UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Help! $40K of my $250K insurance claim was denied

12/29/12 1:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thedirtyburger
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donate if you can. And if you can donate, maybe not bash those who can't? Lucky for you to be able to spend $20 on a fighter who needs it. But don't bust a guys balls because he can't. I make $1400 a month and have a kid. I wish I could help this guy by pitching anything I could but unfortunately I have a fatherly obligation to feed my child. Good luck with your bills! If I had a green name and made a post because I was broke asking for money (for a worthy cause) I wouldn't want any flak on my thread Phone Post
12/29/12 3:07 AM
Conor Heun
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to my campaign and to all those sending positivity my way.

Follow me on Twitter @conorheun and watch me rise from the ashes to create beauty and teach balance through martial arts.
12/29/12 3:39 AM
Hessian
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

Props to Mrs. Bourdain

12/29/12 5:45 AM
Joebarbs

Loser Born Natural - Glad to see thread title changed.
Good luck Connor! Phone Post
What was the original thread title? Just curious. Phone Post
12/29/12 7:18 AM
Mega Colossus
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Conor Heun - Hey guys.

As some of you may know, I needed surgery to repair the torn labrum in both of my hips, as well as an avulsion fracture, following my bout with Ryan Couture in Strikeforce this past March.

Unfortunately, Zuffa's Insurance company has denied the claim so I am being forced to pay out of pocket to cover the surgeries.

Luckily, the guys at Fund-A-Fighter have stepped up to help me be creating a campaign to help me raise the money.

All of my friends in the MMA community have really stepped up to offer some amazing prizes and incentives for those who contribute.

If you can't contribute, help me out by spreading the word, bumping this thread, and sharing this link for me on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Thanks guys

http://fundafighter.com/fighters/conor-heun/

What's your twitter handle and were can you donate ( your not very good at this rising money shit;) I'll donate and put something on eBay for you as that suck. Makes me glad with have free health care in the UK, sorry not rubbing it in. Message me the details of what happen to you as much as you can and I'll do a blog about it (I don't know if you know but I do a blog, I don't talk about it muh;) let me know and I'll try and get it out their pal. I'll leave it in your hands to contact me. Get well soon.

12/29/12 7:20 AM
Mega Colossus
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just seen the fund a fighter thing I take it back about the funded rising comment. Your a fighter you get hit in the head for a living to I know you get it :)
12/29/12 8:41 AM
Adam Hunter
926 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Conor is one of my best friends and is an awesome person. Gonna do a show for him soon to raise some funds. We coached Middle School wrestling together. The guy has as big of a heart as anyone I ever met. Phone Post
12/29/12 3:03 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

thedirtyburger -  Donate if you can. And if you can donate, maybe not bash those who can't? Lucky for you to be able to spend $20 on a fighter who needs it. But don't bust a guys balls because he can't. I make $1400 a month and have a kid. I wish I could help this guy by pitching anything I could but unfortunately I have a fatherly obligation to feed my child. Good luck with your bills! If I had a green name and made a post because I was broke asking for money (for a worthy cause) I wouldn't want any flak on my thread Phone Post

exactly. i never discouraged anyone to donate i just offered up other avenues to pursue.  not sure why u sandy vaginas are angry. 

12/29/12 4:10 PM

and which of my posts are actual troll posts?

the 2k he raised is great but its not nearly enough to make a dent in the 40k owed...if his doc did something wrong, however, and he has a claim, then he could have an actual windfall...

12/29/12 4:21 PM
Conor Heun
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is an article on the whole deal by Damon Martin. He does a great job.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/conor-heun-documents-the-grim-story-that-may-lead-to-the-end-of-his-fighting-career
12/29/12 5:34 PM

Edited: 12/29/12 5:38 PM
mister3mma -
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -

the 2k he raised is great but its not nearly enough to make a dent in the 40k owed...if his doc did something wrong, however, and he has a claim, then he could have an actual windfall...

