UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JDS smashing the mitts with Glaube Feitosa

12/27/12 4:02 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

PortaldovtTV shows UFC Heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos hitting with mitts, held by trainer Glaube Feitosa, in preparation for Saturday night's UFC 155.

The Brazilian Feitosa started in Kyokushin full contact karate, before competing in K-1, where he was one of the best fighters in the organization to never hold the title. Among many others, he holds a victory over Alistair Overeem.

Heavy hitting starts at the 3:02 mark.

If Feitosa can develop dos Santos's kicks to even a fraction of where his hands are, the prospect is frightening. And a quick glance at this highlight shows what Glaube knows about kicks.

12/27/12 4:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OneGloveJimmerson
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Feitosa's Question Mark kick is one of the deadliest I've ever seen in K1. He'd tire his opponents out with body work and thats when he ends their night by whipping up the foot!
12/27/12 5:58 PM
bigdee1983420
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Training with Glaube will make Junior a more complete,better all around striker than he already is. Glaube is a legend of the K-1 with his elite Kyocushin Karate skils ala Brazilian kick. JDS evovles his kicking/knees game with his Boxing attack look out people. JDS vs Overeem 2013,probably the greatest HWT MMA fight of all time.
12/27/12 6:02 PM
Brian J DSouza
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's cool. It's interesting to note some of Glaube's wins-- KO of Allistair Overeem in kickboxing, wins over Cheick Kongo, Dewey Cooper, Carter Williams.

He's really good, to say the least!

12/27/12 7:47 PM
EG6
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glaube Feitosa's Brazilian kick was absolutely the best I've seen in K-1. Hope JDS continues to work his kickboxing with him, cause his boxing is already top notch. Imagine if he can get his kickboxing up to par with his boxing.

Damn!
12/27/12 8:00 PM
Kirik
1783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
EG6 - Glaube Feitosa's Brazilian kick was absolutely the best I've seen in K-1. Hope JDS continues to work his kickboxing with him, cause his boxing is already top notch. Imagine if he can get his kickboxing up to par with his boxing.

Damn!

+1

12/27/12 8:46 PM
VictorG

Looks good! Phone Post
12/28/12 12:22 AM
Enemies

Arms don't look natural in the picture on the main page.
12/28/12 1:10 AM
rnunz
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS by ? Kick KO.

12/28/12 1:16 AM
Brian Rule
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sweet vid. love the shots added in as follow ups.. the cross after the switch kick, and the lead hook after the rear low kick
12/28/12 1:18 AM
yellow wrkahlc

If JDS knocks Cain out with a headkick, I will absolutely lose my shit.

12/28/12 2:32 AM
absoluteidiot
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc -

If JDS knocks Cain out with a headkick, I will absolutely lose my shit.

Yes! Phone Post
12/28/12 3:51 AM
jmont

. Phone Post
12/28/12 3:54 AM
gspisimpressed

Edited: 12/28/12 4:02 AM
jds is a monster.

this fight saturday is going to be insane when i think about it.

its such a good match-up.

cain is definitely the man who is the biggest threat to JDS, overeem isn't, overeem gets KO'ed by JDS. cain is JDS's biggest threat because superior wrestling which i believe is JDS's weakness/way to dethrone him.

if cain doesn't succeed this saturday in defeating JDS, i believe truly that no-one will. overeem, jones, it won't happen, they will get KO'ed'''
12/28/12 3:59 AM
ANT_P1989
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Mama there goes that man."

JDS by KO/TKO.....Again Phone Post
12/28/12 4:12 AM
ANT_P1989
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gspisimpressed - jds is a monster.

this fight saturday is going to be insane when i think about it.

its such a good match-up.

cain is definitely the man who is the biggest threat to JDS, overeem isn't, overeem gets KO'ed by JDS. cain is JDS's biggest threat because superior wrestling which i believe is JDS's weakness/way to dethrone him.

if cain doesn't succeed this saturday in defeating JDS, i believe truly that no-one will. overeem, jones, it won't happen, they will get KO'ed'''
I don't believe JDS has any weaknesses. He doesn't get taken down, best footwork at HW, great stand-up, uses angles, combos are crisp and powerful, etc.

