UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Once I Was A Champion PPV debut tonight

12/31/12 4:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BravoPUA
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep. I'd buy it in a second if available right now.. Phone Post
1/1/13 5:01 PM
dentalninja
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paid $6.99 for the HD version on Charter.

I would have paid triple that for it. It was well-done and quite an emotional rollercoaster of a documentary; both depressing and inspirational at the same time.

RIP Evan.
1/1/13 5:04 PM
SoccerkickrevivaL
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watching it now!

1/2/13 3:52 PM
Hessian
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3t
1/3/13 12:28 PM
Golden Boy
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team Quest rewrote a little history. Wish they would have used the Sportsfight.com story I told them about.
1/3/13 12:44 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
932 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looked on comcast last night , its gone.

brilliant

1/3/13 12:48 PM
HOLLYWOOD-MO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've come across some horrible business models, but this takes the cake!

Great Film
Naive distribution strategy
1/3/13 1:11 PM
Golden Boy
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know how frustrating it is for everyone with the distribution. All of Evan's writings (his book) will are in his brothers garage and will never see the light of day. He told me countless times if something happened to him to make sure that his writings would be read. Knowing this I agreed to be a part of this film. These guys did the best they could and went into debt making this it. As frustrating as it is these guys are the only ones that stepped up to tell Evan's story.
1/3/13 1:23 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
932 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Boy - I know how frustrating it is for everyone with the distribution. All of Evan's writings (his book) will are in his brothers garage and will never see the light of day. He told me countless times if something happened to him to make sure that his writings would be read. Knowing this I agreed to be a part of this film. These guys did the best they could and went into debt making this it. As frustrating as it is these guys are the only ones that stepped up to tell Evan's story.

GB , we want them to make money for their efforts !!! Place it where they can sell it to

the biggest mma fans on the planet . Right here would be a good start .

1/3/13 1:37 PM
jayu
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great watch!!!
1/3/13 2:00 PM
Golden Boy

Hong Kong Phooey - 
Golden Boy - I know how frustrating it is for everyone with the distribution. All of Evan's writings (his book) will are in his brothers garage and will never see the light of day. He told me countless times if something happened to him to make sure that his writings would be read. Knowing this I agreed to be a part of this film. These guys did the best they could and went into debt making this it. As frustrating as it is these guys are the only ones that stepped up to tell Evan's story.

GB , we want them to make money for their efforts !!! Place it where they can sell it to

the biggest mma fans on the planet . Right here would be a good start .

Actually I don't want it released. When I was interviewed I was in a bad place in my life. I look bloated and drunk :)
1/3/13 3:26 PM
Ligeia420

Really need to watch this, fuck.
1/3/13 3:47 PM
staygreenponyboy
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Boy - Team Quest rewrote a little history. Wish they would have used the Sportsfight.com story I told them about.

GB can you expand on this?
1/3/13 4:49 PM
Golden Boy

staygreenponyboy - 
Golden Boy - Team Quest rewrote a little history. Wish they would have used the Sportsfight.com story I told them about.

They said Tanner won the title with them and then lost it when he left TQ. Didn't happen that way and left a lot of the story out.
1/3/13 4:53 PM
brune90

Was not formatted correctly on Cable One in Mississippi.

Great Movie Though
1/3/13 5:06 PM
staygreenponyboy
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Boy - 
staygreenponyboy - 

They said Tanner won the title with them and then lost it when he left TQ. Didn't happen that way and left a lot of the story out.

Interesting, thanks.
1/3/13 5:06 PM
staygreenponyboy

Golden Boy - 
staygreenponyboy - 

Interesting, thanks.
1/3/13 9:43 PM
MasterofMartialArts
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fucking movie. Very inspirational. One thing I wonder is, if he actually quit drinking completely before he passed? Phone Post
1/3/13 11:49 PM
Mitey Mouze
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like others have said...please release this online or DVD....I will buy! Phone Post
1/4/13 12:51 AM
Golden Boy

MasterofMartialArts -  Great fucking movie. Very inspirational. One thing I wonder is, if he actually quit drinking completely before he passed? Phone Post

Me and Evan had a falling out and only talked a handful of times the last year of his life. I don't know if he fell off the wagon but I do know he did die sober. There were no signs on alcohol at his camp site.
1/4/13 1:14 AM
Calavaro
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, we are a bunch of people here in Thailand interested in watching this film.

How do we get a hold of the film without having to resort to less than desirable means?

Every producer must use the internet as a tool to distribute content. If you do not, the internet will do it for you but you will be left out of the profits (trust me, torrent sites are run like businesses with massive turnovers and payments given to cappers & distributors). Like or not, that's the reality.  Yes, a bunch of people will grab it for free but that will happen anyway. Restricting distribution to very few select points will only serve to build up demand and frustration. And it only takes one person paying for your content to release it free online. Why not setup a proper site like this guy, http://timescapes.org/,  and ask for payments properly?

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7332022/TimeScapes.2012.1440p.WEB-DL.h264-HDCLUB_%5BPublicHD%5D     Check out the first comment at Piratebay from the owner.   This type of distribution, and acceptance that online torrenting will happen no matter what, together with non-threatening conversation may bring you surprisingly good results. However, people will only pay you if the content you have created is good. If it's shitty, even waiting for a few minutes for a download isn't worth it, and you will be overlooked and forgotten.

Anyway, I hope to see a version available worldwide presently.

1/4/13 1:25 AM
Brian J DSouza

toughcrowdproductions - 

Hey guys it's Gerard Roxburgh,

The film will be coming to Canada and the UK (my home) and everywhere else. The dates TBD based upon how the film does in the U.S. It will be for sale soon via VOD and DVD as well.

I put four years of my life into this and I haven't made a dime from it. This isn't being produced from some big budget studio. If people start passing around torrent links, it kills my chances of paying back my financers. Everyone's uneducated on how much money documentaries make. I'm not looking to cash in on this, I just want to have the opportunity to make other movies in the future. If I don't recoup my costs, chances of that are slim. So please have a little more patience.

Cheers for the support, hope everyone enjoys it.

I look forward to hearing feedback, positive and constructive.

-G

This is such a true reality. Many great MMA documentaries have been made, like Rickson's Choke, Renzo Gracie Legacy, Mark Kerr's The Smashing Machine, etc.

Even the James Toback documentary on Mike Tyson, grossed just $964,920: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=tyson.htm

Who knows what the cost to produce that documentary was? Film editors, buying rights to air fights, etc.

1/4/13 1:00 PM
DiscoNfrno
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just found it on Dish at 5 am tomorrow morning, and Sunday at 5am.

1/4/13 1:12 PM
donnybrook
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watched it Comcast HD PPV and thought it was excellent. Some great footage of the good old days. Thanks for making that. It brought back a lot of memories!

Kevin MacDonald
ABC MMA Officials Trainer Phone Post
1/4/13 1:54 PM
Motivated BJ
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

downloading torrent now... i dont have cable.. if i could watch it like joe rogans recent comedy show i will still buy it or itunes

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.