UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lauzon 'carrying the submission flag' for MMA?

12/26/12 9:05 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"Honestly, I do it for me more so than the bonuses," Lauzon said of his propensity to aggressively seek submissions. "The bonus money is nice, but I don't want to be a hypocrite and just go out there and try to win rounds. I don't want to go out there and skate through fights without trying to actually finish guys.

"If I'm not doing anything, I get bored, so I have to go out there and look for those submissions. I want to make them say, 'You're better. I give up.' … When you get a submission and the guy says, 'OK, please stop. You're going to destroy my arm,' or they get choked unconscious, then there is no question about who was the better guy."

"I kind of feel I'm a dinosaur a bit in that there aren't a whole lot of guys who hunt submissions nearly as aggressively as I do," he said. "There are definitely guys who have good submissions, but I feel like I go out there in every fight constantly looking for the submission. There are so many guys who seem content to win decisions and just win round after round after round.

"They do it, but they're not finishing guys. I feel like I'm one of those guys who is carrying the submission flag. There's not a whole lot of us."

read entire article...

12/26/12 9:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I appreciate you, Joe.
12/26/12 9:15 PM
PayItForward
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for joe... he's a finisher.
12/26/12 9:21 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's always a great fight when Jlau is in the cage. The loudest I ever heard a live crowd was when he smashed Cakezilla and the tried to separate his arm from his body. The crowd went absolutely crazy. Keep kicking ass Joe! Phone Post
12/26/12 9:57 PM
ItBurnsWheniOG
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get Aoki in the UFC as let these two grapple... I'd cream in my pants. Phone Post
12/26/12 10:02 PM
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Each and every fight is an opportunity for a fighter to build on their career legacy, to create those moments people will remember for years if not generations to come. Lauzon seems to get that, and goes for that moment every time.

Makes for damn exciting fights and nobody's got a problem with that. Crazy killer instinct.
12/26/12 10:13 PM
Pikes
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one wants to miss a show with Joe on it. Guaranteed to get a good fight. Can't say that for more than a handful of guys on the roster. Phone Post
12/26/12 10:34 PM
Purgey
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ItBurnsWheniOG - Get Aoki in the UFC as let these two grapple... I'd cream in my pants. Phone Post
Exhibition grappling match?

Shinya gets bingo'd otherwise. Phone Post
12/26/12 10:43 PM
Bill Pharoni
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe is the man and it makes me proud to have him as a fellow member of the UG.
12/26/12 10:44 PM
ItBurnsWheniOG
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Purgey -
ItBurnsWheniOG - Get Aoki in the UFC as let these two grapple... I'd cream in my pants. Phone Post
Exhibition grappling match?

Shinya gets bingo'd otherwise. Phone Post
Either way lets get them on the mat! Phone Post
12/26/12 10:50 PM
Jason
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin
UGCTT_sakurabas ear -  It's always a great fight when Jlau is in the cage. The loudest I ever heard a live crowd was when he smashed Cakezilla and the tried to separate his arm from his body. The crowd went absolutely crazy. Keep kicking ass Joe! Phone Post

yeah that was in Boston of course! the official "Lauzon" section that were people who bough tickets from Joe, was about 400 people. It was unbelievable watching hiim annhiliate someone at a hometown show

12/26/12 10:59 PM
brixx139
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt. My favorite fighter.

WAR J-LAU!!! Phone Post
12/26/12 11:33 PM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

What is Joe? A Brown Belt in the gi? Phone Post
12/26/12 11:35 PM
Sourire
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of fighters have been hyping themselves lately with questionable comments.

But Joe Lauzon is 100% right here. Joe is an absolute badass and I always look forward to his fights.
12/26/12 11:40 PM
Rear Naked Chode
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Leben is a Zombie -  What is Joe? A Brown Belt in the gi? Phone Post

His wiki says purple, but I don't know how accurate that is.

WAR LAUZON
12/27/12 12:43 AM
Mufasatheking

Joe is the man, i hope he continues dominating for years to come
12/27/12 1:18 AM
Joe Lauzon
800 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Twitter, Director of Awesome
ttt Phone Post
12/27/12 2:37 AM
OUTCOLD
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe is good
12/27/12 3:09 AM
Dan O'Connell
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe crack the dog!
12/27/12 3:10 AM
gspisimpressed

Edited: 12/27/12 3:15 AM
nate and louzon are the king at this
12/27/12 3:15 AM
tenfeethigh
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/27/12 3:16 AM
Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman -  It's creepy how much I like Joe lol Phone Post

This :) one of my favourite fighters. Exciting as fuck and a class act. TUF 5 was the first series of TUF I saw and since then Joe and Nate Diaz have been 2 fighters I would always pay to watch. VTFU!!!

12/27/12 3:19 AM
X_Rated
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see him training in a gi sometime! I wonder if he does much grappling in the gi Phone Post
12/27/12 3:57 AM
Dan O'Connell
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe is thick, tight and solid.
12/27/12 11:14 AM
time traveling 12er
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's refreshing to hear a fighter that doesn't want to just creep up the imaginary rankings and doesn't whine about what he thinks he's owed.
12/27/12 12:43 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.