Your advice, however spot on in your own opinion it may be, is hardly what the threads intentions are. This man is asking for compassion. You, as a legal professional w a seemingly cynical and self centered view of the world, see no need for compassion, just proffering unsolicited advice and belittling those who choose to help by calling them " basement dwellers" I highly advise you to reflect on how these character defects were cultivated in a supposedly cultured and educated individual. I guess class and empathy weren't on the bar exam. Phone Post

Lol. I have some level of empathy for conor but to be honest it isn't at the highest level for me nor should it be. There a ton of people that are seriously down on their luck or abused in this world. Conor is a big boy and chose his profession and his course of action. Again I'm not discouraging anyone else to contribute but to question my character or say im self centered because I'm not going to contribute is ridiculous. I didny even say anything negative. Go white knight elsewhere fanboi. Phone Post

12/29/12 7:36 PM
Roland Bates
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nonfiction Hunger Games imo.

12/30/12 10:33 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

12/30/12 10:39 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, so sorry to hear about this. I've been nickled and dimed to death with medical bills past couple years. In fact, it's kept me down right strapped.

I'll try  to donate a few bucks this month. Best wishes on a speedy recovery - health and pocket book.

12/31/12 3:36 AM
kingbisping

the NHS is one good thing about living in the UK Phone Post
12/31/12 5:52 AM
MartialArtsMixed
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
12/31/12 1:13 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

12/31/12 1:58 PM

mister3mma - 
mister3mma -

Your advice, however spot on in your own opinion it may be, is hardly what the threads intentions are. This man is asking for compassion. You, as a legal professional w a seemingly cynical and self centered view of the world, see no need for compassion, just proffering unsolicited advice and belittling those who choose to help by calling them " basement dwellers" I highly advise you to reflect on how these character defects were cultivated in a supposedly cultured and educated individual. I guess class and empathy weren't on the bar exam. Phone Post

Lol. I have some level of empathy for conor but to be honest it isn't at the highest level for me nor should it be. There a ton of people that are seriously down on their luck or abused in this world. Conor is a big boy and chose his profession and his course of action. Again I'm not discouraging anyone else to contribute but to question my character or say im self centered because I'm not going to contribute is ridiculous. I didny even say anything negative. Go white knight elsewhere fanboi. Phone Post

Lol @ you bro. Because I choose to be supportive of a person I'm fanboy? You are a sad person and the material world accomplishments won't cover up your deep character deficits IMO Phone Post

no..u r a fanboi due to the fervor you express at attacking me when i didnt say or do anything negative to conor and infact gave him advice which i would give toa  client

1/1/13 3:02 PM

mister3mma - 
mister3mma - 
mister3mma -

Lol @ you bro. Because I choose to be supportive of a person I'm fanboy? You are a sad person and the material world accomplishments won't cover up your deep character deficits IMO Phone Post

no..u r a fanboi due to the fervor you express at attacking me when i didnt say or do anything negative to conor and infact gave him advice which i would give toa  client

You are a sad person Phone Post

im not the one trying to give conor an e-blowjob

1/2/13 3:42 AM
Conor Heun

Thanks to everyone who has made a contribution. I really appreciate it.
1/3/13 3:32 PM
Beeran
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT! Conor is one of the most exciting fighters out there.
1/7/13 3:45 PM
Mike Russell

TTT Phone Post
1/9/13 9:17 AM
fundafighterrob
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just wanted to send a big thank you to the ug for helping support conor and fundafighter. You guys are great! Phone Post
1/9/13 10:10 AM
Phil999

So to be clear on this.

The claim was not fully denied just 40k out of 252k?

The way this has been written is that the full claim was being denied.

Please clarify.
1/9/13 11:45 PM
Mike Russell

Phil999 - So to be clear on this.

The claim was not fully denied just 40k out of 252k?

The way this has been written is that the full claim was being denied.

Please clarify.
Cliff's Notes:

The claim was completely denied by the insurance carrier.

Zuffa stepped up and paid for the surgeries deemed necessary to repair the injuries sustained in the fight.

Conor's surgeon predicted that a similar injury would reoccur if he didn't do a third preventative surgery while he was removing the screws from the second surgery. Because they didn't authorize the last procedure, and because it was to remedy a genetic hip abnormality that predisposed him to such an injury, Zuffa isn't paying for it. Conor's surgeon felt bad and forwent his fee, leaving approximately $40,000 in hospital costs (including nurses and anesthesia). Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.