UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Looking for a place to train judo in Miami..

12/27/12 5:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nolaguy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any recommendations or places that I should stay away from?

I'm 42 and no body issues due to age and have a Tkd background.

Thanks for any tips. Phone Post
12/28/12 6:08 AM
judoblackbelt
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One thing for sure there are excellent judo clubs in the Miami area. I can't find the listing it must of been removed from the USA judo website. You can inquire on USA Judo facebook page with a post,some judo names in that area are Jhonny Prado chata29@aol.com, Milda Navarro, melindanavarro@aol.com. There was a similar post about a year ago.Hope some forum members are from that area to give you specifics.
12/30/12 10:19 PM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go to the Budokan. By far the best club in the area. Of late there have been a few others that have been good too, but none of them hasavoided controversy art every turn. e athletes and success that Evelio Garcia h has.... Guys like Orlando Fuentes, Kiko Viera, Jose Bencosme, Dr. Christina Yannestos, and a ton more... Not just great judo, but great people who have avoided controversy and done things the right way. I would send my own kids there if I lived in Miami.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.