UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cain's Dad and "Brown Pride"

12/31/12 7:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DeLurked
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Brown" has two less letters in it than "Mexican," and therefore cheaper. Quandary solved. Phone Post
12/31/12 8:08 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DeLurked -  "Brown" has two less letters in it than "Mexican," and therefore cheaper. Quandary solved. Phone Post

Smartest thing I heard all day. It's only 8:07, but I'm pretty confident that it won't be topped. 

12/31/12 8:51 AM
garagetrainedloser
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Olive Garden Table For One -
DeLurked -  "Brown" has two less letters in it than "Mexican," and therefore cheaper. Quandary solved. Phone Post

Smartest thing I heard all day. It's only 8:07, but I'm pretty confident that it won't be topped. 

Agree Phone Post
12/31/12 11:15 AM
canofsticks
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

/thread

Nothing more to see here people. Move along.
12/31/12 1:00 PM
DeLurked
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're all making me blush! Phone Post
1/1/13 9:08 PM
bamx2
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/2/13 8:22 AM
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sugar Dick - 

Vote down for bringing up the dumb tattoo debate again. If Cain is racist I don't give a fuck, everyone is racist to some degree

Vote me down? You know how I know you are the gay?

1/2/13 8:28 AM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lupo you rock d.a.t.e. s?

1/2/13 8:54 AM

DamnSevern - 

lupo you rock d.a.t.e. s?

Na, strictly old school Puma and Adidas. Classic trainers only.

9/19/13 11:39 PM
gooddoc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt

9/20/13 8:32 AM
Bobby Lupo

Turdkutter - I have no problem with it, as long as white dudes can get a white power tattoo. Phone Post 3.0

Doesn't Pat Healy have some kind of Irish tattoo?
9/20/13 8:33 AM
Bobby Lupo

I posted better when I drank

why doesn't it say "Mexican Pride" or "Chicano Pride"? That would make fucking sense.

My Tazmanian devil tattoo has an Italian flag, not a flag of all white people countries because I rep the tricolor, as Cain would if he was only concerned about his Mexican heritage and not skin color. I don't care about skin color. I cheer as hard when Mario Balotelli scores for Italy as I did when it was Luca Toni or Roberto Baggio scoring.

What struggle you think he had that every other immigrant family (including me and my own) didn't have. Gimme a fucking break.

9/20/13 9:46 AM
gabemadrid
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - I posted better when I drank

why doesn't it say "Mexican Pride" or "Chicano Pride"? That would make fucking sense.

My Tazmanian devil tattoo has an Italian flag, not a flag of all white people countries because I rep the tricolor, as Cain would if he was only concerned about his Mexican heritage and not skin color. I don't care about skin color. I cheer as hard when Mario Balotelli scores for Italy as I did when it was Luca Toni or Roberto Baggio scoring.

What struggle you think he had that every other immigrant family (including me and my own) didn't have. Gimme a fucking break.

He wasn't born in Mexico.

Sometimes when people called Chicanos it means someone born in the US but not accepted and not a naturally born Mexican.

He's pretty accepted. His friends seem to be of all races including white.

He also didn't speak Spanish very well he's definitely improved but I think that's the UFC getting those Mexican PPV purchasers in the US. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 10:02 AM
NukSooCow
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Brown" means Mexican as far as the tattoo goes. Not literally brown. Look at Canelo Alvarez. He's Mexican and he looks like Conan O'Brien. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 10:06 AM
gabemadrid
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - I posted better when I drank

I think it's a bad tattoo but I don't think it means the same as

"My race is superior and hitler was right and we need to exterminate all these people that aren't like us and make a super race because that's what god wanted."

There's a lot of guilt with being a first generation American coming from a Latin country. The economic situation in many countries isn't that great. Unlike a South Korean moving to the US and having a business even before he learns English.

Guilt from having the spoils of your parents hardwork. That you'll never have to do what they did to make money. That's the way he's choosing to honor them. That's his choice but it doesn't mean he's a brown supremacist. That just sounds silly.

He has a silly tattoo also. It doesn't look cool I think it sounds stupid. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 10:06 AM
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mit - I don't understand the hoopla over the Brown Pride tattoo? Is it a gang thing? I'm Canadian...I just assummed it meant Mexican pride?

Just google La Raza. Means "the race". That's the philosophy. Or, it's just an insignificant tattoo without much meaning.

The PC kiddies don't really have any integrity or principles, so they can't acknowledge it, but yeah... It's a racist tattoo, by definition.

