UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> are dojo storms extinct?

12/27/12 9:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stu Cazzo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spencer Fisher - 

There is a video of me doing this or the fight after, like 12/15 years ago

12/27/12 9:43 PM
aNutterFedorFan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4l8R Phone Post
12/27/12 10:57 PM
camozzi
685 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

now days they have to begin with "i need you to sign this waiver first" or you can get sued

12/28/12 3:05 AM
Truemanc3
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think they stopped because people grew up and realised it was a pretty cowardly thing to do.

Basically from what I saw back in the day it was jj guys who had trained very hard storming a bunch of TMA gyms that were not expecting them.... Surely this goes against everything martial arts represent in the first place.

Go and storm an MMA gym with a stable full of pro and semipro fighters.
12/28/12 3:22 AM
Silhouette
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fitnessouterbanks.com%2F&session_token=Fmlkh9EuRElb_74WZ4UhXJJfDXh8MTM1Njc2OTIyMUAxMzU2NjgyODIx
12/28/12 8:41 AM
FanToFighter
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for more tales of badassery Phone Post
12/28/12 9:11 AM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shootfightermike -

hopefully not

This. Phone Post
12/28/12 9:17 AM
solidsnake
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for sharing Spencer. Best part was mentioning that Al Bundy and 100 guys were there watching LOL.
12/29/12 9:58 AM
carcaju
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed for stories
1/4/13 11:02 AM
bhealthy

TTT
1/4/13 11:13 AM
The Mammoth
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wasnt aware they were so common - i thought they were more mythical than anything and only happened in Karate Kid.

1/4/13 5:59 PM
bhealthy

In the golden age, they made junior students hair stand on end. Not always because they were eager to volunterr to defend the schools honor. These were sometimes lifechanging moments.
1/4/13 7:41 PM
patches

bhealthy - In the golden age, they made junior students hair stand on end. Not always because they were eager to volunterr to defend the schools honor. These were sometimes lifechanging moments.

i finish training,showered,about to leave....i walk in on a conversation with my teacher and some asian guy's translator.(.who happens to have a killer camera setup )..." im a beginner...i would like to train with your guys".....my teacher grabs his cauliflower ear and and says.." you dont look like any beginner to me"...

My teacher looks at me and says" patches you sticking around"?...i spin right around and get changed....im met in the locker room to hear what i already nknew.."these guys go for nothing but leglocks...protect your legs"...
i go out there and within minutes the whole academy has stopped and formed a circle as i proceed to destroy this guy.

i had so many guys come up to me over the next few weeks and say how they had never been so proud to be part of a gym before.....not the same as a storm but had the same feeling as far as willing to handle shit
we find out days later the guy i think fought in pride or some other big show and had already had 7 or 8 fights
1/5/13 2:08 PM
bhealthy

^^ its unfortunate there are people that like to play those type of games. glad to hear you were up to the task.

when i was called upon in a similar situation, i didnt do as well as you. only our sensei beat the uninvited guest, who was pretending he was a newb that wanted to trane with us. found out a few days late he was a 'spy' sent from another place. it never got to the earbiting & eyegouging stage or anything, but it definitely made me adopt a 'be ready' attitude.
1/5/13 2:09 PM
bhealthy

Edited: 01/05/13 2:10 PM
LOL! next time stormer will be facing a "MOTIVATED B-Healthy" ;)
1/5/13 2:11 PM
bhealthy

on dana gear :)
1/5/13 7:08 PM
patches

yea man ...thats why you always gotta be in shape
1/5/13 7:27 PM
GladiatorGannon
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/05/13 7:28 PM
patches - 
bhealthy - In the golden age, they made junior students hair stand on end. Not always because they were eager to volunterr to defend the schools honor. These were sometimes lifechanging moments.

i finish training,showered,about to leave....i walk in on a conversation with my teacher and some asian guy's translator.(.who happens to have a killer camera setup )..." im a beginner...i would like to train with your guys".....my teacher grabs his cauliflower ear and and says.." you dont look like any beginner to me"...

My teacher looks at me and says" patches you sticking around"?...i spin right around and get changed....im met in the locker room to hear what i already nknew.."these guys go for nothing but leglocks...protect your legs"...
i go out there and within minutes the whole academy has stopped and formed a circle as i proceed to destroy this guy.

i had so many guys come up to me over the next few weeks and say how they had never been so proud to be part of a gym before.....not the same as a storm but had the same feeling as far as willing to handle shit
we find out days later the guy i think fought in pride or some other big show and had already had 7 or 8 fights

another Old Skooler remembers how it was.
1/5/13 7:35 PM
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only "dojo storms" I have seen or heard of involve a instructor who is bad mouthing another gym, or is just fake. And they are not really "storms" they are just someone showing up at a gym and looking to spar with the instructor or one of the top students.
1/5/13 7:44 PM
Gorilla_keylock

Mr. Miyagi dojo stormed... Phone Post
1/5/13 8:44 PM
UGCTT_45forever
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
1/5/13 9:10 PM
Animal Chin
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gorilla_keylock -  Mr. Miyagi dojo stormed... Phone Post

no he didn't.

he went to "ask leave boy alone."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.