UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> QUICK 5/3/1 Q

12/26/12 2:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
waxwing slain
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So let's say I'm on a 5-5-Max rep day for OH press.

if I can't get at least 5 on the last set, is that considered "failure", and time to re-set my 90% 1RM?
12/26/12 5:40 PM
SesameTako
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes. I believe they advise to scale down to 90% of training max. Phone Post
12/26/12 8:54 PM
ravenman2000
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/26/12 8:55 PM

If you failed and think you might have just had a bad day, see if you get the reps next week for the 3x3 and the 5/3/1 reps the week after that, and try to stay with it.  If you know you have simply stalled (e.g. last couple of weeks you almost failed, and this week it finally happened), it's time to reset that lift.

12/26/12 9:03 PM
waxwing slain
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ravenman2000 -

If you failed and think you might have just had a bad day, see if you get the reps next week for the 3x3 and the 5/3/1 reps the week after that, and try to stay with it.  If you know you have simply stalled (e.g. last couple of weeks you almost failed, and this week it finally happened), it's time to reset that lift.

Thanks bro. That was instinct.

In the previous month I could only get 1 rep on the 5/3/1 scheme, so I think I'm close to a stall. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.