UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike Goldberg not sick, taking time off...

12/28/12 10:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor Goldie :(

He's a good guy and I hope if he is ill he recovers pronto.

Maybe Joe Hogan can share some info?

Good luck Goldie!! Phone Post
12/28/12 10:04 PM
MahoneySucks

Anik is a pro and is going to shine even brighter with Rogan next to him.

Mauro and The Voice are both too punny for the general public and try too hard to add color in their play-by-play. Phone Post
12/28/12 10:10 PM
teamquestfan

Not really surprised looking back on things. It was just a few UFC's back where DW was being interviewed by Ariel after the show and Goldie goes running by screaming in the background with all of his clothes off. Dana looked pretty irritated and commented on it. Very ackward to say the least!
12/28/12 10:16 PM
B1on1c
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has looked a bit run-down lately. And considering the Joe Rogan Drinking Game I would guess that it's either cocaine or prostate issues. Whatever it is, I really like Goldie and I hope he beats whatever it is that's ailing him. He seems like a genuinely good guy.
12/28/12 10:18 PM
chawkins
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Goldie isn't suffering with anything serious personally or medically. I hope he's just on vacation.
12/28/12 10:18 PM
hellride
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

teamquestfan - Not really surprised looking back on things. It was just a few UFC's back where DW was being interviewed by Ariel after the show and Goldie goes running by screaming in the background with all of his clothes off. Dana looked pretty irritated and commented on it. Very ackward to say the least!

Yeah that was after UFC 143.. maybe this has been a while in the making.
12/28/12 10:26 PM
Vulva Fabulous
946 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First off, kudos to mostly everybody on this thread rallying around Goldie right now while he's going through whatever it is he's going through. That's really what makes this site the best mma site and community in the world the best. Sure, there's a lot of ball busting on here towards Goldie, but, most of it is in jest and because we like him. I personally am a fan. Him and Joe are funny together, they have chemistry and don't take what they do overly serious. I'm sure Goldie himself would laugh at many of the past posts made about his errors.

Now, I don't know what is wrong with Goldie, but I do agree that he's looked "off" much more in recent shows. However, I won't make the jump and speculate that it's pills or drugs. To be clear, I'm not saying that the posts that I've read so far are rude and uncalled for, it's actually the polar opposite. The members that are posting guesses concerning drugs as the problem are saying it in a concerned manner IMO. In fact, they are being very responsible and making sure to state that it's only a guess and not making claims that they are certain he's rehabbing, it's just a guess based on what they've seen of Goldie lately.

Unfortunately there are far too many immature or very young members here that can quickly start a rumor on Twitter that goes viral within 24hrs. That is a nasty rumor to dispute, and honestly that's simply not something he needs to deal with right now, regardless if it's in fact what is wrong or not.

For all we know, he could be going through some serious relationship issues and needs time to sort stuff out. I don't know if he has a wife or kids, but that can wear somebody out. Whatever it is, I hope he's ok and comes back soon, because Goldie has put in his time doing shows and with the explosion of MMA and UFC, it would be a shame for his star to fade out now.

Hopefully he'll be back in a show or two. Phone Post
12/28/12 10:29 PM
Matt Phillips
831 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jim Ross please

12/28/12 10:32 PM
Ocean6
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vulva Fabulous -  First off, kudos to mostly everybody on this thread rallying around Goldie right now while he's going through whatever it is he's going through. That's really what makes this site the best mma site and community in the world the best. Sure, there's a lot of ball busting on here towards Goldie, but, most of it is in jest and because we like him. I personally am a fan. Him and Joe are funny together, they have chemistry and don't take what they do overly serious. I'm sure Goldie himself would laugh at many of the past posts made about his errors.

Now, I don't know what is wrong with Goldie, but I do agree that he's looked "off" much more in recent shows. However, I won't make the jump and speculate that it's pills or drugs. To be clear, I'm not saying that the posts that I've read so far are rude and uncalled for, it's actually the polar opposite. The members that are posting guesses concerning drugs as the problem are saying it in a concerned manner IMO. In fact, they are being very responsible and making sure to state that it's only a guess and not making claims that they are certain he's rehabbing, it's just a guess based on what they've seen of Goldie lately.

Unfortunately there are far too many immature or very young members here that can quickly start a rumor on Twitter that goes viral within 24hrs. That is a nasty rumor to dispute, and honestly that's simply not something he needs to deal with right now, regardless if it's in fact what is wrong or not.

For all we know, he could be going through some serious relationship issues and needs time to sort stuff out. I don't know if he has a wife or kids, but that can wear somebody out. Whatever it is, I hope he's ok and comes back soon, because Goldie has put in his time doing shows and with the explosion of MMA and UFC, it would be a shame for his star to fade out now.

Wow

Awesome

Post.

Thank you for being awesome

and VTMFUY!
12/28/12 10:32 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does not really suprised me. The dude looked bad. Either he was ''partying'' to hard,he got sick or it is a combination of both. I really do hope they do not permanently replace him though. I always get a little jittery when someone does not confirm a presenter will be ''back soon''.

I am not really feeling the Anik replacement either but i would have guessed it. Though he is not especially bad he is far from great either. But i guess they think a guy like Florian cannot do plugs. And they are probably also stuck in the mindset that you cannot have to dudes who ''call the plays'' so to speak (which is ofcourse rather silly).

