UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> The Death of Retail Book Stores....

12/27/12 10:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sloppy2nds
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Happens even in the biggest chains...

"No we don't have it in stock, but I can order it and have it for you in a few days...."

"Yeah, so can I...."

Kind of sad, but if actually want to run out get a physical copy of the book I want today, they often can't deliver on that, so what's the point?

12/31/12 1:48 AM
RKing85
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

we got 2 big books stores in our town. They are about 3 blocks apart (City of 200,000)

Between the two of them, I very rarely have to order anything I want online.
1/4/13 11:37 PM
raoulDuke
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^your taste must suck
1/6/13 11:14 AM
HULC
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I live in London, and we have many large book stores, and i still have to go online A LOT to find the books i want.
1/8/13 10:16 PM
Entreri

Edited: 01/08/13 10:16 PM
Kindle. I love my Kindle.

Digital Age.

In a couple of decades, a tablet PC could hold all the written knowledge of the world.
1/9/13 3:42 PM
sloppy2nds
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Kindle is so awesome for impulsive book buys....finished the first and want to start the sequel immediately?  Nothing better than that.  Sometimes I actually want the book itself and I want to get it now, but the bookstores tend to disappoint.

3/4/14 11:55 AM
B17
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive been doing all my reading from second hand books. Half Price Books here has A LOT of titles.

Been able to find almost everything I need.

However, while Im reading one book I am constantly on the search for the next one and the one after that. I have my next 10 or so books already purchased.

If I see one I like, I buy it. I will get to it eventually.

If they dont have it then I will buy it from B&N. You can check to make sure they have it on their site before you go to that specific store.
4/18/14 1:01 PM
Entreri

Haven't gone to a bookstore in 5 years or so.

Online, so much more convenient, Kindle is the best.

I have no desire to ever own a physical book.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.