UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Once I Was A Champion PPV debut tonight

1/5/13 11:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Golden Boy
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xIanx  - TTT

GB's story's are fantastic and Gerards dedication to E's person/story/expeirence/spirit/message is inspiring. There is a lot that most people will never know about how difficult the process has been, I can only imagine.

"because I already bought my tickets" made me laugh for a while.

Nah, the funniest was your cutting edge story followed by Ryan's jazzercise experience.
1/6/13 2:08 AM
MasterofMartialArts
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Boy -
xIanx  - TTT

GB's story's are fantastic and Gerards dedication to E's person/story/expeirence/spirit/message is inspiring. There is a lot that most people will never know about how difficult the process has been, I can only imagine.

"because I already bought my tickets" made me laugh for a while.

Nah, the funniest was your cutting edge story followed by Ryan's jazzercise experience.
Lol Phone Post
1/6/13 4:05 AM
Yer_Momma
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just bought it via Amazon instant! Gotta watch it tomorrow as it's 3am and I'm wearing my drinking boots. Good luck with the finances!

1/6/13 5:07 AM
FreightTrain
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evan Tanner, RIP.
1/6/13 6:20 AM
Dongbar
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Boy,

I know you mentioned Evan's brother has all of his writings locked up in his garage. I am more interested in the stuff Evan wrote for his myspace page circa 05-06, when he embarked on a lot of his adventures. Motorcycle trip in the the freezing cold, buying the house, building the playground, sailing the boat, crashing at the Muay Thai gym, talking about going unnoticed at UFCs, general musings, etc. Because it was posted up on the Internet surely that stuff could still be accessed right? Phone Post
1/6/13 5:38 PM
GSP24

Needs to be on Shaw on Demand in Canada.

People will end up torrenting this film, I bet. Phone Post
1/6/13 5:44 PM
Brigham
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Boy -
MasterofMartialArts -  Great fucking movie. Very inspirational. One thing I wonder is, if he actually quit drinking completely before he passed? Phone Post

Me and Evan had a falling out and only talked a handful of times the last year of his life. I don't know if he fell off the wagon but I do know he did die sober. There were no signs on alcohol at his camp site.
The toxicology report came back with alcohol in his system per the documentary Phone Post
1/6/13 6:48 PM
Golden Boy
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When you die of dehydration your blood alcohol levels spike. Read Loretta hunts article on it.
1/6/13 6:50 PM
Brigham
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Boy - When you die of dehydration your blood alcohol levels spike. Read Loretta hunts article on it.
I didn't know that, good to know tho Phone Post
1/6/13 7:00 PM
MasterofMartialArts
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Boy -
MasterofMartialArts - 
Golden Boy -
MasterofMartialArts - 
Golden Boy -
MasterofMartialArts - 
Golden Boy -
MasterofMartialArts -  Great fucking movie. Very inspirational. One thing I wonder is, if he actually quit drinking completely before he passed? Phone Post

Me and Evan had a falling out and only talked a handful of times the last year of his life. I don't know if he fell off the wagon but I do know he did die sober. There were no signs on alcohol at his camp site.
Thanks for info. Were you in the documentary? Phone Post

Yeah, I told the story about pulling him out of a trash can.
Holy shit. That was before he started fighting right? Phone Post

No, that was less than a month before he won the title.
Got you. Sorry for the annoying questions. The documentary was great but it unfortunately left me with many questions. Phone Post

Not annoying at all. Feel free to ask me or Gerard any questions.
Thanks man. Phone Post
1/6/13 7:46 PM
Golden Boy

Brigham - 
Golden Boy - When you die of dehydration your blood alcohol levels spike. Read Loretta hunts article on it.

Yeah I didn't either. Gerard called me when they were finishing the movie and told me that it looked like he was drinking at the time of his death. I was upset of course but we both were 100% that if that was the case that the truth should be told. Loretta called me and stated she checked with a few experts in the field and they explained the process why the blood alcohol levels spike in cases such as Evan's. Loretta also contacted the crime scene and then verified that there was zero signs of any alcohol on the campsite or around.
1/6/13 7:53 PM
Golden Boy

Dongbar -  Golden Boy,

I know you mentioned Evan's brother has all of his writings locked up in his garage. I am more interested in the stuff Evan wrote for his myspace page circa 05-06, when he embarked on a lot of his adventures. Motorcycle trip in the the freezing cold, buying the house, building the playground, sailing the boat, crashing at the Muay Thai gym, talking about going unnoticed at UFCs, general musings, etc. Because it was posted up on the Internet surely that stuff could still be accessed right? Phone Post

I really don't know what happened to those. Ian may be able to touch on it.
1/6/13 8:04 PM
Dongbar
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Boy -
Brigham - 

Yeah I didn't either. Gerard called me when they were finishing the movie and told me that it looked like he was drinking at the time of his death. I was upset of course but we both were 100% that if that was the case that the truth should be told. Loretta called me and stated she checked with a few experts in the field and they explained the process why the blood alcohol levels spike in cases such as Evan's. Loretta also contacted the crime scene and then verified that there was zero signs of any alcohol on the campsite or around.
The glucose or lactic acid, i can't remember exactly which, in the body begins to ferment resulting in alcohol. Phone Post
1/6/13 8:16 PM
xIanx

Evan was entirely sober throughout the time I lived and trained with him, there is no doubt in my mind that E stayed that way.

Evan's MySpace blog still has some postings, although a lot were transferred to his personal site. I will investigate and see if there is a hard drive with them on it around.

One of my last conversations with Evan was about moving his blog to spike and how they would potentially own those words of his, which is why Evan wrote a lot of 'lighter' reading... everything deep was hand written or on his computer (as GB said, in a garage).
1/8/13 6:04 AM
FatFrenchFry
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
1/8/13 7:39 PM
McSurly
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just ordered it on ppv and watching it now, very excited.

1/9/13 12:14 AM
JohnChandler

Just purchased on Amazon. I have to wake up for work in a little over four hours but I can't wait any longer to see this.
1/10/13 11:46 AM
demonbasketball04
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS, PLEASE E-RENT IT ON YOUTUBE FOR ONLY $4!!!

http://www.youtube.com/movie?v=Gf89cOiPe0Q&feature=mv_sr

1/10/13 12:19 PM
hackett
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really enjoyed and this -- and recommend it to all. It's beautifully done, and offers several different viewpoints on a really unique character. Don't miss it.
1/14/13 11:51 PM
abi
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ordered it on Comcast a few weeks ago. was cool. Phone Post
1/15/13 9:35 AM
grimer

When is this supposed to hit iTunes?
1/15/13 9:40 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
671 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/movie?v=Gf89cOiPe0Q&feature=mv_sr

4 Demon

1/15/13 10:02 AM
RLlewellyn
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watched this the other day and I encourage everyone to check it out. Really well done documentary.

1/18/13 10:31 AM
grimer

grimer - When is this supposed to hit iTunes?

It is now up on iTunes...just bought the HD version.
1/18/13 12:45 PM
Pito Chueco
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still no joy on direct tv...any idea if/when this will happen?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.