UnderGround Forums >> Cain's Dad and "Brown Pride"

12/28/12 10:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
udk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1_less_name - 
Ramon Maroni - definately a gang tattoo
I agree.

If it wasn't gang related and racist it would say "Mexican Pride" or "Latino Pride"

Brown is a color, not a place.

No brainer here not sure why alot of people excuse and justify this. Phone Post

they've been brain washed into thinking only white people can be racist. it's counter productive.
12/28/12 10:53 PM
udk

ps. i don't know about cain's mom, but his dad is clearly a white hispanic (of spanish/euro decent).
12/28/12 11:00 PM
Pessimist_Pete

udk - ps. i don't know about cain's mom, but his dad is clearly a white hispanic (of spanish/euro decent).
spanish/euro pride Phone Post
12/28/12 11:01 PM
ufcman187

Mit - I don't understand the hoopla over the Brown Pride tattoo? Is it a gang thing? I'm Canadian...I just assummed it meant Mexican pride?

Even if he does mean Mexican pride, What can a White American get put on his body? My roots come from Germany. A white man with a German heritage......... who lives in WV. lol. I am not raciest, and after seeing Cain's wife ( HOT ) I don't think he is either. I am just curious what your opinion would be. White trash across the stomach is acceptable but white pride isn't?
12/28/12 11:03 PM
Kane

Obviously, this comes up a lot... I think it's actually a a pretty nuanced situation.

Cain seems like a good guy. He works hard, doesn't seem to do anything stupid or get in legal trouble. I like him.

That said, there's the gang connection... and there's also the fact that having "pride" in skin color is going to just inherently seem messed up to many people (myself included, to some degree, anyway). I think there's no getting around that part of it... but I still like Cain.

Look at it this way: Cain gets that tat when he's much younger than he is now. He's a hard worker who is making the most of the opportunity he has because of his parents' sacrifices. He gets a tat to honor that, but because he's 19 (or whatever age he was when he did this), he's not that careful about it. He has to know about the gang thing (seems naive to think he didn't), but he's not a gangbanger. He doesn't stop to think that a flag or a different term than "brown" would make a big difference. He gets the tat... he figures it honors his parents... he's still a good guy and a hard worker. It's unfortunate that he didn't think about it more carefully, but he was young and his intentions were (mostly) good. And it's not like it's easy to go back and change a tat.

I'm not a fan of Cain's tattoo, but I have nothing against Cain. Everybody makes some bad decisions, and it's not that hard for me to picture the thought process/state of mind that led to his tattoo... stuff like that happens.

That's my take on it, anyway.
12/28/12 11:42 PM
DAVID H
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

About the gang thing..... Just because some of you guys watched "gangland", it does not make you a gang expert. That "gang" profiled on that show is a joke that does not exist in cali or anywhere in the southwest.....
12/28/12 11:46 PM
udk

DAVID H - About the gang thing..... Just because some of you guys watched "gangland", it does not make you a gang expert. That "gang" profiled on that show is a joke that does not exist in cali or anywhere in the southwest.....

He may not be related to a gang, but is it really so crazy for the topic to be brought up. You know...considering it IS gang and he DOES have that same name tattooed across his chest?! 1+1+???
12/28/12 11:55 PM
DAVID H
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

udk - 
DAVID H - About the gang thing..... Just because some of you guys watched "gangland", it does not make you a gang expert. That "gang" profiled on that show is a joke that does not exist in cali or anywhere in the southwest.....

He may not be related to a gang, but is it really so crazy for the topic to be brought up. You know...considering it IS gang and he DOES have that same name tattooed across his chest?! 1+1+???

A "gang" in Tenn. One I never heard of until I saw that episode and knowing gangs is a huge part of my job...
12/28/12 11:58 PM
Jsteven
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ask Cain to respond in Spanish.

Point proven lupo, ciao! Phone Post
12/29/12 12:13 AM
udk

DAVID H - 
udk - 

A "gang" in Tenn. One I never heard of until I saw that episode and knowing gangs is a huge part of my job...

Who cares where it's located if in fact, that's true? Put it in google and it comes up as 'a' gang.

I have a buddy names 'aryan'...he's dutch. You could say were 'brothers'. If I put a tat across my chest saying 'aryan brotherhood', should I be surprised if it raises a few eyebrows..perhaps a few questions?

Or would I just realize that I made a stupid mistake, despite the fact that 'I didn't mean it that way'.
12/29/12 1:46 AM
DAVID H

udk - 
DAVID H - 
udk - 

Who cares where it's located if in fact, that's true? Put it in google and it comes up as 'a' gang.

I have a buddy names 'aryan'...he's dutch. You could say were 'brothers'. If I put a tat across my chest saying 'aryan brotherhood', should I be surprised if it raises a few eyebrows..perhaps a few questions?

Or would I just realize that I made a stupid mistake, despite the fact that 'I didn't mean it that way'.

I guess we can agree to disagree. BUT, you are not very educated on gangs in general to compare the AB to brown pride.
12/29/12 1:52 AM
TeamRenzo4Life

Olive Garden Table For One - 

This is a picture of Cain's father 

That man doesn't look brown at all, he looks like Don Johnson. In fact, 96.5% of my cousins in Italy are more brown, but couldn't rock a Brown Pride tat. 

Cain says that he got the tattoo because of his family's struggle. OK sure.