Anyways not the biggest fan of Goldie but he does make a great team with Rogan so i do hope he will be back.

12/28/12 10:33 PM
iLLmAtlc

Edited: 12/28/12 10:34 PM
And that's what's coming up... INSIDE the octagon

Come back soon Mike the UFC is not the same without you.
12/28/12 10:35 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings

Sad day.

If he doesn't come back, they should replace him with Todd Harris IMO.  Anik is not doing it for me...

12/28/12 10:37 PM
kkmmnn
442 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hes been on that yayo a lil too much Phone Post
12/28/12 10:39 PM
simonpe

FinestScotch - 

... Is that true about Goldie running around naked?

Not sure if I'm the only one who caught it, but the UFC on fox, I can't say exactly what fight, return from commercial or whatever (got sauced) but Goldie was talking with Joe in his regular voice, not his "on" voice.

I found it really weird.

If you watch the TV fights outside the US. When FOX/FX/Fuel cut to commercial, you can hear Joe and Goldie just talking shit. It's actually totally awesome
12/28/12 10:42 PM
southweststalker
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasnt there a thread on Sherdog this past week that Goldie was gonna miss the PPV and that Bas was filling in? I could be wrong about who it was, but they said a pro's account was hacked and it wasnt true. Seems a bit suspicious now though
12/28/12 10:43 PM
simonpe

simonpe - 
FinestScotch - 

Not sure if I'm the only one who caught it, but the UFC on fox, I can't say exactly what fight, return from commercial or whatever (got sauced) but Goldie was talking with Joe in his regular voice, not his "on" voice.

I found it really weird.

If you watch the TV fights outside the US. When FOX/FX/Fuel cut to commercial, you can hear Joe and Goldie just talking shit. It's actually totally awesome

Obviously Jon and Kenny if FX/Fuel maincard
12/28/12 10:43 PM
simonpe

southweststalker - Wasnt there a thread on Sherdog this past week that Goldie was gonna miss the PPV and that Bas was filling in? I could be wrong about who it was, but they said a pro's account was hacked and it wasnt true. Seems a bit suspicious now though

Yes, my first thought too when I heard this
12/28/12 10:44 PM
Vulva Fabulous
946 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, and really quickly, for those complaining about Goldie plugging Corn Nuts and shit like that, you must be joking. First and foremost, you can't honestly think that if Goldie is gone that those paid advertisements will simply not be said off of memory and go away....no, Rogan or Anik will have to pick that up and most likely have to read it, which will most likely sound a tad awkward since it'll be new to Joe, and Anik might be a bit nervous and carefully read it after rehearsing it over and over again as to try not and slip up once being this is his 1st PPV. To ber honest, at this point, it's probably like muscle memory to Goldie.

I've last thing, before burying Anik, let's give him a chance. It's possible that Rogan well loosen him up a bit being that he's a comedian where as Florian is much more straight laced considering his past job was as a fighter. Rogan and Anik will more than likely have an entirely different back and forth flow which could help Anik come out if his shell. It's not a knock on Kenny whatsoever, I'm just saying let's wait to pass a final judgement on Anik based on him doing shows with Florian. Phone Post
12/28/12 10:47 PM
BRZ

Malvert the Janitor - Goldie supporters? After the drubbing he's taken on interweb forums all these years his supporters finally emerge when he's on hiatus?

MMA fans are truly manic... Phone Post
I like Goldie never really understood the hate. Even though Mike repeats the same stuff over and over he's still cool.

Maybe Joe Rogan can tell us what's up? Phone Post
12/28/12 10:53 PM
Vulva Fabulous

Ocean6 -
Vulva Fabulous -  First off, kudos to mostly everybody on this thread rallying around Goldie right now while he's going through whatever it is he's going through. That's really what makes this site the best mma site and community in the world the best. Sure, there's a lot of ball busting on here towards Goldie, but, most of it is in jest and because we like him. I personally am a fan. Him and Joe are funny together, they have chemistry and don't take what they do overly serious. I'm sure Goldie himself would laugh at many of the past posts made about his errors.

Wow

Awesome

Post.

Thank you for being awesome

and VTMFUY!
Thanks man. I appreciate it but you should really be more impressed that I typed that entire post out using my 20 month old HTC Evo 4G and dropped it midway through that post and the screen cracked. I didn't have a clear plastic screen protecter on it so when I got back to finishing my post, I got 2 glass slivers in my thumb while trying to use the Swype keyboard. 100% true, no lie!

It twas the post that almost wasn't! Phone Post
12/28/12 10:56 PM
CHILLITACO
702 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SasquatchShaman - Goldie is great. People let an occasional gaffe overshadow his talents. I really hope he is ok and that he comes back soon.
I quite like Goldie too. He is the "ad man commentator, and I think he's good.

Hope he's back soon. Phone Post
12/28/12 10:57 PM
Vril

12/28/12 11:00 PM
Iskalainen
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FinestScotch - 

I found it really weird.

Around 4:20:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRUv3HVnHqk
12/28/12 11:03 PM
Letibleu
1713 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They waited until the very last moment to announce it.

Its the changing of the garb:(

12/28/12 11:03 PM
Uncle Muay Thai
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just don't give anik the job on a permanent basis. Ranello, rutten, the voice,fight proffesor all better options IMO. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.