UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Help! $40K of my $250K insurance claim was denied

12/26/12 8:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Don_Dada
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
12/26/12 8:27 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow's Tap In -  The fuck Dana? Phone Post

Its all dana's fault.
12/26/12 8:42 PM
Conor Heun
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC did cover the majority of the costs.

The first two surgeries where already done when they notified me about the insurance's denial of the claim.

The problem was the procedure was half done, I had hardware (screws) that needed to be removed from the right hip, and still had to repair a fracture and torn labrum on the left side.

I am only being forced to pay for the final surgery.

The irony is that the final surgery, the one I'm being asked to pay for, wasn't the PAO.

This final surgery was to remove hardware they had placed earlier (as part of the PAO), and to repair the damage to the labrum and the pelvis on my left side.

No one is disputing that the damage to the labrum and pelvis where sustained in the fight, at least not to my knowledge.
12/26/12 8:45 PM
Rear Naked Chode
632 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mod should sticky this.
12/26/12 8:47 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sorry your going through this stuff. It's very frustrating.
12/26/12 8:53 PM
kyoshi
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hoping that the UFC will step up and do the right thing
12/26/12 8:53 PM
Brian J DSouza

Wow, this sounds terrible. I really hope that in addition to donating to Connor, Americans examine the Canadian healthcare system, and implement socialized health care in the US in the coming years.

12/26/12 8:59 PM
Jsteven
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are you only being forced to pay for the treatment of the pre existing condition, did the UFC cover all costs related to the injury sustained in the fight? Not trying to be a dick, I'm just a little confused on the details. Good luck. Phone Post
12/26/12 8:59 PM
Jsteven
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian J DSouza -

Wow, this sounds terrible. I really hope that in addition to donating to Connor, Americans examine the Canadian healthcare system, and implement socialized health care in the US in the coming years.

Fuck no Phone Post
12/26/12 9:00 PM
Nitecrawler
2184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Wow that's terrible.

TTT!!!! Phone Post
12/26/12 9:02 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best of luck to you Conor. Hope to see you in the UFC at 145 in the future. Phone Post
12/26/12 9:09 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

best p

of luck to u but throwing zuffa under the bus like this prolly wasnt the best move especially when u are still under contract

12/26/12 9:12 PM
warrendale

Come on dfw he should at the very least be able to come straight to UFC. If you don't feel you need to pay anything the insurance didn't, you could still help by letting him earn you and him money by fighting in the UFC. Seems like a kick while you're down to get cut from zuffa too. Phone Post
12/26/12 9:29 PM
Rear Naked Chode
632 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rear Naked Chode - Mod should sticky this.

12/26/12 9:40 PM
UGCTT_Capnsavem
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -

best p

of luck to u but throwing zuffa under the bus like this prolly wasnt the best move especially when u are still under contract

he didn't, at least I didn't see it. he actually said that Zuffa covered most of the procedures, until the insurance co got wind of the PAO.

it's not Zuffa. it's their insurance company. Phone Post
12/26/12 9:42 PM
Lahzerous
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 

best p

12/26/12 9:46 PM
MMALOGIC

what's the total cost you're looking at?

12/26/12 9:57 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

UGCTT_Capnsavem - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -

best p

he didn't, at least I didn't see it. he actually said that Zuffa covered most of the procedures, until the insurance co got wind of the PAO.

it's not Zuffa. it's their insurance company. Phone Post

cmon now.  just read the title. 

12/26/12 10:03 PM
Rear Naked Chode

Rear Naked Chode - 
Rear Naked Chode - Mod should sticky this.

12/26/12 10:03 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jsteven -
Brian J DSouza -

Fuck no Phone Post
This, we don't need extra taxes for healthcare Phone Post
12/26/12 10:19 PM
Conor Heun
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

what's the total cost you're looking at?

I really have no idea. So far the bills I have received are for $2,648.00 for Physical therapy which I have discontinued, and one for $37,950.00 from the hosipital, anesthesia, arterial catheterization, spinal injection, and PRP.
12/26/12 11:06 PM
irish_pride
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am unsure if you are able to file a occupational injury, or if they will agree that you were born with the hip dysplasia, but might be worth a chance. Get the right doctor that says it was caused by repetetive movements related to your fighting profession and who knows.

Best of luck.
12/26/12 11:13 PM
Jspec

Conor Heun - The UFC did cover the majority of the costs.

The first two surgeries where already done when they notified me about the insurance's denial of the claim.

The problem was the procedure was half done, I had hardware (screws) that needed to be removed from the right hip, and still had to repair a fracture and torn labrum on the left side.

I am only being forced to pay for the final surgery.

The irony is that the final surgery, the one I'm being asked to pay for, wasn't the PAO.

This final surgery was to remove hardware they had placed earlier (as part of the PAO), and to repair the damage to the labrum and the pelvis on my left side.

No one is disputing that the damage to the labrum and pelvis where sustained in the fight, at least not to my knowledge.
Have you filed a appeal with the insurance company?? Phone Post
12/26/12 11:42 PM
California

subd

12/26/12 11:45 PM
caseharts
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Capnsavem -
Conor Heun - The surgeon looked at the two torn labrum and on one side he said that I had a mild case of congenital hip dysplasia.

He said that if he just repaired the labrum, that I would be at risk of re-tearing it so he performed a PAO or Periacetabular Osteotomy.

This was to prevent the injury from happening again.

The insurance denied that claim based on this being a pre-existing condition not related to the fight.

The reality is that the injury (torn labrum) was related to the fight and the doctor just wanted to make sure that once it was healed, that it didn't happen again.

However due to stipulations in the Zuffa Insurance they are denying the claim because the PAO wasn't to repair an injury, but was to prevent re-injury after the initial repair.
I fucking despise insurance companies. good luck Conor, I'll spread the word. Phone Post
Can you please give us the companies info. We got some knee caps to claim. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.