Cain isn't a Mexican, and Mexico isn't a skin color anyway.
9/20/13 10:07 AM
gabemadrid

NukSooCow - "Brown" means Mexican as far as the tattoo goes. Not literally brown. Look at Canelo Alvarez. He's Mexican and he looks like Conan O'Brien. Phone Post 3.0
Ginger Matt Hughes Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 10:10 AM
gabemadrid

stonepony -
Mit - I don't understand the hoopla over the Brown Pride tattoo? Is it a gang thing? I'm Canadian...I just assummed it meant Mexican pride?

Just google La Raza. Means "the race". That's the philosophy. Or, it's just an insignificant tattoo without much meaning.

The PC kiddies don't really have any integrity or principles, so they can't acknowledge it, but yeah... It's a racist tattoo, by definition.

La raza pura is racist. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 6:25 PM
Wasa-B
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Olive Garden Table For One - 

This is a picture of Cain's father 

That man doesn't look brown at all, he looks like Don Johnson. In fact, 96.5% of my cousins in Italy are more brown, but couldn't rock a Brown Pride tat. 

Cain says that he got the tattoo because of his family's struggle. OK sure.

If you don't want to answer lots of questions about a questionable tattoo, don't put one on yourself

"In fact, 96.5% of my cousins in Italy are more brown,"

So Dennis Hopper wasnt just talking shit in True Romance after all?
9/20/13 6:47 PM
MattyECB
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  The guy who thinks anyone who had an ancestor live in Italy 300 years ago is an inherently better fighter is going to complain that Cain's dad, who is actually from Mexico, isn't brown enough.

Voted down. Phone Post

Maybe you don't undersand, so let me explain to you. If I'm proud to be Italian I don't make a tattoo on myself that says "White(ish) Pride", I go a little more specific and make it a puro greaseball tat like Sakara's. Comprende? Capice? Understand?

His father looks like Don Johnson, there is no discussion that his father is not a so called brown man. He's not even a particularly tan white man. He's a white guy that happens to be Mexican. 

This is true. 

I'm sorry if the UG cannot comprehend this flaw in the tattoo mythology. 

Vote me down, fanook. I let my haterz be my motivatorz

You're being silly...

I agree with you it's a stupid tat because it should focus on a nationality, not a color, but you practically undercut your own argument by showing how white Cain's father is.

Judging by the actual color of the tattoo's inspiration, it's pretty fucking clear Cain didn't mean Brown as in skin-color, but as a loose symbol for Mexican heritage. He'd probably consider Canelo Alvarez brown, but a much darker Sri Lankan not at all.

Just like the adoption of black as a positive descriptor didn't mean only black Wesley Snipes type motherfuckers could say they were proud to be black, but people from a perceived cultural heritage could lay claim to it.

I'm not saying it's the smartest tat, but it's retarded how obsessed ppl get with it, how they try to warp its intended purpose, and how they could be fucking dumb enough to compare it to a White Power slogan...
If anything, white power is offensive to fucking Italians too, considering half of Europe wanted to eugenicize the Southerners like Portugal, Italy and Greece -- and how little Italy supported aryan supremacy, although they were fans of fascism and its associated reforms

One of these terms has a long history steeped in Aryan supremacy, international conflict and its adoption by hate-groups across the globe, while the other has a bunch of dumbass gangsters from the Barrio tatted up with it... Not fucking equivalent.
9/20/13 6:52 PM
MattyECB
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - 

I'm the opposite of PC -- I think Cain should be allowed to say whatever the fuck he wants, tattoo whatever the fuck he wants, and we should be allowed to respond to it however the fuck we want

I just think its lunacy to equate this to some type of gang-affiliation or hatred of white people.

God knows it's still moderately smarter than the chest-cock or old-chinese-lesbian-cosplaying-as-Johnny-Cash tattoos
9/20/13 8:07 PM
Bobby Lupo

Matty, The biggest nazis of them all were big fans of the Italians. That guy with the funny mustache swagger jacked Benny Moussolini.
9/20/13 8:08 PM
Bobby Lupo

Wasa-B - 

This is a picture of Cain's father 

That man doesn't look brown at all, he looks like Don Johnson. In fact, 96.5% of my cousins in Italy are more brown, but couldn't rock a Brown Pride tat. 

Cain says that he got the tattoo because of his family's struggle. OK sure.

If you don't want to answer lots of questions about a questionable tattoo, don't put one on yourself

"In fact, 96.5% of my cousins in Italy are more brown,"

So Dennis Hopper wasnt just talking shit in True Romance after all?

No, no, no. Cain's pops is pink like a real deal white man, ain't even brown or olive.
9/21/13 6:14 AM
Megatherium
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr Velasquez is a white white.
9/21/13 8:20 PM
Bobby Lupo

EEKS - Hey how bout, who cares?
U must care enough to post. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.