UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Once I Was A Champion PPV debut tonight

12/28/12 11:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
toughcrowdproductions
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tough Crowd Productions, President
Willy the Coyote -  Was there an issue between Chael and Evan, or is that just honest opinion of the man? Phone Post

I'm unaware of any "issue." I spoke with Chael again recently while filming TUF and his opinion is the same. I respect Chael for sharing his thoughts and look forward to hearing what he has to say about the film.

12/28/12 11:31 PM
GNPfan
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/28/12 11:32 PM
BKViper - 

Found a torrent.  Or at least the preview looks good.

I'll let you know after the whole thing finishes downloading.

And I will seed it for a couple weeks for those like me who have no way to get it on their TV providers.

I would be interested in this torrent if you find one, please pm me. I will gladly send a money order to Gerard for the cost of what a PPV would have been just to see this now and not have to wait for dvd. I have direct tv and can't believe it isn't on there. I have waited a long time for this, met Evan and talked with him, supported him from the beginning. Even if I see it now I will still buy the DVD when it comes out.
12/29/12 12:34 AM
JetSetter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was not properly formatted on Time Warner Cable.

It's a must see for any true MMA fan of that era.

Team Quest and especially Chael did not think too much of Tanner but most alcoholics ruin a lot of relationships. Phone Post
12/29/12 1:39 AM
ocdacc
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

- that was very well done; I enjoyed it

thanks Phone Post
12/29/12 2:09 AM
Chuck@NY
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

toughcrowdproductions - 
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE - 

I liked Chaels part, its kind of neccesary imo, no one lauded as 'brilliant or special' by the masses lives without someone thinking they are an idiot. Its often a fine line between deep thinker and nonsensical crazy. While alive Evan was well known for the negative aspects of his overall lifestyle, it wouldnt be honest to tell his story with no one playing Chaels role.

Note that a ton of the old school TQFC guys were not featured, I imagined they didnt care to share what they had to say.

Glad you get it, I always felt that Chael was a necessary voice.

A lot of TQ guys kept there mouth shut about Tanner, but only if they got to know him. He was not the hero the people on here wish he was. He had his issues and being one of the guys that got contacted by some of the people writing the story, they didn't really care about the truth/what I had to say. So it wouldn't surprise me if the original TQ guys gave their honest opinion and the producers just cut it out to make Evan seem like more of the "adventurer" instead of fuck up that he was.

When I was living with him, he did mention Chael a couple times, but nothing significant remembering. I didn't see the doc but Matt Lindland had some real talk to say about him regarding him coming in drunk at 2pm to train. Shocking to the people that want to believe he was a saint but he was down to start drinking beer at 10am. I never did see him drink liquor though.
12/29/12 7:29 AM
Kobayashi

toughcrowdproductions -

Hey guys it's Gerard Roxburgh,

The film will be coming to Canada and the UK (my home) and everywhere else. The dates TBD based upon how the film does in the U.S. It will be for sale soon via VOD and DVD as well.

I put four years of my life into this and I haven't made a dime from it. This isn't being produced from some big budget studio. If people start passing around torrent links, it kills my chances of paying back my financers. Everyone's uneducated on how much money documentaries make. I'm not looking to cash in on this, I just want to have the opportunity to make other movies in the future. If I don't recoup my costs, chances of that are slim. So please have a little more patience.

Cheers for the support, hope everyone enjoys it.

I look forward to hearing feedback, positive and constructive.

-G

Looking forward to seeing this - love MMA documentaries especially those that focus on the early days of the sport.

One thing - when you finally get a DVD release can you make it region free? Region encoding is a pain in the ass! Phone Post
12/29/12 9:42 AM
buckrogers717

Great film!!! Believe!! Phone Post
12/29/12 1:24 PM
fightsfan
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just found it on COMCAST here in the SF Bay Area so will be ordering the PPV on this Tanner documentary. Def want to support the filmmakers efforts and pay for this, kudos guys.
12/29/12 4:34 PM
CaptChaos
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm set to watch this in less than an hour. It seems like ( from some of the short interviews in the trailer) that Evan was a martyr. I'm just basing this off of what Randy and Trigg said. I may be wrong but that's my hunch. We shall see...
12/29/12 5:54 PM
rufus
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chuck@NY - 
toughcrowdproductions - 
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE - 

I liked Chaels part, its kind of neccesary imo, no one lauded as 'brilliant or special' by the masses lives without someone thinking they are an idiot. Its often a fine line between deep thinker and nonsensical crazy. While alive Evan was well known for the negative aspects of his overall lifestyle, it wouldnt be honest to tell his story with no one playing Chaels role.

Note that a ton of the old school TQFC guys were not featured, I imagined they didnt care to share what they had to say.

Glad you get it, I always felt that Chael was a necessary voice.

