UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Help! $40K of my $250K insurance claim was denied

12/27/12 7:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Diaz50-43Failure
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post
12/27/12 7:46 AM
Chomas
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Come on BLAF help the guy out. Phone Post
12/27/12 7:57 AM
warrendale
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Russell - 

Let it be known for the record that Conor holds no ill will towards Zuffa, Strikeforce, or the UFC. They have been nothing but great to him and he isn't trying to target any of them with hhis campaign.

It's unfortunate that their insurance carrier chose to reject his claim for injuries sustained during his fight with Ryan Couture, but it's not surprising. Insurance companies aren't always as level-headed as they should be.

The point of this campaign isn't to makeStrikeforce, the UFC, or Zuffa look bad. It's to help Conor.

Hope this doesn't get missed..
12/27/12 8:16 AM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Props to Mrs. Bourdain

12/27/12 8:37 AM
jpm995
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No doubt insurance companies suck [i'm getting screwed over after house was wrecked by Sandy], Hopefully the appeal process works or Zuffa does the right thing. Could you have picked a tougher way to make a living? TTT for all the fighters.
12/27/12 8:42 AM
Jsteven
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Russell -

Let it be known for the record that Conor holds no ill will towards Zuffa, Strikeforce, or the UFC. They have been nothing but great to him and he isn't trying to target any of them with hhis campaign.

It's unfortunate that their insurance carrier chose to reject his claim for injuries sustained during his fight with Ryan Couture, but it's not surprising. Insurance companies aren't always as level-headed as they should be.

The point of this campaign isn't to makeStrikeforce, the UFC, or Zuffa look bad. It's to help Conor.

If that's the case he might want to change the thread title, goo luck Connor. Phone Post
12/27/12 8:44 AM
UGCTT_Jay Edz
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly don't get how the American medical system works. This isn't a knock, I really don't understand.

In England you get hurt, you get an op and that's pretty much the last you hear of it.

That being said, TTT and all the best. Phone Post
12/27/12 8:45 AM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jpm995, what happened ? Did they say you didn't have flood/water coverage ?

12/27/12 9:29 AM
john joe
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey
you have to be the worst kind of cnt to work in medical insurance claims assessment; spending all day trying to catch people out on technicalities

years and years ago, right after college, i had a temporary job in the claims department of a large industrial insurance company (im a law grad). There was a huge class action going on, miners with lung disease against X mining company. Our brief was, find the miners who have solid claims - and who have been laid up with emphysema and coughing themselves to death - who have been unable to work, fighting their case for years, and say to them "look, we dont think youve got a case but we will settle right now, goodwill, for £10k" etc

these miners were actually due upwards of £100k each in most cases; but many were so broke and so desperate they took the chickenshit payoff and believed what they were being told

i lasted one day training, the next day working and the day after that every file that came my way that had a legit payoof coming, i phoned them and told them do not under any circumstances accept this payment, pursue your claim to the fullest. On my fourth day i had not long arrived at my desk when security came and removed me from the premises; the phone calls had been monitored

i had money troubles of my own back then but i didnt care, i couldnt have cheated those people like that and i dont know how these medical insurance assessors can live with themselves either. They disgust me. Money is nice and business is business but to completely strip all common sense and human decency from it is disgusting to me.

its another reason i support socialized health care; we have the system here in the UK and you dont hear too much about people getting fucked over on technicalities. Usually its overworked doctors accidentally leaving scissors stitched inside you or something
12/27/12 9:31 AM
itswhitty
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aritwo - 
Authority Figure - 
ItBurnsWheniOG -  Shouldn't the doctor of ran it by your insurance to make sure they covered it so you wouldn't have to pay the bill? Phone Post

Doctors are interested in billable work. They don't give a fuck if you can afford it. What they usually do is act like it was an accident that it fell under disallowable work and offer you a payment plan. Which means they actually make MORE on the procedure. 

if the doctor was interested in getting paid, he would have made sure the insurance would pay it.

doctors/hospitals actually lose money offering payment plans and asking the patient to pay because they really have no power to force you to pay and you can just claim bankruptcy.

in reality, most doctors just write-off cases like this as pro bono and move on without getting a cent. in this case, the surgeon probably did the same because Conor isn't being charged for the actual surgery. this directly counters your inference that doctors are just trying to get make the most profit.

what happened is that the doctor did what was best for the health of his patient. usually they will cover it, but for some reason they flagged this case for denial. around 10% of our claims denied even when the paperwork was properly filed.