He isn't a stand still opponent, I think folks are gonna be afraid to shoot. Phone Post
12/28/12 4:36 AM
Mmanizzle

The Axe Kick is such a beautiful thing to see executed... Would like to see it utilized more but fighters with weak ground games won't throw those kicks cuz they don't wanna get taken down...
12/28/12 9:15 AM
StretchPlum

Feitosa's fight with Goodridge, where he landed that kick to the head viciously, didn't help poor Gary.
12/28/12 9:18 AM
Gokudamus stole my name
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StretchPlum - Feitosa's fight with Goodridge, where he landed that kick to the head viciously, didn't help poor Gary.

Gary lost some teeth in that fight
12/28/12 10:13 AM
The Swinging Richard
432 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
12/28/12 2:35 PM
clevelandkid

Pretty scary to consider JDS is still getting better.
12/28/12 11:14 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its nice to see him incorporate some kicks in his stand -up. Still i was not overly impressed. His kicks did not look that great. It doesn't matter though because his boxing is enough to win him fights (combined with his footwork and take-down defense). Cain still takes it in the legkick department though.

I will be curious to see if JDS will resolve to using his kicks,especially if Cain is able to put him under a little pressure.

The again it is all about Cain ability to take the fight to the ground. If JDS is able to stuff the take-down or avoid it long enough it will be an easy fight for him. But i am still putting my cash on Cain. JDS is good but the first fight was a bit of a fluke. JDS still have a big chance of beating Cain and deserves the favorite status but to many people are sleeping on Cain abilities here (including some bookies).

12/28/12 11:54 PM
AttentionDeficitDizzle
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just watching him punch for a couple minutes I can already identify two major fundamental weaknesses a good striker would exploit.

1. He opens up when he throws, does not protect himself, and is always exposed while he throws punches. A decent counter-puncher would only need 1 round to counter him and start confusing him and reduce him to pacing and being tentative and boring to watch. He leaves his head open, has no fundamental movement in how he throws that protects his head, which hardly moves.

All Cain would need to do is move forward left or right, under or over those punches, and counter. He could step in and come over that jab with a right hand and JDS would have his head just sitting there waiting to be hit. Most fighters probably move back and step away from JDS, which is a poor strategy because of his speed and reach and accuracy when he has distance. You don't want to give him distance. You need to cut him off coming forward and get inside him and come over his jab and step around him and hook him down and up. Guys like him have nothing without distance and their opponents move backward away from their power. When they can come forward and step into punches throwing those lazy wide open punches and their opponent isn't cutting them off making them pay for it, they get confident and keep coming forward and learn those kinds of habits. If he's had good competition in the ring he would be getting caught and confused early in fights.

2. JDS isn't pivoting into his punches with natural body movement where he's moving his head and shoulders and swaying in and out and efficiently breathing and throwing combinations that are natural shots.

This means not only is he exposed and not covering up, but he's predictable and inefficient, which means if you engage him and keep him busy punching while cutting him off then he'll tire quickly. No one who fights like that can avoid getting tired late in a fight. If Cain bangs inside with him and counters him, ties him up, does not create a lot of distance for JDS to open up and get space to unload his power, then JDS will tire. Cain should continuously pressure JDS and move forward into him, step around him to the side away from his power hand, go to the body, tie him up and frustrate him, counter him, it'll be easy to wear him out and set him up for the KO or a to be taken down. He needs to not let JDS have distance to throw those power shots. That's scary for a lot of guys because it goes against instinct but against poor punchers it is gold.
12/29/12 12:33 AM
dawley
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
12/29/12 8:15 PM
AttentionDeficitDizzle
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ My prediction based on my analysis is that Cain wins if he moves forward, uses pressure, and moves his head and tries to counter.

^JDS will win if Cain backs up on the feet and doesn't move forward defensively.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.