UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Quitting BJJ

12/27/12 11:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jackandcoke02
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks and I don't have that aching feeling to be on the mats anymore. It will be 4 years in January and I'm pretty close to getting my purple but I just don't give a fuck about bjj anymore. Also fuck skin infections and injuries, going back to picking up weights and putting them down. I'm just glad I'm leaving bjj without any life long injuries.
12/27/12 11:53 AM
Weinstein

Take that $200/month you're saving and stick it in a mutual fund.
12/27/12 12:01 PM
allchokedup
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do it, you suck anyway
12/27/12 1:26 PM
brixx139

allchokedup - do it, you suck anyway
I see your pattern of being a dick doesnt stop at hurting your teammates with face chokes. Now that I know the kind of poster you are I can stop arguing with you. Phone Post
12/27/12 1:28 PM
brixx139

jackandcoke02 - Haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks and I don't have that aching feeling to be on the mats anymore. It will be 4 years in January and I'm pretty close to getting my purple but I just don't give a fuck about bjj anymore. Also fuck skin infections and injuries, going back to picking up weights and putting them down. I'm just glad I'm leaving bjj without any life long injuries.
Maybe all you need is some time off. Happens to a lot of people. Maybe after youre back to "picking up weights and putting them down" for awhile and you see the calibre of people that activity attracts, youll see again why people love this sport and the community it creates. Phone Post
12/27/12 1:31 PM
allchokedup
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brixx139 - 
allchokedup - do it, you suck anyway
I see your pattern of being a dick doesnt stop at hurting your teammates with face chokes. Now that I know the kind of poster you are I can stop arguing with you. Phone Post

who comes here to tell people they quit?
i was just kidding man, simmer down.
yes , i will choke your face if you put it in the way however
12/27/12 2:42 PM
vegard
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It ain't for everybody
12/27/12 2:50 PM
raleigh

ttt.

try 17 years.
12/27/12 6:58 PM
biggator
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what affiliation? maybe switch it up before you leave it and see what another school has to offer.
12/27/12 7:38 PM
JasonGV
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jackandcoke02 - Haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks and I don't have that aching feeling to be on the mats anymore. It will be 4 years in January and I'm pretty close to getting my purple but I just don't give a fuck about bjj anymore. Also fuck skin infections and injuries, going back to picking up weights and putting them down. I'm just glad I'm leaving bjj without any life long injuries.

Good for you. Hope you got something out of those 4 years, whether it be some self-defense skills, new friends or just fun memories.

But consider that BJJ doesn't have to be an all or nothing endevour. If you have a couple of like minded friends you can keep up some informal training, and if so inclined can get back on the mat without too difficulty.

12/27/12 8:45 PM
The Mat Pimp
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You will be missed. :)
12/27/12 10:57 PM
joshjitsu

jackandcoke02 - Haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks and I don't have that aching feeling to be on the mats anymore. It will be 4 years in January and I'm pretty close to getting my purple but I just don't give a fuck about bjj anymore. Also fuck skin infections and injuries, going back to picking up weights and putting them down. I'm just glad I'm leaving bjj without any life long injuries.

I'm sure you were real close to purple...

I'm guessing you got passed over 3 weeks ago at the belting ceremony?
12/27/12 11:51 PM
TheBulgarianAssassin
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/28/12 12:30 AM
DIMA

joshjitsu -

This Phone Post
12/28/12 10:06 AM
Squishyman12
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bro I think alot of people have been through what your going through.take some time off and you can always come back. Just as long as you enjoyed your time training who cares. I have been through this issue and to be honest jiujitsu has always been there for me. My instructors and teammates always supported me. So good luck. Phone Post
12/28/12 11:11 AM
bgup619
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joshjitsu - 

josh always saying what everyones thinking... lol
12/28/12 12:00 PM
joshjitsu

bgup619 -
joshjitsu - 

josh always saying what everyones thinking... lol
I can't help it lol

The crazy thing is I do that in my everyday life... Not always the best idea though... Phone Post
12/28/12 3:34 PM
Christophr

It's not for everyone. Have a nice life!
12/28/12 4:17 PM
shoudawhouda
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there two joshjitsus that post on the atama forum? So confusing! Phone Post
12/28/12 6:42 PM
Jessy30
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to agree with the "dicks" A) I will face choke the SHIT out of you if you defend your neck with it. B) Who the hell comes here to say they quit? C) Sounds like another belt hunter trying to save face after getting passed for a belt promotion...though my first thought is you mad cause a white belt took you to task. Suck it up nancy boy, you have much to live for. Phone Post
12/28/12 7:20 PM
joshjitsu

shoudawhouda - Is there two joshjitsus that post on the atama forum? So confusing! Phone Post
Not that I'm aware of. Although there may be a Joejitsu Phone Post
12/30/12 9:45 PM
BigEyedFish

this is why I always say purple is the hardest belt to get. Its a real turning point/weeding tool
1/5/13 12:39 AM
Pride Wanderlei

BigEyedFish - this is why I always say purple is the hardest belt to get. Its a real turning point/weeding tool
Yup, lots of people quit at blue Phone Post
1/5/13 7:10 PM
scubad
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you don't want to do it then don't.

On the other hand: a bad instructor/club will break your spirit and attract douche students.
Been there myself.
If you get the passion back then try another team and you may find what you were missing.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.