Voted up for truth.

12/27/12 9:44 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

one thing you should do is ask your heroic doctors to lower the bill.  they do it all the time. 

12/27/12 9:47 AM
Brian J DSouza

Agree with John Joe on the socialized health care thing, as Canada and the UK share a really good system.

12/27/12 9:53 AM
Jsteven
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian J DSouza -

Agree with John Joe on the socialized health care thing, as Canada and the UK share a really good system.

They share really good taxes as well Phone Post
12/27/12 10:00 AM
johnonguitar7

NHS > Obamacare Phone Post
12/27/12 10:01 AM
Steven McTowelie
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jsteven -
Brian J DSouza -

And here I am, living perfectly fine under said tax system... Phone Post
12/27/12 10:03 AM
michelleNrogersdumpsterbaby

I kept scrolling down through every page hoping to see DFWjr saying "fuck the insurance company, i got u covered"....way to let me down DANA
12/27/12 10:06 AM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

Edited: 12/27/12 10:07 AM

^don't do that again, fren . I deleted the name calling post.

12/27/12 10:22 AM
Loser Born Natural
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck Connor! Phone Post
12/27/12 10:25 AM
Neil Funk

Ottavia Bourdain is a great lady!
12/27/12 10:27 AM
jujubre
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad i live in France...

Yes i pay more taxes but at least i will never be in a position where i have to pay 40000 for my health.

Ttt for conor and Obama. Phone Post
12/27/12 10:43 AM
RLL
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Suck Zuffa can't help you out a little outside the insurance company.

Might make you think twice about getting injured under their umbrella  again.

12/27/12 10:53 AM
Filo_Beto

Jsteven - 
Brian J DSouza -

You have a shallow understanding of your own healthcare system. You think because the money doesn't come out of your federal taxes directly that you are not being taxed which would make you grossly misinformed.

If a person with a family of 4 wanted purchase their own healhcare because their employers don't provide them it run any where from 1500/month to 2000/month depending where you live and what type of options you choose.

If your employer does provide you with healthcare it's still not free. Some of that costs are handed down to you and taken directly from your pay check. For a single person it could be 400/month and for a family of 4 it can be as high as 700/month.

Let's not forget the bleeding doesn't stop here. Everytime you go to a doctor there is a copay fee(tax) then when you go to pick up the medication you have to pay another copay(tax). Let's not even talk about the dentist office which for many procedures it only covers 50%(root canal.) Which costed me about 600 dollars the other day.

Moral of the story is stop believing in the right wing propaganda of other countries paying higher taxes for universal healthcare when the cost of health care in your own country per capita is more then double many european countries with less succsessful outcomes.
12/27/12 10:53 AM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good Luck Phone Post
12/27/12 10:56 AM
Jsteven

Steven McTowelie -
Jsteven -
Brian J DSouza -

And here I am, living perfectly fine under said tax system... Phone Post
And her I am living with a higher portion of my hard earned money, with very good insurance provided by my employer. Phone Post
12/27/12 11:00 AM
Jsteven

Filo_Beto -
Jsteven - 
Brian J DSouza -

You have a shallow understanding of your own healthcare system. You think because the money doesn't come out of your federal taxes directly that you are not being taxed which would make you grossly misinformed.

If a person with a family of 4 wanted purchase their own healhcare because their employers don't provide them it run any where from 1500/month to 2000/month depending where you live and what type of options you choose.

If your employer does provide you with healthcare it's still not free. Some of that costs are handed down to you and taken directly from your pay check. For a single person it could be 400/month and for a family of 4 it can be as high as 700/month.

Let's not forget the bleeding doesn't stop here. Everytime you go to a doctor there is a copay fee(tax) then when you go to pick up the medication you have to pay another copay(tax). Let's not even talk about the dentist office which for many procedures it only covers 50%(root canal.) Which costed me about 600 dollars the other day.

Moral of the story is stop believing in the right wing propaganda of other countries paying higher taxes for universal healthcare when the cost of health care in your own country per capita is more then double many european countries with less succsessful outcomes.
Judging by your numbers you are te one with a shallow understanding. I am married and pay around $100 dollars for healthcare a month. Dental is $9 a month and we get 2 cleanings a year each as well as 100% coverage on minor restorative issues like fillings and root canal. 90% coverage on major and crowns. I am very familiar with how the healthcare system works. If you trust your government with extra money to make the right decisions that's your prerogative. Sorry for hijacking the thread. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.