UnderGround Forums

Revgear League BJJGround >> Anywhere to train near Disney World?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/28/12 11:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
joshjitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anywhere to train near Disney World?taking a business trip for a week and in training for a tournament.

Thanks! Phone Post
12/28/12 12:04 PM
allchokedup
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

trumpet dan is near there. ralph gracie gym. i went to a 6am or 7am class there and everyone was great!
http://ralphgracieoc.com/location/
12/28/12 1:35 PM
ohmy23
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

allchokedup - trumpet dan is near there. ralph gracie gym. i went to a 6am or 7am class there and everyone was great!
Disney world is in FL not CA .... Phone Post
12/28/12 1:42 PM
SORT14
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a Robson Moura Nova Uniao affiliate in nearby Kissimmee. Orlando also Gracie Barra, American Top Team and Alliance so you can't go wrong at any of them.
12/28/12 2:13 PM
BradGluckman
804 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I prefer to train there myself I like to rnc people it makes the lines shorter

12/28/12 2:16 PM
Hugh Jaynus
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like Alliance Orlando with Bruno Malfacine is about a 30 minute drive from Disney itself. I did a quick search for Gracie Barra and ATT up there and they seem to be the same distance. Not familiar at all; just did some Googling.
12/28/12 3:56 PM
Don Whitefield

There is the Jungle in Orlando with de la Riva Black Belt Thiago "Batata" Domingues. Excellent guy to train with I know him for years.
12/29/12 8:27 AM
JSho
485 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/29/12 9:29 AM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whenever I went down there I always had a great time training with Marcio Simas at GB Orlando. Got a friend training there now and he loves it too.
12/29/12 8:00 PM
temp226208
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Used to live in Orlando. You've got:

Gracie Barra Orlando (Several locations. Sandlake Rd. or Kissimmee locations will be the closest to you. Best training at GBO is at the downtown location, IMHO.)

Alliance Orlando (Bruno Malfacine)

The Jungle (Mike Lee/Batata/etc.)

American Combat Club (Mitch McElroy)

American Top Team (Paul Rodriguez)

You really can't go wrong. If you have any specific questions, feel free.
12/29/12 9:02 PM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracie Orlando (6 levels) Jon Burke is head instructor. Some good guys there. Phone Post
12/29/12 11:23 PM
joshjitsu

No way I can miss training with Bruno Malafacine I will stop there if I get a chance. Phone Post
12/29/12 11:23 PM
joshjitsu

Thanks! Phone Post
12/30/12 11:25 AM
temp226208
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joshjitsu -  No way I can miss training with Bruno Malafacine I will stop there if I get a chance. Phone Post

Just call ahead and make sure he's there when you decide to drop in. But every gym I named is awesome. Skillful dudes at all of them.

Baroquen, totally forgot Jon Burke. Last time I was up there a few weeks back, I noticed he has billboards up all over the city now. Pretty cool.

12/30/12 4:00 PM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

temp226208 -
joshjitsu -  No way I can miss training with Bruno Malafacine I will stop there if I get a chance. Phone Post

Just call ahead and make sure he's there when you decide to drop in. But every gym I named is awesome. Skillful dudes at all of them.

Baroquen, totally forgot Jon Burke. Last time I was up there a few weeks back, I noticed he has billboards up all over the city now. Pretty cool.

Yeah his gym has grown a lot. When I lived there I trained with Jon he's a great teacher and the training there is very cool. Phone Post
1/1/13 12:14 AM
waveman
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alliance Orlando. Bruno Malfacine. 5x Black Belt World Champion. Train with the best.
1/1/13 4:59 PM
TrumpetDan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

allchokedup - trumpet dan is near there. ralph gracie gym. i went to a 6am or 7am class there and everyone was great!

Just as an update, I have my own gym now (which you or anybody else is welcome anytime you are in the area. BreaJiuJitsu.com)

As others stated...im a bit of a commute from flordia =)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.