UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Something a fighter did to make you less of a fan

12/28/12 12:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FanToFighter
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Something a fighter did on TV or to you personally to make you less of a fan. no fighter bashing. I'll start. Jake Shields- I was an avid fan but shrugged me off when I just wanted to say I was a fan at UFC 148(Not at expo, I'm not into standing at lines in expos). Rampage- all his recent behavior. Phone Post
12/28/12 12:50 PM
6ULDV8
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Backed up for a whole fight to get a win.

12/28/12 12:59 PM
The Governor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobinVanRooney - Hendo following up on Bisping, yeah yeah air Hendo, h bomb, Bisping butter tooth etc but that was crazy I know he is loved on these forums but that's just my opinion Phone Post
This Phone Post
12/28/12 1:06 PM
Dogman

NOT lately, but just about anything butter tooth did.
12/28/12 1:06 PM
lgi

FanToFighter -  Something a fighter did on TV or to you personally to make you less of a fan. no fighter bashing. I'll start. Jake Shields- I was an avid fan but shrugged me off when I just wanted to say I was a fan at UFC 148(Not at expo, I'm not into standing at lines in expos). Rampage- all his recent behavior. Phone Post

Guida's burping. I never found it "cool" or whatever. Also, this picture:
http://www.thefightnerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Guida-sleeping.jpg

12/28/12 1:07 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Governor - 
RobinVanRooney - Hendo following up on Bisping, yeah yeah air Hendo, h bomb, Bisping butter tooth etc but that was crazy I know he is loved on these forums but that's just my opinion Phone Post
This Phone Post

It had the complete opposite effect on me. Bisping definitely talked himself into that last love tap.

For me, Hendricks latest comments have rapidly decreased my support for him. I agree with him feeling bitter over not getting a title shot, but saying stuff like "Ellenberger is more dangerous than GSP" is going a little beyond what is necessary.

12/28/12 1:12 PM
shaqitup
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably Rampage, i was never a huge fan, but i've started to find him obnoxious in the last couple of years.
12/28/12 1:14 PM
FanToFighter
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lgi -
FanToFighter -  Something a fighter did on TV or to you personally to make you less of a fan. no fighter bashing. I'll start. Jake Shields- I was an avid fan but shrugged me off when I just wanted to say I was a fan at UFC 148(Not at expo, I'm not into standing at lines in expos). Rampage- all his recent behavior. Phone Post

Phone Post
12/28/12 1:19 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping throwing the illegal knee on Rivera. Rivera not easily taking a dq win like he could and continuing even though that fucked him up. Then Bisping still talking shit and spitting on his corner. I will never ever be a fan of Bisping. Phone Post
12/28/12 1:22 PM
JerodR
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping bad mouthing Matt Hamill after their fight especially when Bisping was gifted that win. That one took me a long time to get past to be honest.

I actually have become a bit more of a fan in regards to Bisping these days.
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/28/12 1:23 PM
KOS and Varner overreacting to illegal strikes.
sitchpack

Condit, Boestch, and Guida for constantly disengaging during an important fight with a tough opppnent, just because they 'really wanted to win'.

Jones for the whole UFC cancellation nonsense. Weidmann, and Hendricks moaning about other fighters getting title shots.

Rory Macdonald for showboating in the Penn fight, then playing dumb and claiming it was a legit technique, not showboating.

Julian Lane for screaming/whimpering 'let me bang bro' on TUF, whilst smashing his head into walls, like a greiving mother who lost her child. Phone Post
12/28/12 1:23 PM
sitchpack

Lahzerous - KOS and Varner overeating to illegal strikes.
Oh and this ;) Phone Post
12/28/12 1:24 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sitchpack - 

Sometimes I want to murder spell check :/

12/28/12 1:24 PM
sitchpack

lgi -

Yeah Guida lost me a long time ago. Shame really. Phone Post
12/28/12 1:26 PM
sitchpack

Lahzerous -
sitchpack - 

Sometimes I want to murder spell check :/

Its cool bro, I agree with the intended statement, fighters who milk illegal strikes rub me the wrong way.

An antithesis to this is when Rivera got smashed with that illegal knee from Bisping, then chose to continue fighting and took his beating like a warrior. Thats how it is done. Phone Post
12/28/12 1:28 PM
FanToFighter

Lahzerous - KOS and Varner overreacting to illegal strikes.
Didn't know they had trouble making weight. Phone Post
12/28/12 1:30 PM
Ted Waltner
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody mentions Daley? I know he hasnt done much to rub anyone the wrong way, but doesnt his voice and accent just kinda grate you? Phone Post
12/28/12 1:35 PM
sitchpack

Ted Waltner - Nobody mentions Daley? I know he hasnt done much to rub anyone the wrong way, but doesnt his voice and accent just kinda grate you? Phone Post
Im not sure, still a Daley fan, but what he did was retardes. Tbh the thing which turns me off fighters, is deliberate passivity for an entire fight o not get hurt or scored on; and guys who have been in the UFC for under 5 years, getting carried away with media hype amd demanding title shots. Phone Post
12/28/12 1:35 PM
Purgey
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks complaining recently.
Bisping's illegal knee.
Guida and Boetsch running.
Can't think of any more right now. Phone Post
12/28/12 1:36 PM
FanToFighter

Ted Waltner - Nobody mentions Daley? I know he hasnt done much to rub anyone the wrong way, but doesnt his voice and accent just kinda grate you? Phone Post
Yes sir hard to be a Daley fan after this. Phone Post
12/28/12 1:37 PM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every guy that's fake tapped or fake bumped gloves. Fucking scummy Phone Post
12/28/12 1:40 PM
Periodik

Bisping is a polarizing figure.

You kind of want to like him because he's got a great pace and sometimes says funny shit but he also does alot of antics in the ring that make you hate him and he also says stupid shit.

Johnny Hendricks is going back to his wrestling days where he really soaked up being a bad guy and would talk lots of shit. I liked him going into the Kos fight but recently he's just sounding like a constant complainer.

I really liked Weidman because he seemed like the everyman who has great skills but he's really reaching for the Chael Sonnen title shot approach which is getting old.

12/28/12 1:41 PM
CAlfar

Lots of them. Hendricks completly lost me as a fan as of recently. I was a big fan of him and I wanted him to become a title holder but after all the whining he's done lately its hard for me to still like him.

A fighter thats done something recently thats MADE me a fan was Rory MacDonald. I hated him coming into the BJ fight because I wanted BJ to win so bad, but while watching the fight I was really impressed with his skills, and he was completly respectful to BJ after the fight.
12/28/12 1:47 PM
jwistead
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sitchpack -  Condit, Boestch, and Guida for constantly disengaging during an important fight with a tough opppnent, just because they 'really wanted to win'.

Jones for the whole UFC cancellation nonsense. Weidmann, and Hendricks moaning about other fighters getting title shots.

Rory Macdonald for showboating in the Penn fight, then playing dumb and claiming it was a legit technique, not showboating.

Julian Lane for screaming/whimpering 'let me bang bro' on TUF, whilst smashing his head into walls, like a greiving mother who lost her child. Phone Post

All of these.

I was a huge fan of Gray Maynard coming out of TUF, that double TKO with Emerson really made a statement. But then there were a couple fights where it was the final round and he'd look up at the clock, and then completely disengage, just running out the clock. It was the first time I'd ever seen someone do that so unashamedly, completely changed my opinion on the guy. Still think he's a great fighter, but it's hard to root for a guy that does that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.