UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cain's Dad and "Brown Pride"

12/30/12 11:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
garagetrainedloser
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Olive Garden Table For One - 
Michael Kn1ght -  I personally don't like it but not enough too get into it any further. What if I got white pride though on my chest? Would their be an issue? Phone Post

depends how hard your father worked, and if your father is really pale. If he's really pale, you can't get it, but if pops looks a little swarthy, you can get the tat

thats fucking funny right there.

12/30/12 11:44 AM
garagetrainedloser
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he had a great fight last night.

12/30/12 11:56 AM
garagetrainedloser

fakeposterssuck - I made it through 3 pages - I should get an award?

Alot of people defend this by saying "Cain is just proud to be a Mexican."

NEWSFLASH - Cain is not a MEXICAN. He's an AMERICAN.

MEXICANS are born in MEXICO. AMERICANS are born in AMERICA.

The reason MOST people get pissed is he simply ignores his AMERICAN heritage while promoting 100% his Mexican heritage, and to any self-respecting American, that can easily be offensive.

It also has brought alot of Mexico fan boys into the UFC that could give a sh** about MMA - who are there just to REP MEXICO - when Cain is American, he just forgets to give American props, so his fans do the same.

Nothing about your color should make you proud, in fact, its the OVER DOING of that PRIDE that creates RACISM in the first place.

There is nothing special about any of our skin colors - what is special how much we make of ourselves despite our privileges or our obstacles in life.

I don't care where anyone stands on this, at the end of the day, the UFC's promotion of, and Cain's self promotion as a Mexican champion is total crap, based onthe facts, and promotes alot of nationalistic division that doesn't belong in MMA, the UFC, or anywhere. If people have so much Mexican pride, why do so many leave to come into the USA? And if they are leaving because of the corruption? drug war? lack of opportunity? Then why the need to constantly promote the Mexican flag, as a US citizen, born and raised, who achieved CHAMPION statue under the UNITED STATES FLAG?

Its a shame Cain has allowed that to define alot of who he is - because in reality, its very little of who he is.

really so you and cain are homies or something. how can you say what defines a man you have never meet.  what you are is in your blood has nothing to do with where you were born when both your parents are from somewhere else unless you want to consider your self an american and obviously he doesn't want to be a american thats his choice. And yes if they want to fill that way he should go back but they wont.

12/30/12 12:03 PM
Olive Garden Table For One
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

garagetrainedloser - 
Michael Kn1ght -  I personally don't like it but not enough too get into it any further. What if I got white pride though on my chest? Would their be an issue? Phone Post

depends how hard your father worked, and if your father is really pale. If he's really pale, you can't get it, but if pops looks a little swarthy, you can get the tat

thats fucking funny right there.

Grazie bro, I do what I can

12/30/12 12:05 PM
Ernie
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Successful troll thread. Phone Post
12/30/12 12:08 PM
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ernie -  Successful troll thread. Phone Post

You telling me that man doesn't look like Don Johnson? GTFO

12/30/12 12:09 PM
poopstripe
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The reason MOST people get pissed is he simply ignores his AMERICAN heritage while promoting 100% his Mexican heritage, and to any self-respecting American, that can easily be offensive.

It also has brought alot of Mexico fan boys into the UFC that could give a sh** about MMA - who are there just to REP MEXICO - when Cain is American, he just forgets to give American props, so his fans do the same.

Nothing about your color should make you proud, in fact, its the OVER DOING of that PRIDE that creates RACISM in the first place.

There is nothing special about any of our skin colors - what is special how much we make of ourselves despite our privileges or our obstacles in life.

I don't care where anyone stands on this, at the end of the day, the UFC's promotion of, and Cain's self promotion as a Mexican champion is total crap, based onthe facts, and promotes alot of nationalistic division that doesn't belong in MMA, the UFC, or anywhere. If people have so much Mexican pride, why do so many leave to come into the USA? And if they are leaving because of the corruption? drug war? lack of opportunity? Then why the need to constantly promote the Mexican flag, as a US citizen, born and raised, who achieved CHAMPION statue under the UNITED STATES FLAG?

Its a shame Cain has allowed that to define alot of who he is - because in reality, its very little of who he is.

great post
12/30/12 1:18 PM
TeamRenzo4Life
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theshooter - "As far as Cain goes, I could care less about his tattoo. He is a good fighter that puts on a quality fight for the fans."

Sure, Cain is an excellent fighter, and I think all ethnic pride tatoos are stupid, but the fact of the matter is that we are clearly seeing a double standard here where it is OK for everyone but whites to engage in this pride stuff and I find the double standard to be disgusting.