A lot of TQ guys kept there mouth shut about Tanner, but only if they got to know him. He was not the hero the people on here wish he was. He had his issues and being one of the guys that got contacted by some of the people writing the story, they didn't really care about the truth/what I had to say. So it wouldn't surprise me if the original TQ guys gave their honest opinion and the producers just cut it out to make Evan seem like more of the "adventurer" instead of fuck up that he was.

When I was living with him, he did mention Chael a couple times, but nothing significant remembering. I didn't see the doc but Matt Lindland had some real talk to say about him regarding him coming in drunk at 2pm to train. Shocking to the people that want to believe he was a saint but he was down to start drinking beer at 10am. I never did see him drink liquor though.

Interesting.

12/29/12 7:01 PM
ocdacc
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

…saw it yesterday and kept thinking about it today - good film Phone Post
12/29/12 9:30 PM
Brigham
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly dude, look at the response you are getting. If you really want to make your money back, put the thing online, charge $10 and watch the money fly in. But going with this old approach of just putting it on select PPV is not a winning strategy here Phone Post
12/30/12 4:50 AM
CindyO

TheFapMaster - Have watched it three times now, and it only gets better. Evan was a flawed dude, but man I miss him.

Have watched it three times now, and it only gets better.

Ha! Considering your screen name this comment made me laugh:)

Cindy

12/30/12 4:52 AM
gooddoc

I watched the trailer and now I feel like I don't need to see the movie.

12/30/12 6:42 AM
reaver86

Distribution is a motherfucker apparently. Phone Post
12/30/12 7:12 AM
Michael Kn1ght

Ttt Phone Post
12/31/12 12:29 AM
Hessian
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evan and I exchanged emails for a few years.

Sad that so many people who were supposed to be his friends lied and stole from him.
12/31/12 1:12 AM
Hessian
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/31/12 1:16 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
968 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i searched xfinity comcast and they have a preview but not the ppv ????? Start selling the dvd , i would have bought several for gifts and i saw the premier 2 years ago in LA.

12/31/12 1:26 AM
Hessian

TheFapMaster - 
Hessian - Evan and I exchanged emails for a few years.

Sad that so many people who were supposed to be his friends lied and stole from him.

That's freakin pathetic and sad, if true. Care to elaborate? I would love to hear some stories about it. Evan just seemed like such a genuine dude...what you see, is what you get, and that is what I respected about him so much.

Most people have friends who do them wrong and everyone has a friend or two who they have wronged in some way at some point.

We were just epals, emails should be considered private and be respected as such.

Evan was Evan. He had good days and bad days like everyone else.
12/31/12 9:54 AM
BKViper
464 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/31/12 9:55 AM
Reynaldo Poullard - 
Brigham - Honestly dude, look at the response you are getting. If you really want to make your money back, put the thing online, charge $10 and watch the money fly in. But going with this old approach of just putting it on select PPV is not a winning strategy here Phone Post
Distibbr is the perfect platform for this piece. Phone Post

Bingo! http://www.distribber.com/

Sorry, but since I had no option to view this, except torrent, it is what it is.

Had you provided a website with a PayPal for download, I would gladly have bought it.

Talk to Joe Rogan, this is how he released his latest comedy special (as did Louis CK).  It is a more than viable method for getting your content out and receiving compensation for it.

And even though I've seen it now, I would still gladly buy a copy if you host it.

This is really quite an easy thing to do and will reach such a large audience that you are obviously missing with the limited PPV distribution.

12/31/12 10:08 AM
Brigham
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BKViper - 
Reynaldo Poullard - 
Brigham - Honestly dude, look at the response you are getting. If you really want to make your money back, put the thing online, charge $10 and watch the money fly in. But going with this old approach of just putting it on select PPV is not a winning strategy here Phone Post
Distibbr is the perfect platform for this piece. Phone Post

Bingo! http://www.distribber.com/

Sorry, but since I had no option to view this, except torrent, it is what it is.

Had you provided a website with a PayPal for download, I would gladly have bought it.

Talk to Joe Rogan, this is how he released his latest comedy special (as did Louis CK).  It is a more than viable method for getting your content out and receiving compensation for it.

And even though I've seen it now, I would still gladly buy a copy if you host it.

This is really quite an easy thing to do and will reach such a large audience that you are obviously missing with the limited PPV distribution.

Exactly this.
12/31/12 10:11 AM
Brigham

Online distribution honestly is the most effective way of making your money back. Like it says above, ask Rogan and Louie CK. Hell, Jim Gaffigan too. These guys are making a shit load by releasing online.
12/31/12 10:18 AM
Brigham

Edited: 12/31/12 11:32 AM
I'm telling you, you put this thing on Itunes, it'll fucking roar. But limited distribution just seems to take the steam out of this entire thing.
12/31/12 1:50 PM
ThePigpen
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd pay to watch it right now if it were on Itunes.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.