If you don't want to answer lots of questions about a questionable tattoo, don't put one on yourself

You're a fucking idiot, voted down.
12/29/12 1:59 AM
Dingleberry Flopdoink The 3rd
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jar of flies - 

Went to my computer and logged on to vote this up.
12/29/12 2:12 AM
Forrest Spliffn

Smh. Ok ok ok. We get that there is a double standard where everyone else but white people can have pride tattoos and not be racist. Being white does have a few of perks of it's own tho. Phone Post
12/29/12 3:15 AM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TeamRenzo4Life -

That man doesn't look brown at all, he looks like Don Johnson. In fact, 96.5% of my cousins in Italy are more brown, but couldn't rock a Brown Pride tat. 

If you don't want to answer lots of questions about a questionable tattoo, don't put one on yourself

You're a fucking idiot, voted down.
Nice insight bro, really made me think. Thanks for your eloquent input Phone Post
12/29/12 3:29 AM
Megatherium
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pessimist_Pete -  What if a white guy had a "white pride" tattoo?

why come nobody has thought about this yet? Phone Post

His dad is a white guy. Blue eyes, pink skin. I noticed this last year when they did a feature on Cain in the leadup to the first fight.

Struck me as ironic then.
12/29/12 5:27 AM
jakmma90
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee - 

what's your point? if anything, the fact that his father is so light just points to the fact that his tattoo has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with being Mexican.

and are you trying to imply that because his dad is light skinned, his family didn't struggle? what's with your little cunty "OK sure"

Then why doesn't it say "Mexican Pride" or "Chicano Pride"? That would make fucking sense.

My Tazmanian devil tattoo has an Italian flag, not a flag of all white people countries because I rep the tricolor, as Cain would if he was only concerned about his Mexican heritage and not skin color. I don't care about skin color. I cheer as hard when Mario Balotelli scores for Italy as I did when it was Luca Toni or Roberto Baggio scoring.

What struggle you think he had that every other immigrant family (including me and my own) didn't have. Gimme a fucking break. 

u have a Taz tattoo?? Wow...That's...Kinda gay,isn't it? Not to offend gay people,just so u know.....
12/29/12 5:40 AM
C4mac
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Brown Pride tattoo was going to raise eyebrows and that's what it was intended to do. I personally disapprove of it, but it's his body he can put whatever he wants on it.
12/29/12 6:10 AM
redrum85
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps."

WAR JDS!!! Phone Post
12/29/12 6:29 AM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jakmma90 -
AresSmashedPrahjuhdee - 

what's your point? if anything, the fact that his father is so light just points to the fact that his tattoo has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with being Mexican.

and are you trying to imply that because his dad is light skinned, his family didn't struggle? what's with your little cunty "OK sure"

Then why doesn't it say "Mexican Pride" or "Chicano Pride"? That would make fucking sense.

My Tazmanian devil tattoo has an Italian flag, not a flag of all white people countries because I rep the tricolor, as Cain would if he was only concerned about his Mexican heritage and not skin color. I don't care about skin color. I cheer as hard when Mario Balotelli scores for Italy as I did when it was Luca Toni or Roberto Baggio scoring.

What struggle you think he had that every other immigrant family (including me and my own) didn't have. Gimme a fucking break. 

u have a Taz tattoo?? Wow...That's...Kinda gay,isn't it? Not to offend gay people,just so u know.....
Not just that,..
The poor sucker has a tattoo of an American cartoon character based on an animal from an Australia island holding an Italian flag..

Jebus Italian Americans are lost. Phone Post
12/29/12 7:41 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ConditJustGSPeedHisPants - 
jakmma90 -
AresSmashedPrahjuhdee - 

Not just that,..
The poor sucker has a tattoo of an American cartoon character based on an animal from an Australia island holding an Italian flag..

Jebus Italian Americans are lost. Phone Post

Take it eesh. My tattoo is mad classy. I'd take a pic, but you'd probably mistake my arm for a Tom Platz leg and either laugh about a guy with a leg tat, or get mad jealous of Bobby Loopz, AKA Musclelini, AKA Bobby Headbandz, AKA Bobby Taz having an arm like a leg.

I'm like Columbus, bro. I came to America to make it better, more classier and less savage.

Ciao

12/29/12 8:02 AM
Beefy Wellington

Olive Garden Table For One -
DamnSevern - 

voted down

Vote Down why?

Because you're an idiot??? Phone Post
12/29/12 9:38 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am no idiot. I am smarter than almost all of UG. Not Sam Sheridan, he's smarter and wonderful on the Mankind series. Maybe a few others, but only 1 hands worth of UG people.

I was educated in Europe. What about you? How many languages can you speak? How often do you make money batting MMA? Has another man asked you for and received awesome fashion advice?

How u like me now you strunzo fanook Phone Post
12/29/12 9:45 AM
i remember halloween

We need to see a pic of this tazmanian devil tattoo with the Italian flag.

12/29/12 9:45 AM
Kostakio
493 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigSleep -
garagetrainedloser - 
canofsticks -
garagetrainedloser -  There is a gang called brown pride, doesn't mean he is part of it. My arms say White pride doesn't mean i am a.b. Just means I'm proud to be white. He has answered the questions so what's the need to keep asking questions about it. All though i get asked about mine at least once a week. Phone Post

I've never met an upstanding chap who had 'white pride' tatted on them. And I live in Texas where the frequency of that tattoo is higher than our teen pregnancy rate.

yoo shud get dat lazurd dafuq off brah
See this is the funny part where did i say i give a fuck what you think, our who you have meet. I make a good living raise to great kids that aren't mine. My daughter will join the national guard at the end of this month and then head to college, and my son will start jr. High with a state championship in wrestling under his belt now being trained by matt Grice. And all because of a guy who never graduated high school joined the navy then spent 2 years in a federal prison all b4 i was 22. So i say I'm an upstanding chap, and fuck you. Phone Post

you just proved his point. What did you do time for?
lmao exactly Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.