UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: I hope more fighters come out

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/27/12 12:12 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

No currently active athlete on a major professional male sports team has publicly come out as gay.

Simple statistics tell us there are plenty, but as UFC President Dana White said Tuesday on Showtime's "Jim Rome: Live," sports need more brave athletes like Liz Carmouche.

"I love it," said White. "I think what it's going to take is it's going to take some brave people. If you are gay, you're going to have to be brave, and you're going to have to come out say it.

"But people are very worried about it. Not just athletes, but actors and actresses in Hollywood, they're nervous about what's going to happen to them and their careers if they come out and say they are."

"It's 2013. I still think it's ridiculous that the government can tell two people who love each other they can't get married.

"I'm happy to have her. She's our first openly gay fighter, and I hope more [come out]."

Read entire article...

12/27/12 12:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kirik
2319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

Very cool

12/27/12 12:17 PM
lildragonof
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everything for ratings I guess. Phone Post
12/27/12 12:18 PM
Right Hand JO Power
1488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana has inspired me to come out. I'm gay! Marry me Dana! Phone Post
12/27/12 12:20 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/27/12 12:35 PM
IHangFromBJsBallSack

If any fighter came out I really couldn't care less, but this place would explode cause mma fans suuuck. Phone Post
12/27/12 1:00 PM
narsil x anduril
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blue namer please?

http://youtu.be/yPvVnrV1tow
12/27/12 1:06 PM
The Mammoth
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ no major professional sports team.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Fashanu

Dude played for England international football squad as well as a variety of premiership clubs

However, he got such bad reception from homophobic assholes nobody in the premier league has openly come out since

RIP Fash' Phone Post
12/27/12 1:07 PM
Smellde Gluve
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whatever his reasons are, I agree wholeheartedly with what he's saying.

12/27/12 1:10 PM
kingkoopa

I really don't care if a fighter is gay. It's not my business. Why someone would want to make a press statement or a public announcement about it is beyond me.

I seriously doubt Dana cares he only wants the ratings the "controversy" would create. Plus he would then get a bigger hold of the gay market.

As far as the stats, that prove there has to be gay athletes, it's all hog wash Phone Post
12/27/12 1:13 PM
deadlysyn

I hope this has openned the door for GSP to come out, along with Rory MacDonald and Mike Richie. 

12/27/12 1:14 PM
Zomby

Not just fighters but fight promoters should come out too.

12/27/12 1:14 PM
Collin Reuter
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beep Phone Post
12/27/12 1:24 PM
B_Goetz

Half the women in this sport are lesbians. He's trying to get attention for his headliners any way he can, but it isn't going to set the world on it's ear that a ton of female cage fighters are lesbians. I don't think the Carmouche thing is gaining any traction.
12/27/12 1:29 PM
SlickPacific

Edited: 12/27/12 2:30 PM
How enlightened and edgy of him, he should go on the view now.
12/27/12 1:30 PM
UGSlapshot

I don't care if a fighter is gay but I don't care to hear about it either.

You wont see me wearing shirts or a mouthpiece that exclaim my heterosexuality because its normal so is homosexuality and I think its not appropriate to milk your sexual preference for support. Phone Post
12/27/12 1:30 PM
kingkoopa

Nick Fury - I hope more fighters come out and say if they are straight or not too. Not enough fighters tell us their sexual proclivities.

/S
I know right lol.

All straight fighters should publicly come out and say they're straight! Lol

Ironic how sexual preference is no ones bidness but the same people who pull that card against homophobes love supporting gay parades and things of the sort.

Fuck hate based on sexual preference and Fuck people showing off their sexual preference Phone Post
12/27/12 2:14 PM
Kimbos Bread
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

Very cool

This Phone Post
12/27/12 2:42 PM
Eliddle
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGSlapshot -  I don't care if a fighter is gay but I don't care to hear about it either.

You wont see me wearing shirts or a mouthpiece that exclaim my heterosexuality because its normal so is homosexuality and I think its not appropriate to milk your sexual preference for support. Phone Post

Same could be said about any fighter who does the same thing with their race.
12/27/12 2:46 PM
SamboMMA

The Douchebag market must have dried up so now he's trying for the Gay Market. He's still trying for the Latino Maket with that whole Brown Pride 2 nonsense.
12/27/12 2:55 PM
SonofJockstrap
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do people's sexual preferences only matter if they're gay? Double-standard much? It's a fucking non-issue. People aren't necessarily staying in the closet by not outing themselves, they're just not allowing their sexuality to define who they are. 

12/27/12 2:59 PM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

The Mammoth -  lol @ no major professional sports team.

Dude played for England international football squad as well as a variety of premiership clubs

However, he got such bad reception from homophobic assholes nobody in the premier league has openly come out since

RIP Fash' Phone Post

I'm not a scientist, but considering that guy is dead, I dont think he qualifies...

No currently active athlete on a major professional male sports team has publicly come out as gay.

12/27/12 3:23 PM
othree
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mammoth -  lol @ no major professional sports team.

RIP Fash' Phone Post

Oh come on buddy, we all know soccer isn't a real sport.

In all seriousness, RIP Fash. It's a god damn shame he ended his life the way he did, as it came out a bit afterwards that the investigation was dropped due to lack of evidence and he wasn't going to face any charges. Still, it had to be hard to carry that burden for so many years during a much more unaccepting time.

12/27/12 3:33 PM
beanouno
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do people care? Phone Post
12/27/12 3:39 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So if gay pride = rainbow colors,
Whats are straight pride colors?.....
Just curious....I mean wondering!
Whew..... :-) Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.