UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Once I Was A Champion PPV debut tonight

12/31/12 10:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brigham
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BKViper - 
Reynaldo Poullard - 
Brigham - Honestly dude, look at the response you are getting. If you really want to make your money back, put the thing online, charge $10 and watch the money fly in. But going with this old approach of just putting it on select PPV is not a winning strategy here Phone Post
Distibbr is the perfect platform for this piece. Phone Post

Bingo! http://www.distribber.com/

Sorry, but since I had no option to view this, except torrent, it is what it is.

Had you provided a website with a PayPal for download, I would gladly have bought it.

Talk to Joe Rogan, this is how he released his latest comedy special (as did Louis CK).  It is a more than viable method for getting your content out and receiving compensation for it.

And even though I've seen it now, I would still gladly buy a copy if you host it.

This is really quite an easy thing to do and will reach such a large audience that you are obviously missing with the limited PPV distribution.

Exactly this.
12/31/12 10:11 AM
Brigham
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Online distribution honestly is the most effective way of making your money back. Like it says above, ask Rogan and Louie CK. Hell, Jim Gaffigan too. These guys are making a shit load by releasing online.
12/31/12 10:18 AM
Brigham

Edited: 12/31/12 11:32 AM
I'm telling you, you put this thing on Itunes, it'll fucking roar. But limited distribution just seems to take the steam out of this entire thing.
12/31/12 1:50 PM
ThePigpen
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd pay to watch it right now if it were on Itunes.
12/31/12 4:02 PM
BravoPUA
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep. I'd buy it in a second if available right now.. Phone Post
1/1/13 5:01 PM
dentalninja
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paid $6.99 for the HD version on Charter.

I would have paid triple that for it. It was well-done and quite an emotional rollercoaster of a documentary; both depressing and inspirational at the same time.

RIP Evan.
1/1/13 5:04 PM
SoccerkickrevivaL
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watching it now!

1/2/13 3:52 PM
Hessian
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3t
1/3/13 12:28 PM
Golden Boy
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team Quest rewrote a little history. Wish they would have used the Sportsfight.com story I told them about.
1/3/13 12:44 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looked on comcast last night , its gone.

brilliant

1/3/13 12:48 PM
HOLLYWOOD-MO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've come across some horrible business models, but this takes the cake!

Great Film
Naive distribution strategy
1/3/13 1:11 PM
Golden Boy
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know how frustrating it is for everyone with the distribution. All of Evan's writings (his book) will are in his brothers garage and will never see the light of day. He told me countless times if something happened to him to make sure that his writings would be read. Knowing this I agreed to be a part of this film. These guys did the best they could and went into debt making this it. As frustrating as it is these guys are the only ones that stepped up to tell Evan's story.
1/3/13 1:23 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Boy - I know how frustrating it is for everyone with the distribution. All of Evan's writings (his book) will are in his brothers garage and will never see the light of day. He told me countless times if something happened to him to make sure that his writings would be read. Knowing this I agreed to be a part of this film. These guys did the best they could and went into debt making this it. As frustrating as it is these guys are the only ones that stepped up to tell Evan's story.

GB , we want them to make money for their efforts !!! Place it where they can sell it to

the biggest mma fans on the planet . Right here would be a good start .

1/3/13 1:37 PM
jayu
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great watch!!!
1/3/13 2:00 PM
Golden Boy

Hong Kong Phooey - 
Golden Boy - I know how frustrating it is for everyone with the distribution. All of Evan's writings (his book) will are in his brothers garage and will never see the light of day. He told me countless times if something happened to him to make sure that his writings would be read. Knowing this I agreed to be a part of this film. These guys did the best they could and went into debt making this it. As frustrating as it is these guys are the only ones that stepped up to tell Evan's story.

GB , we want them to make money for their efforts !!! Place it where they can sell it to

the biggest mma fans on the planet . Right here would be a good start .

Actually I don't want it released. When I was interviewed I was in a bad place in my life. I look bloated and drunk :)
1/3/13 3:26 PM
Ligeia420

Really need to watch this, fuck.
1/3/13 3:47 PM
staygreenponyboy
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Boy - Team Quest rewrote a little history. Wish they would have used the Sportsfight.com story I told them about.

GB can you expand on this?
1/3/13 4:49 PM
Golden Boy

staygreenponyboy - 
Golden Boy - Team Quest rewrote a little history. Wish they would have used the Sportsfight.com story I told them about.

They said Tanner won the title with them and then lost it when he left TQ. Didn't happen that way and left a lot of the story out.
1/3/13 4:53 PM
brune90

Was not formatted correctly on Cable One in Mississippi.

Great Movie Though
1/3/13 5:06 PM
staygreenponyboy
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Boy - 
staygreenponyboy - 

They said Tanner won the title with them and then lost it when he left TQ. Didn't happen that way and left a lot of the story out.

Interesting, thanks.
1/3/13 5:06 PM
staygreenponyboy

Golden Boy - 
staygreenponyboy - 

Interesting, thanks.
1/3/13 9:43 PM
MasterofMartialArts
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fucking movie. Very inspirational. One thing I wonder is, if he actually quit drinking completely before he passed? Phone Post
1/3/13 11:49 PM
Mitey Mouze
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like others have said...please release this online or DVD....I will buy! Phone Post
1/4/13 12:18 AM
abi
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Put this on itunes for fucks sake. Phone Post
1/4/13 12:51 AM
Golden Boy

MasterofMartialArts -  Great fucking movie. Very inspirational. One thing I wonder is, if he actually quit drinking completely before he passed? Phone Post

Me and Evan had a falling out and only talked a handful of times the last year of his life. I don't know if he fell off the wagon but I do know he did die sober. There were no signs on alcohol at his camp site.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.