The only possible reason this "disgusts you" is because you're a racist.
If you think there's a double standard, what you're really saying is "Damn, why is it that this Mexican American gets to have and wear a tattoo of his pride in a historically downtrodden people, when I am not allowed to wear a tattoo that is closely associated with fear, hatred and racial violence!"
Guess what? You're a racist.
12/30/12 1:21 PM
TeamRenzo4Life

1_less_name -  What's fucked up for all you with the "it's different for Cain to show pride than for the whites to have a similar tattoo, etc etc blah blah "
Is that you are acknowledging indirectly (sub consciously?) that the white race is and always be superior.
"The oppressed should be allowed a little pride"

Sure why not, it doesn't mean shit anyways, because it's common knowledge that the white race is boss.

Lol @ you crybaby fucktards. Phone Post

No, we are acknowledging that white people have historically marginalized and oppressed other races. It has nothing to do with superiority whatsoever.
12/30/12 3:06 PM
garagetrainedloser

just watch donald cerrone's interview before the fights last night they ask him about this at about the 35 min mark. You got a like that guy.

12/30/12 3:54 PM
DAVID H
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain, as well as other UFC fighters, do what DFW tells them to do. DFW wants to appeal to a mexican fan base, so he tells Cain to pysh the mexican angle.

Ever see "real" interviews with Cain??? How about check out a replay when he was on George Lopez. He called himself an AMERICAN when asked...

Funny how when someone of mexican heritage does something good, they are "American" but when they do something bad or are a criminal, they are "Mexican."
12/30/12 4:34 PM
Snappy Whistleteeth
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain's dad looks Irish to me. Phone Post
12/30/12 5:09 PM
StretchPlum

Edited: 12/30/12 5:12 PM
He's obviously caucasian, whatever his the national origin of his forebears are. JDS as well. Mexican is not a race. Hispanic is not a race. Half of hispanic immigrants self-described as white on the census. But who cares? Ethnicity has always been a big part of any fight game, because of the mentality and educational level of the fans. The same people who go nuts here when anyone criticizes the tattoo, are likely the same people who would ridicule those who chant USA.
Repping anything other than an accomplishment, except for laughs, is kind of dumb, whether area code, place where someone happened to be born, etc.
12/30/12 5:15 PM

You don't see Cowboy Cerrone, Matt Serra, Phil Baroni, Matt Mitrione or the dozens of top Italian-American fightings with an Italian tricolour in place of the stars and stripes, but you see Cain rep El Tre cuz Zuffa knows that Mexican fans are some of the most passionate and nationalistic boxing fans there are. Bisping was brought in to be the next Ricky Hatton. Zuffa isn't above ethnic marketing.

12/30/12 5:48 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ernie - Successful troll thread. Phone Post
Indeed. Phone Post
12/30/12 6:01 PM

Me, I don't see colour or ethnicity or vowels at the end of a fighter's surname. I watch for the technical brilliance and am a fan of the guy with more heart and skill. Can't we all be like me?

12/30/12 6:10 PM
jar of flies
808 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/30/12 6:22 PM

jar of flies - 

Alessio is a true embodiment of the "We are all one" notion of Genki Sudo. Just at the last UFC, he spoke Italian, Portugese and tried his hand at English. Alessio wants every fan to feel like family.

12/30/12 11:46 PM
Megatherium
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^
Doesn't like white folks!?
12/30/12 11:50 PM
bamx2
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/30/12 11:51 PM

I love how butthurt, white people get over this tattoo!! lol

12/31/12 12:18 AM
garagetrainedloser

BendosBaptisedBitch -
garagetrainedloser - 

just watch donald cerrone's interview before the fights last night they ask him about this at about the 35 min mark. You got a like that guy.

i looked all over for this interview. who was it with? link?
Mmaheat, it was km new section where it talks about his thoughts on guns. Phone Post
12/31/12 12:24 AM
udk

white people get butt hurt? you wish mud.
everyone's just pointing out how absurd it is that this is fine buy everyone knows (with a brain over the age o 15) that a similar white pride tat on a white fighter would be the end of the fucking world.
THAT would be butt hurt.
12/31/12 12:37 AM
Scramslam

If Cain had any self respect he would remove his racist tattoo.
12/31/12 7:09 AM

ToneybyArmbar -  lol at the white trash on this thread Phone Post

Do I get to be white in this thread? On the OG I'm considered 1/2 African because of that son of a bitch movie True Romance. Do I get to be white now? What are some of the perks? 

12/31/12 7:23 AM
_33
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ToneybyArmbar -  lol at the white trash on this thread Phone Post

Do I get to be white in this thread? On the OG I'm considered 1/2 African because of that son of a bitch movie True Romance. Do I get to be white now? What are some of the perks? 

Coolest perk for me with being a honkey is when I go into a Korean grocery store no one follows me around. They just say hello when I walk in. It's awesome because I steal a lot.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.