35 AM
neongreenlights
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check in:
So far so good, included some Thai boxing classes. However, I had no choice but to create a "Holiday Solo Day" due to New Years Day and snow shut downs. Basically, these consist of researching 3 new techniques/drills and performing a body weight bjj drill circuit. There have been obstacles such as being incredibly sick, and having transportation issues but have kept it going. Competed as well. Current year record is 2 wins by submission and 2 losses by submission.
3/16/13 12:21 PM
carcaju
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.